State Visit from Spain to Luxembourg: April 16-18, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fanletizia said:
17-04-2007 Concert 2nd day of the statevisit of King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia to Grand duke Henri and Grande Duchess Maria Teresa.
The royals attended the concert in the Philharmonie

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2007/07041773.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2007/07041771.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2007/07041770.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2007/07041776.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2007/07041777.jpg

Gallery

PPE Agency

thanks for the pics... wonderfull!!!

I think Maria Teresa looks beautiful at this event. For me the dress Sofia has is beautiful, it just doesn't go well with her skin tone.

Paty said:
Speech of His Majesty the King in the luncheon offered by the Government of Luxembourg, Bourglinster Castle.

Mister Prime Minister,

I am very grateful for so nice words and the cordial reception that you has wanted to distribute to us in the singular frame of Bourglinster Castle during our second Visit of State to the Grand Duchy.

I wish to express to you, first of all, my satisfaction for the tuning in between Luxembourg and Spain in the European Union and in the international politics, departing from a common bet for the European integration and from a coincidental commitment with the peace, the freedom, the human rights and the international solidarity.

Likewise, I state, with pleasure, the intensity of the contacts between our societies.

A trend that meets happily fed by the tourism and the increasing cultural interchange.

Spain values and admires the firm European vocation of Luxembourg, which appears between the founding countries of the European Communities and is distinguished by his constant and constructive contribution in the bosom of the Union. For all this, the Grand Duchy has been and is a constant reference to Spain.

Many of your predecessors, Mister Primer Ministry, have left a deep fingerprint in the project of European construction.

You represent one of the most solid paths of contribution to the European reason, specially with his impulse to the Economic and Monetary Union, as well as his support to the social cohesion and in the struggle against the unemployment.

The Governments of our two countries are narrowly associated in their positions concerning the Constitutional Agreement.

I celebrate that in the European forums Luxembourg and Spain support concordant positions.

I think about so current and diverse problems as the climatic change, on the one that reached a historical commitment in the last European Council of Berlin, or in the immigration, which must be an object of attention in the European area, by means of the development of a migratory coherent and solidary politics.

Mister Prime Minister,

Last night I had occasion to indicate that, as allies in the OTAN and associates in the Union, besides members of the OSCE - that this year presides by Spain-, we are joined by the same vision of the requirements of safety and of cooperation, both in Europe and in the rest world. All this, in an international environment marked by so complex phenomena, as the blight of the terrorism or the regional conflicts.

Luxembourg and Spain bet also for the reinforcement of the United Nations and of the International Law.

We are sure that, only from the conciliation and the understanding, we will be in conditions to confront successfully the international achievement of the peace and the safety, the promotion of the democracy, the struggle against the poverty and the inequality.

Mister Prime Minister,

Our economic and commercial relations are enormously fluid and in constant growth, although the commercial scale Hispanic - Luxembourg presents a certain deficit for Spain that would be desirable to balance.

I hope that in the Economic and Financial Seminar in the Chamber of Trade of Luxembourg, which tomorrow we inaugurate with companies of our two countries, could explore and open new routes to press hard our economic bows.

I am sure, in sum, of which the intense contacts foreseen in the frame of this Visit of State, will allow to expand the wealth of relations and the mutual understanding that they join Luxembourg and Spain.

Thank to you again for the amiability of this luncheon, I want to raise my glass to toast to the Government of the Grand Duchy and to the deep and intense friendship between our two States.

Thank you very much.

Source/Casareal

Which language was the speech in? Spanish or English?
How about Grand Duke Henri?

I agree that Sofia's Valentino dress is very beautiful, but the color is wrong for her complexion. I also like her earrings and necklace set. Are they new or she had worn them before ?

Queen Sofia this magnifies, a wonderful figure, the precious and very elegant dress. This time if I like the suit of Mteresa, it it has left far better that the one of yesterday.:flowers:

Beate said:
Which language was the speech in? Spanish or English?
How about Grand Duke Henri?

Hi Beate,

The king pronounce his speech in French, I translate it from the Royal House of Spain web that publish the speech in spanish.

The Grand Duke Henri also pronounce his speech in french.( I can translate i don´t understand French):neutral:

Here (at the end of the page) you can find all the speeches pronounced during this State Visit. (in French)

I Hope all of you can understand all the speeches that I have translated. Sorry for my English!

OHH! I love Maria Teresa suit!!!

The outfits worn by the two Royal Ladies to the concert is absolutely stunning especially the Grand Duchess' outfit.

