King Jigme, Queen Jetsun Pema and the Royal Family of Bhutan 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kasumi, thank you for keeping us up to date with news from Bhutan! I read the article about the wedding preparations and love the fact that "His Majesty has been consistent all along that the events should be simple and traditional - it is how he operates his own life" - I cannot wait to see more news!

I too am looking forward to seeing some lovely pictures of this wedding. Hope some photos will appear in the western media. My cousin travels to Bhutan and similar countries every year for walking treks all along the base of the Himalaya Mts. I imagine he is familiar with this country and I hope to share some lovely photos of this grand event of the people celebrating their new kings wedding with him.

HM the King and the Princess-Bride Jetsun Pema have visited the Gyalposhing village in Mongar province during the pre-wedding tour across the kingdom. The royal couple was warmly greeted by the Bhutanese people.

**Pic** - from Hola!

Oh my God: I have just seen my first picture of Jetsun Pema, and I ccouldn't believe my eyes: she's one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen!! She'll be, according to me, one of the most beautiful princess of the world.

Oh my God: I have just seen my first picture of Jetsun Pema, and I ccouldn't believe my eyes: she's one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen!! She'll be, according to me, one of the most beautiful princess of the world.

She'll be a queen, not a princess, but yeah, she has a different sort of beauty :flowers:

I hadn't heard of this king prior to the announcement of the marriage, but I have to say that, from what I read here and there since, I'm starting to appreciate him more and more...

Do we know what time the ceremony will begin?

I hope they will release a lot of pictures because Jetsun Pema and her prince make such a beautiful couple and I am curious to find out how her wedding dress looks like and how they celebrate weddings in Bhutan:princess3:I am sure they have a lot of special traditions and ancient rules that need to be followed by the royal couple...

Royal bride Ashi Jetsun Pema offered prayers at the Druk Wangyal Lhakhang in Dochula, on her way to Wangduephodrang where she will spend the night on the eve of the Royal Wedding.
The wedding will be held in the 17th century Punakha Dzong on Thursday.

**Pic 1** **Pic 2** - photo courtesy: Royal Office of Media

I didn´t know that they have known each other for so long,it seems like such a nice love story:flowers: ("The royal couple apparently met when aged 17 and seven respectively at a family picnic in Thimphu.") I wish them all the happiness in the world and a long-lasting marriage!I have recently watched a documentary about Bhutan and it´s "Gross National Happiness"- project and I would really like to visit the country because honestly I haven´t known much about it before and it´s not often in the media...

Most of the wedding-related material above has been copied over to the Wedding thread.
Could future posts discussing the wedding or providing news, picture or video links please be made in the Royal Weddings forum.

Warren
Other Reigning Houses moderator

BBC News - Profile: Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck
The Bhutanese king was not thrown in at the deep end when he came to the throne in November 2008. His father Jigme Singye Wangchuck - who himself acceded to the throne when aged only 16 - took great pains to ensure that his son was prepared to take over before his abdication in December 2006.
The young king had a difficult act to follow. His father won international acclaim for his role in turning Bhutan into a constitutional monarchy while his emphasis on gross national happiness - the idea that spiritual and mental well-being are more important than material prosperity - made him the darling of development groups the world over.

The newly wed royal couple of Bhutan — King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuk and his wife Jetsun Pema — have chosen Rajasthan for their “royal” honeymoon. -Full article

Asia Times Online :: Royal wedding stirs change in Bhutan
While the tiny nation is home to just about 700,000 people, the wedding of 31-year-old King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck to to 21-year-old commoner Jetsun Pema drew tens of thousands to Thimphu, with some Bhutanese walking up to six days to reach the venue.
[...]
Prime Minister Jigmi Yoser Thinley, the royal wedding organizer, said the government had made arrangements "mostly in terms of traditional Buddhist ceremonies", adding that the costs were "very very limited".

I looked at the date above the picture at Hello's site and it had the date 11 OCTOBER 2011 on its right side. That is why I posted the link here. I should have clicked on the report link. In the beginning of it it said the king was 27 years old so you are right, Kasumi. It is an old photo indeed.

Last edited:
Official visit of TM the King & Queen to India - October 23 - 31, 2011

The Hindu : News / International : Bhutan
Undertaking the first foreign visit after their marriage, Bhutanese King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck and Queen Jetsun Pema Wangchuck will arrive in India on Sunday during which the King will hold bilateral talks with the country’s leadership.
Announcing their State visit, the External Affairs Ministry said the King and Queen will also go to Jaipur, Jodhpur and Udaipur during their nine-day stay.

:previous:
TM King and Queen of Bhutan have arrived to Indira Gandhi International airport in New Delhi on October 23rd, 2011, for their first official foreign visit after their wedding.

daylife gallery

Visit to India - Day 1

King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck of Bhutan inspects a guard of honour during his ceremonial reception at the presidential palace in New Delhi October 24, 2011. The King is on a nine-day state visit to India.

**Pic** - Reuters

how sweet the newlyweds^^
its always a pleasure to see them, love them both

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom