State Visit from Spain to Luxembourg: April 16-18, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for all the photos! :flowers:

Both ladies look very elegant :)

The Grand Duchess looks wonderfull!!!... nice color... and the Queen too!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My dear Queen Sofia-her dress is awful! It makes her look really really old and like she has no shape. Not fond of Maria-Teresa's either :ohmy: :sad:

I like Sofia dress, the colour is beautifull, But Maria Teresa what was she thinking!!!!!:wacko:

The Grand Duchess María Teresa this very elegant, and very pretty one with all their dresses, the colors favor him very much, a ten for the Grand Duchess

i think both ladies look lovely...

Well I guess i'm on my own about The Queen's dress. :rolleyes: I just think that it does nothing for her. But well, I can live with it because she usually looks beautiful ;)

I think M-T look beautiful, the dress is beautiful but im not sure if it works on her, i have to sit on that. Q.Sofia is dissapointing, for some reason she pulled it off well today but the evening gown is really old fashioned, color is too young for her, she also looks tired. I love the tiara she wore, beautiful !!

Will any of the children of the Grand Duke and Duchess be at the gala dinner?
It would be nice to see them also.

ANP

Ok bear with me, if you look at the soldier standing to the right of King Juan Carlos and Grand Duchess Maria. He is looking in the direction of the camer. Is it just me, or does it look like Prince Constanjin of the Netherlands in disguise!:lol:

I have to agree with sOfIa, both the Queen and the Grund Duchess don't look their best...
Whenever the Grand Duchess gets it wrong, she dresses too flashy and chooses dresses more appropriate for a woman half her age at some Los Angeles movie premiere.
Whenever Queen Sofia gets it wrong, she dresses too dull & dowdy in something her mother would have rejected in the sixties.
For this banquet, they both got it dead wrong IMO. There's far too much going on with the GD's dress - the mix of shiny fabrics, colours, ruffles, prints, the train: Ouch! And Queen Sofia less than regal in an elongated 1960' housedress with a perfectly terrible pattern on it...
Both of them can do much better, and as this state visit is mostly about appearances (look at the program - there's not much of significance going on there really!) they should have done better too.

...sOfIa.... said:
Well I guess i'm on my own about The Queen's dress. :rolleyes: I just think that it does nothing for her. But well, I can live with it because she usually looks beautiful ;)

I'm undecided on that one - the basic idea is nice, but I think it just a little "down", too modest for the occasion. But she is so lovely, she cannot seriously look bad in anything.

I like the green thing in MT's dress, but the golden top is like from another dress altogether. The fabric looks cheap and it doesn't fit properly :sad: GD Henri is, once again, ridiculously handsome :blush:

w o n d e r f u l dress by the Grand Duchess!!!!

I really, really like this Empire style gown, and the material is exquise!
Dared choice of colours. I saw the images on RTL Television and the Grand Duchess entering the Banqueting Hall, with her sparkling jewels and a wonderful traditional court train moving behind her. Simply awesome.

Lovely jewels on both ladies. It was the first time the Grand Duchess wore this diamond and pearls diademe, very pretty and elegant!

:flowers:

Last edited:
Ok, I saw the pics of the top of the dress and thought, well, it's not that bad, but then I got to the one that showed both ladies full length, and OMG, what was GD Teresa thinking! That is the most hideous dress I have seen in a while! And Queen Sofia, I know that she's a grandmother, but I've definately seen better dresses on her. Looks like something she might have worn 30 years ago (and this is saying something since I absolutely love Queen Sofia.) Hopefully things will get better as the trip progresses.

I agree with you lufer queen sofia is elegant, but I don't like her blue gala dress, to much

Encounter to queen handsome Sofia and elegantisima, as always. It enchants the color to me of its dress, because it favors to him, she has a very delicate aspect, and they favor the clear colors to him. It seems young much more of which it is. I do not like anything the suit of Mº Teresa, too much even decollete a gordita and short woman. In addition the embroidering is very great and the color I do not like. Being much greater, the queen this handsome and much more very many but elegante.no is comparison.:flowers:

Did Prince Guillaume and Princess Sybilla attend the dinner? It would have been a nice gesture, as Sybilla's mother and the King are 1st cousins.

Speech

Speech of His Majesty the King in the Gala Dinner offered by Their Royal Highnesses the Grand Dukes of Luxembourg

Royal Highnesses,

I want to thank to you for the warm welcome that you have wanted to excuse to us and the words full of affection, towards Spain and towards us, that you end of dedicate.

Of this dear Luxembourg the Queen and I keep many indelible memories, like our first Trip of State, in 1980, when we could enjoy the extraordinary hospitality of the Grand Duke Jean and the longed Grand Duchess Josefina-Carlota.

Also we remember with enormous satisfaction Your visit to Spain in the year 2001, the first Trip of State of Your reign.

It was that significant sample of personal affection and of the excellent relations of friendship between our two peoples countries.

A relations, which have their root in a common space, a history and a legacy, and that today receive a new dimension, on having could have united the energies of both States in the frame of the European Union.

The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg has been for the Spaniards a modal and a very valued support in our process of incorporation to the European institutions.

It has turned also into a clear exponent of the best achievements of the process of European construction, to which Your country has known to contribute his exemplary enthusiasm, creative spirit and particular aptitude to stimulate the consensus.

Luxembourg has managed to be a model of well politician and diplomat do in the European area, a relevant associate for Spain, with whom we coincide with many expositions with institutional matter and on political common of the European Union.

An example of our identity of positions and our cooperation, it has been the joint initiative of the Governments of Luxembourg and of Spain in defense of the substance and of the balances that gathers the Constitutional Agreement, and in support of a solution of consensus and of willingness of integration.

With independence of the final solution that could be reached, we must to bet firmly for the continuity and improvement of the European project, which was born of the hand of celebrated political, as Robert Schuman, linked so intimately to this land.

Today, any more that never, we must to affirm that the best future for the Europeans is in an integrated Europe, capable of confronting the challenges which solution has to be necessarily European.

Equally significant it is our narrow collaboration in the construction of Free's Space, Security and Justice, around the nucleus of resolved in Schengen's city more than twenty years ago.

Likewise, we attribute special importance to the social dimension of the Union, without which there would not be complete the Political Europe to which we aspire.

Besides our cooperation as for international safety, in the frame of the Atlantic Alliance, we share a similar valuation on the essential role that the multilateral diplomacy must recover in the current world.

A role that result to be fundamental, as much to confront those threats that have a global character and that, as the terrorism, they concern the daily life of our citizens, as to attack the inexcusable tasks of the struggle against the poverty or the prevention of the climatic change.

Luxembourg and Spain contribute, so , a lot of their better efforts to the system of United Nations.

In this frame, highlight the generous politic from Luxembourg of official help to the development.

The International Cooperation to the Development is also one of the essential dimensions of the foreign politics of Spain. Attending to the spirit of solidarity that encourages the Spanish, we aspire to place for 2008 our Official Help to the Development in 0,5 % of our National Brute Product.

Royal Highness,

In the bilateral plane, it is a motive of particular pride, to remember that so many Spaniards have contributed with their effort and talent to the prosperity of Your country, integrated in the society who generously received them, when they had to leave their country.

Today it makes me happy to prove the important growth that register our economic relations ,as much in industrial matter, as financial or managerial.

Sample of it is the Economic - Financial Seminar, that we will have the satisfaction of being able to inaugurate in the frame of this Visit of State.

Also our interchanges grow in the cultural plane, since it is demonstrated by the extraordinary exhibition organized by the National Museum of History and of Art under the titlel " Pierre-Ernest de Mansfeld, Prince of the Renaissance ", with lendings of the National Patrimony of Spain and of the Prado Museum, which count on our High Patronazgo.

Royal Highness,

This Visit of State offers us the opportunity to sit the bases of a cooperation furthermore, to take advantage of the potential that encloses our understanding, in the bilateral plane and before the global challenges that appear to our societies.

With this spirit, I raise my glass to toast for the personal luck of Your Royal Highnesses, for the happiness and well-being of Luxembourg People and for the narrow friendship that joins Luxembourg and Spain in the bosom of the Grand European family.

Thank you very much.

Source/ CasaReal.
http://www.casareal.es/noticias/news/20070416_palabras_rey_cena_gala_luxemburgo-ides-idweb.html

Last edited:
I honestly don't know what to think about the gala dress worn by MT last night! I did not like it. She has worn much better than this imo. The lime green suit to the SES Global today is much better.

Queen Sofia, Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg, Grande Duchess Maria-Teresa of Luxembourg visit the exhibition of Pierre Ernest de Mansfeld at the National Museum of Art and History to inaugurate during an official visit 17 April 2007 in Luxembourg

Getty

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/73903690.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19318A31BE3974C4F05C4261BB19119F48F
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/73903704.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19318A31BE3974C4F055BB09BC06EC7F5CF
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/73903789.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19318A31BE3974C4F057A299AD2AFEABBC2

Lunch offered by Prime Minister

King Juan Carlos of Spain (R) is flanked by Luxembourg 's Prime Minister Jean-Claude Juncker (C) and Queen Sofia (background) as they arrive at Bourlingster castle during an official visit to Luxembourg, 17 April 2007

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/73903713.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19318A31BE3974C4F05435F2982A1AC369E
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/73903736.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19318A31BE3974C4F05C58B34B2054A7A2C
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/73903749.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19318A31BE3974C4F05DD06C4E0485FFBAC
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/73903761.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19318A31BE3974C4F05EDA073A6787AF4A6

Paty said:
Queen Sofia and King Juan Carlos of Spain arrive at the headquarter of SES Global, at the beginning of the second day of their visit to Betzdorf in Grand Duchy.

Grand Duchess

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2007/07041714.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2007/07041715.jpg

Queen Sofia

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2007/07041704.jpg

Present for Froilan, Juan Valentin...., Leonor??

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2007/07041712.jpg

Gallery

PPE Agency

thanks for all the pictures. Grand duchess looks really elegent today. combination of her suit is lovely, like the skirt style & the jacket. Its always nice to see her & duke henri together. They express there feeling all the time, holding hands etc... this is sure a great visit.

isifa picture gallery from Day 1 & day 2...ENJOY !!

Spanish Royal Visit to SES’ Headquarters and Tour of ASTRA Satellite Ground Control Facilities

BETZDORF, Luxembourg--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SES (Paris:SESG) (LuxX:SESG), the world’s pre-eminent satellite operator with a fleet of 36 spacecraft, was honored today by the visit of His Royal Highness Juan Carlos I and Queen Sofia to the company’s Luxembourg headquarters. read full article & source here

Speech

Speech of His Majesty the King in the luncheon offered by the Government of Luxembourg, Bourglinster Castle.

Mister Prime Minister,

I am very grateful for so nice words and the cordial reception that you has wanted to distribute to us in the singular frame of Bourglinster Castle during our second Visit of State to the Grand Duchy.

I wish to express to you, first of all, my satisfaction for the tuning in between Luxembourg and Spain in the European Union and in the international politics, departing from a common bet for the European integration and from a coincidental commitment with the peace, the freedom, the human rights and the international solidarity.

Likewise, I state, with pleasure, the intensity of the contacts between our societies.

A trend that meets happily fed by the tourism and the increasing cultural interchange.

Spain values and admires the firm European vocation of Luxembourg, which appears between the founding countries of the European Communities and is distinguished by his constant and constructive contribution in the bosom of the Union. For all this, the Grand Duchy has been and is a constant reference to Spain.

Many of your predecessors, Mister Primer Ministry, have left a deep fingerprint in the project of European construction.

You represent one of the most solid paths of contribution to the European reason, specially with his impulse to the Economic and Monetary Union, as well as his support to the social cohesion and in the struggle against the unemployment.

The Governments of our two countries are narrowly associated in their positions concerning the Constitutional Agreement.

I celebrate that in the European forums Luxembourg and Spain support concordant positions.

I think about so current and diverse problems as the climatic change, on the one that reached a historical commitment in the last European Council of Berlin, or in the immigration, which must be an object of attention in the European area, by means of the development of a migratory coherent and solidary politics.

Mister Prime Minister,

Last night I had occasion to indicate that, as allies in the OTAN and associates in the Union, besides members of the OSCE - that this year presides by Spain-, we are joined by the same vision of the requirements of safety and of cooperation, both in Europe and in the rest world. All this, in an international environment marked by so complex phenomena, as the blight of the terrorism or the regional conflicts.

Luxembourg and Spain bet also for the reinforcement of the United Nations and of the International Law.

We are sure that, only from the conciliation and the understanding, we will be in conditions to confront successfully the international achievement of the peace and the safety, the promotion of the democracy, the struggle against the poverty and the inequality.

Mister Prime Minister,

Our economic and commercial relations are enormously fluid and in constant growth, although the commercial scale Hispanic - Luxembourg presents a certain deficit for Spain that would be desirable to balance.

I hope that in the Economic and Financial Seminar in the Chamber of Trade of Luxembourg, which tomorrow we inaugurate with companies of our two countries, could explore and open new routes to press hard our economic bows.

I am sure, in sum, of which the intense contacts foreseen in the frame of this Visit of State, will allow to expand the wealth of relations and the mutual understanding that they join Luxembourg and Spain.

Thank to you again for the amiability of this luncheon, I want to raise my glass to toast to the Government of the Grand Duchy and to the deep and intense friendship between our two States.

Thank you very much.

Source/Casareal

Last edited:
fanletizia said:
17-04-2007 Concert 2nd day of the statevisit of King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia to Grand duke Henri and Grande Duchess Maria Teresa.
The royals attended the concert in the Philharmonie

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2007/07041773.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2007/07041777.jpg

Both ladides look beautiful ! I mist say, much better than yesterday. Is queen sofia's dress new?Ive not seen it on her before, its a valentino couture (past collection) gown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom