The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-13-2011, 01:41 PM
Royal Highness

me too^^
they are a very handsome and lovely couple, seeing young couples getting married absolutely makes me feel young!

Old 09-13-2011, 02:46 PM
Royal Highness

Kasumi, thank you for keeping us up to date with news from Bhutan! I read the article about the wedding preparations and love the fact that "His Majesty has been consistent all along that the events should be simple and traditional - it is how he operates his own life" - I cannot wait to see more news!

Old 09-26-2011, 05:07 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
Kasumi, the wedding dress according to the element is quite interesting. How is an element determined?
I would like to learn more about that, too.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:06 PM
Courtier

I too am looking forward to seeing some lovely pictures of this wedding. Hope some photos will appear in the western media. My cousin travels to Bhutan and similar countries every year for walking treks all along the base of the Himalaya Mts. I imagine he is familiar with this country and I hope to share some lovely photos of this grand event of the people celebrating their new kings wedding with him.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Asia's answer to a fairytale royal wedding, minus the tacky tea towels
Old 10-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

HM the King and the Princess-Bride Jetsun Pema have visited the Gyalposhing village in Mongar province during the pre-wedding tour across the kingdom. The royal couple was warmly greeted by the Bhutanese people.

**Pic** - from Hola!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Nobility

The Royal Wedding will be broadcast LIVE on BBS Radio and TV. Just click on the Live streaming link.
http://www.bbs.com.bt/bbs/royalwedding/
Old 10-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Courtier

Oh my God: I have just seen my first picture of Jetsun Pema, and I ccouldn't believe my eyes: she's one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen!! She'll be, according to me, one of the most beautiful princess of the world.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:31 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
Oh my God: I have just seen my first picture of Jetsun Pema, and I ccouldn't believe my eyes: she's one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen!! She'll be, according to me, one of the most beautiful princess of the world.
She'll be a queen, not a princess, but yeah, she has a different sort of beauty
Old 10-12-2011, 05:35 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

King of Bhutan wedding: Jigme Khesar Namgyal Wangchuck prepares to wed pilot's daughter Jetsun Pema - hellomagazine.com

Getty Images: Bhutan Prepares For Royal Wedding ** Belga Picture
Old 10-12-2011, 08:49 AM
Aristocracy

I hadn't heard of this king prior to the announcement of the marriage, but I have to say that, from what I read here and there since, I'm starting to appreciate him more and more...

Old 10-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Do we know what time the ceremony will begin?
Old 10-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Serene Highness

I heard 4 am Bhutan time, but I'm not sure
Old 10-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Royal Highness

I hope they will release a lot of pictures because Jetsun Pema and her prince make such a beautiful couple and I am curious to find out how her wedding dress looks like and how they celebrate weddings in BhutanI am sure they have a lot of special traditions and ancient rules that need to be followed by the royal couple...
Old 10-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Aristocracy

Found this news article...so sweet

Bhutan's royal wedding: How the king proposed when she was just seven years old | News.com.au
Old 10-13-2011, 01:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Royal bride Ashi Jetsun Pema offered prayers at the Druk Wangyal Lhakhang in Dochula, on her way to Wangduephodrang where she will spend the night on the eve of the Royal Wedding.
The wedding will be held in the 17th century Punakha Dzong on Thursday.

**Pic 1** **Pic 2** - photo courtesy: Royal Office of Media
Old 10-13-2011, 03:18 AM

Bhutan’s king weds commoner bride and crowns her queen
Old 10-13-2011, 03:42 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

His majesty King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck his bride during the purification marriage ceremony.

Getty Images: Bhutan Celebrates As The King Marries ** Belga Picture

"Hello" Bhutan royal wedding: Joy as William and Kate of the Himalayas become man and wife
Old 10-13-2011, 05:59 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
I didn´t know that they have known each other for so long,it seems like such a nice love story ("The royal couple apparently met when aged 17 and seven respectively at a family picnic in Thimphu.") I wish them all the happiness in the world and a long-lasting marriage!I have recently watched a documentary about Bhutan and it´s "Gross National Happiness"- project and I would really like to visit the country because honestly I haven´t known much about it before and it´s not often in the media...
Old 10-13-2011, 07:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
His majesty King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck his bride during the purification marriage ceremony.

Getty Images: Bhutan Celebrates As The King Marries ** Belga Picture

"Hello" Bhutan royal wedding: Joy as William and Kate of the Himalayas become man and wife
Beautiful robes!

I am quite surprised that they lied together before getting married... I thought that Bhutanese culture is very conservative.

Funny response of the King to a well-wisher!