State Visit from Romania to Luxembourg: June 6-7, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some articles about Romania-Luxembourg relations:

Luxemburger Wort - Klaus Johannis zu Gast in Luxemburg

RTL.lu - Lëtzebuerg - Rumänesche President a seng Fra op Visite zu Lëtzebuerg

• Luxembourg supported Romania's EU membership
  • GD Henri and GD Maria Teresa traveled to Romania for a state visit in 2004.
  • In 2007, the Romanian city of Sibiu and Luxembourg were the "Greater Region European Capital of Culture".
  • Current Romanian President Klaus Johannis was the mayor of Sibiu from 2000 to 2014.
  • In 2009, "Klaus Johannis, then mayor of Sibiu, awarded by the former Minister of Culture Octavie Modert for the successful cooperation in the joint direction of the European Capital of Culture."
  • "From an economic perspective, Romania is, after a slump due to the global financial and economic crisis, since 2011 again on the way up. 2015 has grown by 3.7 per cent gross domestic product. 2016 is expected to rise by 4.1 percent. The unemployment rate currently stands at 6.4 percent."

Last edited:
Thats a pity! I wonder what the reason is for her not to attend.

What a shame that Grand Duchess Maria Teresa was unable to attend,hope HRH is ok!

Where's the Grand Duchess Maria Teresa

She's not there due to family reasons (the suggestion is ill health for one of her family). MT seems to be very good at attending State events usually so I guess it must be important.

Before the Funerals of Queen Fabiola , I went in front of the Cathedral to have a look on the royal Seats !!! I noticed same seats for everybody and an armchair with a cushion. I thought it was for the old Grand Duke Jean , but no it was for Grand Duchess MT.

So She must have back problems and certainly knees problems.

Before the Funerals of Queen Fabiola , I went in front of the Cathedral to have a look on the royal Seats !!! I noticed same seats for everybody and an armchair with a cushion. I thought it was for the old Grand Duke Jean , but no it was for Grand Duchess MT.

So She must have back problems and certainly knees problems.

Interesting. Well, GD Maria Teresa did have knee surgery in 2014 and still needed to sit down during the receiving line for a garden party in 2015.

Is Grand Duke Henri wearing his Order Collar ?

Yes, collar from the Order of the Star of Romania.

https://luxgov.s3.amazonaws.com/pro...fac36214a6b5d56ce530ee0ea2a43be10a12f0323.jpg

Back
Top Bottom