Stellad

Much better dresses I should say! Lovely colors. The suits worn today for the visit to the university were really great as well.

Paty said:
Hi Beate,

The king pronounce his speech in French, I translate it from the Royal House of Spain web that publish the speech in spanish.

The Grand Duke Henri also pronounce his speech in french.( I can translate i don´t understand French):neutral:

Here (at the end of the page) you can find all the speeches pronounced during this State Visit. (in French)

I Hope all of you can understand all the speeches that I have translated. Sorry for my English!

Thanks so much for your answer. Much appreciated! Your translations are fine, they are easy to understand! Thanks for your hard work!
I can speak French so I will take a look at the link you provided!

fanletizia said:
Grand Duc Henri of Luxembourg (L) exchanges last salutes with King Juan Carlos of Spain while Grand Duchess Maria Teresa (R) and Queen Sofia do likewise in front of the Palais Grand Ducal prior to the Spanish Royals departure from Luxembourg, Luxembourg 18 April 2007

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

The GD and the King look very close; I have seen plenty of pictures of them together and they appear like dear friends. I wonder what they are talking about, jutted together :)

Well both the Queen and the GD both redeemed themselves in my eyes with their attire on the 2nd night. Both dresses were very elegant and very flattering. 100% improvement over the gala dresses. IMO that is.

I am surprised not to see Guillaume involved in any of the activities related to the Spanish state visit. I would have thought that as the hereditary grand duke, he would have participated in at least one of them.

zarzuela said:
I am surprised not to see Guillaume involved in any of the activities related to the Spanish state visit. I would have thought that as the hereditary grand duke, he would have participated in at least one of them.

I'd had thought he'd be attending one of the dinner's. Its a dissapointing none of the grand duke's children took part of this visit. Both ladies look beautfiul in the suits. The color on M-T is lovely, queen sofia also looked really elegent but looking also very tired. This was a nice visit, lots of great pictures posted, thanks everyone

donnaK said:
I agree that Sofia's Valentino dress is very beautiful, but the color is wrong for her complexion. I also like her earrings and necklace set. Are they new or she had worn them before ?

It's a jellewery set seldom worn by the Queen. In fact, the only time I recall she wore it was in 2004, at the dinner offered to Simeon Saxe-Couurg Gotha of Bulgaria.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/51371885.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=27183890BFF566AB679ED5F7E4767BD1A9C30E9B9B114CE8http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/5...83890BFF566AB679ED5F7E4767BD1A9C30E9B9B114CE8

Queen Sofia and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa are both elegant at the concert.

sesa said:
Well both the Queen and the GD both redeemed themselves in my eyes with their attire on the 2nd night. Both dresses were very elegant and very flattering. 100% improvement over the gala dresses. IMO that is.

I agree with you, wholeheartedly!!!! Yes, the Queen sometimes makes a slight "error of judgement" as far as dress goes from time to time, but the Grand Duchess seems to bounce from extremes - when she gets it wrong, it's awfully wrong, but she was absolutely ravishing on the second night!!

zarzuela said:

Yes, what is up with this? I thought at least we would see the hereditary grand duke at one or another event. Does anyone know the reason as to why this is? Actually come to think of it, he rarely attends anything social events. I only see him during some events within Luxembourg.

Isn't MT wearing the tiara of Josephine-Charlotte that was supposed to be auctioned, but was thereafter withdrawn. The rumour was that she didn't want MT wearing any of her personal jewels, such as the wedding gift tiara. I am glad to see it on MT, though. It's a wonderful addition to her collection.

True Chota, it is one of the two tiara's that JC received upon her marriage from the Belgians. I was surprised to see it on MT to, but I am quite happy that it was 'saved'.

The Grand Duchess looks absolutely beautiful with that tiara, she should wear it more often. And her dress was stunning!

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and Queen Sofia is beautiful many dress!!!

chuchu said:
The Grandduchess appears to have one black pearl earring and one white pearl earring.

She does! It's bizarre! But I think it might be the light from the photo flash reflecting off the left pearl to make it appear black.

how weird, I wonder why that is...

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread - I cant believe that I missed most of the visit last year!
I had seen some pics since, but nothing like this...

She does! It's bizarre! But I think it might be the light from the photo flash reflecting off the left pearl to make it appear black.

What's so bizarre about that? Lots of pearl suites have earrings of opposite colours, including a very famous set owned by Queen Mary and the Duchess of Windsor.
I think this look is one of Maria Teresa's best...I'm smitten...:wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom