King Jigme, Queen Jetsun Pema and the Royal Family of Bhutan 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really though that The Gyalsey was his name !
You should not feel bad. Bhutan is a small and until recently, very isolated country. I had to do more than a simple search to figure out what it meant - and even then I was not sure. Gyalsy is indeed used as a first name for some. It's not at all like Western culture, unless you recall that Saint Days once substituted for Birth Days. Not the same, but similar, sort of. And nice to learn about this - thanks to all for the links.

What different beautifully will be tomorrow's birthday for the king

Last edited:
Finally we see his face, he is so cute and has his mother lips!

It's been only two weeks and we've got quite a large collection of his pictures. I'm sure we, royal watchers, will get the privilege to see the prince grow. At this rate they'll comemorate the prince's 1 month, 6 month old and 1 year old with pictures.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the meaning of the title The Gyasley?

What a handsome little bundle of saffron! And Happy Birthday to the King! :fireworks:

I'm glad that we get to see the Gyasley's face at last, and what a beautiful little face it is. :) I wonder when we will get to find out his given name. What religion is the Bhutanese RF? I'm asking because I wonder if the Gyasley will have some kind of naming ceremony.

I'm glad that we get to see the Gyasley's face at last, and what a beautiful little face it is. :) I wonder when we will get to find out his given name. What religion is the Bhutanese RF? I'm asking because I wonder if the Gyasley will have some kind of naming ceremony.

They are Budhist.

If they are similar to Tibetan traditions, I cant find specifically on Bhutan, the baby's name is announced at the end of the celebrations for the birth which can last several weeks.

Extremely cute ! A lovely son to lovely parents !!!!

What a handsome little bundle of saffron! And Happy Birthday to the King! :fireworks:

This made me laugh, but you're right. He is a handsome little guy and his Mom & Dad look completely besotted w/their little Prince. Love the one of the King holding him up and nuzzling his little boy. So sweet!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

21 February 2016, Lingkana Palace:
For the Bhutanese, it is considered the greatest honour to be able to serve our Kings. This group of Royal Courtiers, retired senior government officials, senior monks and armed force personnel, including those who have served since the time of His Majesty the Second Druk Gyalpo, offered their wishes to His Majesty The King for His Majesty's Birth Anniversary, at the Lingkana Palace today.
For the veterans, who have witnessed some of the most important moments of our history during their service to their King and people, it was a special honour to also receive an opportunity to offer their Tashi Lekdhar for the Royal Birth of His Royal Highness The Gyalsey.
https://www.facebook.com/KingJigmeKhesar/posts/10153818260698260

Gyasley is "dragon child".

No.

Yes the king is called the dragon king in Bhutanese but his title is Druk Gyalpo. Druk is the Bhutanese word for dragon, not Gyalpo. Gyalpo simply means King.

The queen is Druk Gyaltsuen, literally the Dragon queen.

Gyaltsuen is the feminine, and Gyasley is the diminutive, 'the prince'.

If Bhutan follows similar to Nepal, the name is usually announced at the end of the traditional celebrations of a birth. And those can take up to a month. He will be a month old this weekend so hopefully we may have a name by the end of the week:flowers:

His Majesty The King and Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen with Her Majesty The Royal Grandmother, and His Royal Highness The Gyalsey, at the Lingkana Palace. His Royal HIghness The Gyalsey is one-month-old on 5th March.

https://scontent.fath3-2.fna.fbcdn....=13018c718941b47a845c0bc1bb4e6476&oe=575B0C1F
https://scontent.fath3-2.fna.fbcdn....=f1a5b5de7023bd3f6a7eadf0a2828822&oe=5797C2BF
https://scontent.fath3-2.fna.fbcdn....=f5ed560830abb83b933601a53751abd0&oe=57612342

Queen Jetsun Pema Facebook:
4 March 2016:
Kezang Dorji, who travelled for 3 days to reach Thimphu from his village in Merak, realized his heart's desire and the purpose of his journey, when he had the joy of receiving an Audience with His Majesty The King, and offering his wishes for the Royal Birth.
Kesang, who is 50 years old, expressed his profound joy on having received the opportunity to offer his best wishes, and plans to return to his village, immensely satisfied that his aspiration was fulfilled.
His Royal Highness The Gyalsey was born on 5th February 2016, and is one month old on 5th March. On this happy occasion, we are delighted to convey to the people and well-wishers of Bhutan that His Royal Highness and Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen are in excellent health.
https://www.facebook.com/QueenJetsun/posts/975506472497381

That's right after the Cambridges visit. I am going to predict some baby items being given to baby prince from George and Charlotte.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

18 March 2016, Trashiyangtse:
The thousands of devotees attending the sacred Gomkora Tsechu were doubly blessed when His Majesty The King graced the historic festival.
The people offered Ku Sung Thugten Mendrel and Tshogchang to welcome their King. His Majesty spent the evening meeting with the people.
The tsechu was initiated by the 3rd Druk Desi Minjur Tempa in the 17th Century, at Gomkora, which is believed to be the holy site where Guru Rinpoche is said to have meditated and hidden precious terma to be discovered in the future. As one of the most important religious events in the east, people from the entire region, and even from Tawang across the border, come to attend the Tsechu.
En-route to Gomkora, His Majesty visited Sherubtse College in Kanglung, and granted separate Audiences to the entire body of students, and faculty members.
https://www.facebook.com/KingJigmeKhesar/posts/10153888954208260

:previous: I'm so Western. I'm thinking, "ooh a list of royal engagements including the Cambridge visit" and I get a calendar. A lovely photo - is that cherry or apple blossoms? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom