Wealth of the Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hillary_nugent

Heir Apparent
Country
Australia
Are they very wealthy compared to other Royal house or is their wealth just like any ordinary citizen which i doubt...? ^__^

they are the 2nd wealthiest royalty after liechtenstein. jean of luxembourg is also the second in the rank of wealthiest royals.

carlota said:
they are the 2nd wealthiest royalty after liechtenstein. jean of luxembourg is also the second in the rank of wealthiest royals.

Really? I never really thought of them as very wealth. Although, they do live in a rich country...

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Really? I never really thought of them as very wealth. Although, they do live in a rich country...
Same here...i never considered them very wealthy...they don't seem so 'grandly' as the English royals...Does Luxembourg have a very strong economy or something? why are they so wealthy apart form inheritence...?

i have also thought that. as it's a tiny country i thought they were one of the poorest. however, statistics surprised me.
luxembourg has surely a strong economic. it's mostly based in its iron and coal. there lots of powerful european banks there... i have an uncle who works for a company of mine expotation often goes to luxembourg. :) i remember him talking to my mum and me about one of it's most important banks, which has a really stunning architectural design... he was talking about it for nearly 20 minutes... at that time i didn't know it was the country of the grand nassaus (i didn't know it was a gran duchy even), maybe that's why i didn't pay too much attention. :)

Wealth of the Grand Ducal Family

I wish i could reply Prince Guillaume or one of the other princes hahahaha...isn't PRince Guillaume worth $200 million...imagine what shopping with him would be like!!! *drools*

By himself?!!! I read 90 million somewhere. Phew! But now for something completely different... has anyone seen any pics of cutie baby Jean (Guillaume and Sibilla's fourth child?) since his Baptism?

Actually, I tell a lie - I read it was 900 million! That's insane. It was in a women's magazine so I'd like to know their source.

Golly are you serious? 900 million?!?! From what? Inheritance? golly...imagine the worth of the family combine..5 billion-ish...?

I don't know whether that could seriously be his personal wealth, which is what was suggested - when did he have time to earn that? Maybe they meant he stands to inherit that much, which seems much more feasible. :)

The Last Will and Testament of Josephine

I was wondeing while surfing the net about the wealth of the reigning royal families of Europe. It was mentioned that the Luxembourg family is the second richest on the list. And Grand Duke Jean wealth valued at some 2 billion dollars.

Does anyone have any ideas on what was lefted for who by Josephine Charlotte?.It would be very interesting to know, what that handsome Crown Prince Guillaume must be worth?.:D

P.S. do you think he is worth more than Prince William?:confused:

Did you happen to be reading the TIME Europe article? That's the only one I've seen with a list of Europe's richest royals. I think the total family fortune is somewhere around $4 billion, but I have no way of knowing who that's divided among (Does every member of the family have a share, or just the Grand Dukes and their spouses/kids?) or who inherits what.

If the article I mentioned isn't the one you're referring to, or if anybody else is interested here's the link: http://www.time.com/time/europe/magazine/2002/0603/monarchy/riches.html

The following informations are from magazine Revue:

In the national budget the civil list of the Grand Duke (Jean) is mentionned with 33,7 millions of ancient Luxembourgish francs (0,85 million Euro). The "Maison du Grand Duc" (House of the Grand Duke) is spending the biggest amount on the personnel and the servants.

In the year 2000 for example the "Maison du Grand Duc" costed 228.482.000 LUF( Luxembourgish francs) (5.663.920 Euro).

The treasury paid 15.156.000 LUF (375.707 Euro) of representation money in the year 1999 to the Grand Ducal court. In addition the court received 3.799.000.000 LUF (94.174.000 Euro) of representation money for the Hereditary Grand Duke. 165.642.000 LUF ( 4.106.158 Euro) were coming off the treasury for the payment of the servants.

Furthermore the Grand Ducal court got 4.277.000.000 LUF (106.024.060 Euro) of public servants payments . Eventually the state is paying 5.705.000.000 LUF (141.423.256 Euro) to the Grand Ducal court for its use and its maintenance of the buildings.

It is really overwhelming what large amounts of money are circulating every year among the state and the sovereigns of Luxembourg.:eek:

Yes it is a lot of money. But this money is used to pay for official events, etc. not for the personal use of the GD & his family, correct?

the last will and testament of Josephine

Drimal,

Is there some way you ca translate euros into dollars I donot understand the currency.

Aslo,is it true that this family is the second richest in Europe?. If so that would make CP Guillaume and his brothers very wealthy bachelors,right?

destiny said:
Drimal,

Is there some way you ca translate euros into dollars I donot understand the currency.

Aslo,is it true that this family is the second richest in Europe?. If so that would make CP Guillaume and his brothers very wealthy bachelors,right?

Euros were created to compete with the dollar, so they are roughly the same value.
I did a quick conversion on XE and they have the following rate as of 1:33 PM Eastern US Time:
1.00 Euro=1.19132 US dollars.
Here's the site if you'd like to convert the amounts that Drimal was so kind to post.

Oh mY god that is a lot of money for such a small country. Wow!!!! I am impresed.

Luxembourg is one of the richest countries in the world, with a standard of living rivalled only by Norway.
The average per capita income is $58,900 [comparing that to the USA's, which is $40,100] and the amount of the population below the poverty line is too small to even measure [comparing that to the USA's, which is 12%].
According to the CIA's factbook, most of their wealth comes from steel, chemicals, rubber, and the "financial sector" [foreign banking]. They depend upon foreign guest workers for about 30% of their labor force.

I'm not from Luxembourg. I think their fortune is somewhere over 4 billion euros. And I think Felix is about 6'.
I saw once that Guillaume and Felix are the heirs to the second-largest royal fortune at $4 billion. I don't know if that's in Euros or what, but it was in an article that someone posted in this thread. It's got Guillaume and Felix playing in the water in the pic.;)

Ditebaby said:
I saw once that Guillaume and Felix are the heirs to the second-largest royal fortune at $4 billion. I don't know if that's in Euros or what, but it was in an article that someone posted in this thread. It's got Guillaume and Felix playing in the water in the pic.;)
Yeah I saw that picture but could not read that picture because the words were too vague for me:rolleyes: .

la francaise said:
Yeah I saw that picture but could not read that picture because the words were too vague for me:rolleyes: .
I saved the picture to my computer and was able to go back and look at it when I was offline. After zooming in once I was able to read what it said. ALthough my main concern was seeing Guillaume without a shirt on.:D

People 12 Sept 2005? Then I think its $4 billion, which is more when you consider euros. The conversion is from euro to dollar 1 to 1.20.

Money

People 12 Sept 2005? Then I think its $4 billion, which is more when you consider euros. The conversion is from euro to dollar 1 to 1.20.
You know honestly I don't know anything about the current currency of euros converting into u.s dollars, because I always thought of doing too much mathematics and I don't wanna think that hard:confused: :D .

la francaise said:
You know honestly I don't know anything about the current currency of euros converting into u.s dollars, because I always thought of doing too much mathematics and I don't wanna think that hard:confused: :D .

If it makes it easier for you, euros are approximately the same in dollars. The euro was actually created to compete with the dollar. So if it says 4 billion in euros, then that is roughly 4 billion in dollars as well.

suturegeisha said:
If it makes it easier for you, euros are approximately the same in dollars. The euro was actually created to compete with the dollar. So if it says 4 billion in euros, then that is roughly 4 billion in dollars as well.

So your saying that both money currencies are the same? But I heard from one of my teachers that the euro is currently more valuble then the u.s. dollar.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom