King Jigme, Queen Jetsun Pema and the Royal Family of Bhutan 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
some info on the india state visit schedule:

During his visit, the king will hold bilateral talks with the country's leadership. He will meet President Pratibha Patil, who will host a banquet in his honour. Apart from call-ons by Vice President Hamid Ansari and other Indian dignitaries, Wangchuck will hold talks with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.This is the first visit abroad of the king after the royal wedding on October 13 and the fourth trip to India since his coronation in November 2008. The couple will also go to Jaipur, Jodhpur and Udaipur during their stay.

Photo from Getty Images

This photo is the nicest: both dresses are beautiful.
The Queen looks so girlish and innocent...
Sonia is still a pretty woman, despite her not already so young age!

TM King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuk and Queen Jetsun Pema arrive on horse carriage at The Rambagh Palace in Jaipur on October 27, 2011.
Bhutan's King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck and his newlywed queen Jetsun Pema are on a nine-day state visit to India.

daylife gallery

All of a sudden and for the first time I am interested in Bhutan..... what a lovely couple.... pure beauty (both) !

How did the cute King fly under our radar for so long???

he has such an handsome voice. i wish i could hear Jestun Pema talk too^^

beautiful pictures and video. it's nice to hear the kind speaking. i hope we see more of the lovely jetsun pema soon.
is this the first time that we see the queen dressed in occidental clothes?
i wonder if she is still attending courses in london or if she has finished her degree.

'Photographer' king reveals love for Bhutan, wife in new book - World - DNA

kuenselonline » Blog Archive »
HM the Queen, Jetsun Pema Wangchuck, will launch a book, ‘Bhutan: Through the lens of the King’ in New Delhi this evening, culminating Their Majesties’ nine-day state visit to India. Published by Roli publications based in New Delhi, the coffee-table book has 176 pages of pictures of Bhutan’s crystal clear lakes, ancient monuments, wildlife, flora and fauna, and everyday life, including rural Bhutan.
Most of the photographs in the book were taken by His Majesty the King.
The first section contains photographs of monarchs, from the first to the fourth Druk Gyalpo, and ends with a picture of Her Majesty Ashi Jetsun Pema.

Cover page of the book

Last edited:
Royal couple private visit to Singapore

The King of Bhutan, Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, and the Queen Ashi Jetsun Pema Wangchuck are in Singapore on a four-day private visit.
The royal couple met President Tony Tan Keng Yam and Mrs Mary Tan, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and former Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew on Tuesday.

**Pic** - credits AsiaOne

The royal touch
King of Bhutan Jigme Khesar Namgyal Wangchuck and his Queen Jetsun were in Delhi on their honeymoon last month, captivating Delhi’s chattering classes. At the Rashtrapati Bhavan, in his banquet speech, the King spoke of the close ties between India and Bhutan.
And then, he turned to the subject of marriage. “As I have been married for ten whole days, I feel I am sufficiently experienced to speak on the subject,” he said solemnly, as the entire table smiled widely.
But the real story is the one that never got told. In Punakha, the administrative capital of Bhutan, the King and the Queen were on a walk-about in a huge archery stadium. From one end of the stadium, the King called out to the crowd, “What do you think? Shall I kiss my bride?”
“Yes,” roared the crowd. So, he kissed the new Queen on one cheek. “Are you satisfied,” he asked. “No,” roared the crowd.
So, he kissed her on the other cheek. “Are you satisfied now?” he asked. “Yes,” answered the crowd.
“But I’m not satisfied,” said the King and kissed his wife on the lips in public. The crowd went mad.

Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asian Affairs Robert Blake, the Fourth King of Bhutan Jigme Singye Wangchuk, and three of his wives pose for a photo in front of Dechencholing Palace, in Thimphu, Bhutan, on April 29, 2010.

Colourful photo - State Department Photo/Public Domain

"but im not satisfied", loved that part from the King!!!!!!!!!!! he was cool and quite manly^^

Got to talk to some civil servants from Bhutan. They just love their King. Coming from a democracy myself, it was wonderful hearing intelligent, critical people express utmost confidence and belief in a leader. It's amazing. They said that when the King was in his teens, he first met the Queen and told her they'd meet again when they were older and that they would get married if both of them were still single at the time.

TM the King & the Queen's state visit to Japan - November 15-19, 2011

TM the King and Queen of Bhutan will be visiting Japan from November 15-19 on the invitation of the Japanese emperor.
It will be first state visit of Bhutanese monarch to Japan ever.

Programm of the visit:

1. HM the King will address to DIET
on November 17th;
2. HM the King will meet the Crown Prince and the PM (the Emperor will not be able to attend - Source);
HM the King will reaffirm the goodwill and friendship of the Bhutanese people towards the people of Japan, and express solidarity with the victims of the earthquake of March 11th, 2011.
4.The Keio University will confer on HM the King an honorary doctorate in economics, where HM will deliver an acceptance lecture to the students and faculty.
5. The state banquet will be hosted by Imperial family (the Emperor will not be able to attend).

The Royal visit to Japan | BBS
Provisional Itinerary is here (Embassy of Japan in Bhutan)

Haha..seems like the King is taking his new Queen on a part honeymoon/part official visit tour to introduce her to the Asia countries. Since their wedding last month, they have visited India, Singapore and now, Japan.

Bhutan's King Jigme Khesar and Queen Ashi Jetsun with Jaipur's Prince Narendra Singh (left), young Maharaja Padmanabh Singh (right) and Princess Diya Kumari - October 2011.

**Pic**

Last edited by a moderator:
King & Queen meet Thailand's PM & husband

Yingluck In Audience With Visiting King Jigme - Voice TV
The Thai female PM along with her spouse, Anusorn Amornchat, was conferred the royal audience at a hotel in Sukumvit area where King Jigme and Queen Jetsun are currently staying during their visit to Thailand.
Yingluck also hosted luncheon for the Bhutanese royal couple at the hotel.
The royal visit was viewed as part of their honeymoon trip, following an elaborate wedding ceremony in the tiny Asian state last month.

**Pic 1** **Pic 2** **Pic 3**
**Pic 4** **Pic 5**

Once again, thank you so much Kasumi for keeping us up to date with news of King Jigme and Queen Jetsun. I am quite struck at the lovely way in which the king and queen greet people, with such grace and humility.
I should imagine that the people of Bhutan are missing their king and queen and look forward to their return!

King's sister launches her book for children

Bhutantoday: Bhutan - HRH launches her book “Raven Tells a Story
Coinciding with the celebration of the 56th birth anniversary of the fourth Druk Gyalpo and Children’s Day today, November 11, HRH Ashi Sonam Dechan Wangchuck launched her book 'The Raven Tells a Story' at the Folk Heritage Museum in Kawajangsa, Thimphu.
This is Her Royal Highness’s first published work dedicated to the Father of Bhutan’s Constitution, the fourth Druk Gyalpo, Jigme Singye Wangchuck.
'The Raven Tells a Story' is set in a small, bucolic village in Bhutan resonating the life found throughout the country. The story follows the protagonist, Singye, on a quest for answers about a ‘curious book’.
His journey towards ‘constitutional’ enlightenment is populated with often transient and ethereal interactions with his close-knit family, his friend Wangyal, schoolteachers and classmates, and the mythic Raven, which is much alike (and in deference to) the historical significance of a Raven that guided the great Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyel to Bhutan in the early 17th century.

[FONT=verdana, arial]TRH Prince Charles, The Prince of Wales and Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall welcomed TM King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuk and Queen Jetsun Pema Wangchuk of Bhutan at Clarence House on November 23, 2011.

**Pic** - credits Getty
[/FONT]

Is it only an impression of me, or do we all see the King of Bhutan more often since he is married?

Last edited:
Is it only an impression of me, or do we all see the King of Bhutan more often since he is married?
HM is very active since his inauguration in 2008.
It's just his young wife who attracts more attention of public now. The Japanese are enchanted with the Royal couple after their state visit.:)

The Press Association: Charles praises architecture alumni
The Prince of Wales has praised former students of his architectural institution and described his joy at seeing them working on one of his most important building projects.
[...]
Charles was joined for part of his visit by King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck of Bhutan - the Himalayan Kingdom - and his wife Queen Jetsun, the daughter of an airline pilot, who had tea with Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall at Clarence House on Wednesday.

**Pic 1** **Pic 2** **Pic 3** **Pic 4** - credits Rex
:previous:
Looking for the big ones.;)

I would also love to see bigger pictures of the Bhutan royal couple in UK:)

Searched for a shop that sells the book of King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck´s photographs but I could only find this page: Flipkart.com: Bhutan: Through The Lens Of The King: Book: Malvika Singh (9788174368591)

Hope it will be available on amazon or in stores soon....the book cover looks great and I am really excited to see the other pictures,especially his portrait of Q.Jetsun Pema!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom