State Visit from Finland to Luxembourg: November 24-26, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucien

Majesty
City
Amsterdam
Country
Netherlands
:luxstandard:
President Tanja Halonen of Finland will pay a State Visit to Luxembourg from november 24th till november 26th.

I'm curious to see if Princess Alexandra will participate. And maybe Tessy. :D

Josette

I'm curious to see if Princess Alexandra will participate. And maybe Tessy. :D

Josette

It seems like it has been a very long time since we have seen Tessy de Nassau participating in any events. It would be nice to see her again.

I know that Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria-Theresa will be there I wonder what other members of the ducal family will attend this state visit? I can't wait to see photos of this coming event in November.

I wouldn't expect to see either Tessy nor Alexandra wearing the Nassau jewels. Alexandra in unmarried (and still quite young), and Tessy is treated as morganatic (there was not even a tiara at the wedding). Nonetheless, I think it would be nice to see them participate, and even without antique jewellery they would look wonderful.

Yes, but both Tessy and Alexandra wore tiara's on National day this year that the Grand Duchess has worn herself so there might be a chance of more jewels.

The Grand Duchess looks very pretty in these pictures. She is such a classy lady

Also with longer hair, Maria Teresa looks very pretty.

Also with longer hair, Maria Teresa looks very pretty.

I like the longer hair - the color is pretty blah.
MT needs to give the longer hair some style - it just hangs very limply around her face - her hair needs some volume and waves.

Also, if MT had switched her colors in her outfit - if she had worn a pink top under a black jacket, the whole effect would have been much more flattering figure-wise.

I must say MT looks refreshing in the gala dinner gown. It kind of looked like she had dyed her hair brown.

From earlier in the day, MT dyed her hair dark brown! It makes the tiara (turquoise jewels?) stand out even more.

The President of Finland seems to get along with many royals, she's always invited to a lot of their major events.

It could be that she was dying it BEFORE and this is her natural hair color? ;)

Pictures from the Gala that was this evening
PPE Agency

(c) PPE/Nieboer/pool

I'M LOVING THE GRAND DUCHESS' TIARA!

I do like the parure,on her daughter Alexandra that is,not on Maria-Teresa,it is too "small" for her.She looks like a matrone on a night out.
Talk about hair?No comment,awfull.This whole outfit & jewellery isn't becoming her at all.

What I do like is the brooch,something in that order is more befitting with a Lady the size of Catherine the Great,allthough much nicer,sweeter,a person.

Last edited:
I do like the parure - on her daughter Alexandra that is - not on Maria-Teresa. It is too "small" for her. She looks like a matrone on a night out. Talk about hair? No comment; awful. This whole outfit & jewellery isn't becoming her at all.

I agree with everything you have said. Her hair looks terrible (dirty?) and the tiara is not the right size for her. I worry about Maria Teresa when I see her like this.

:huh:
I have no idea what the previous members are talking about in regards to MT's look.

She looks fabulous! Her hair is dark, shiny and she looks younger to me than she did with blonde hair. I'm glad she made the change and hope she keeps it that way, after all Luxembourg happily welcomed a beautiful brunette when Henri married her.
You go MT!
:clap:

I do like the parure,on her daughter Alexandra that is,not on Maria-Teresa,it is too "small" for her.She looks like a matrone on a night out.
Talk about hair?No comment,awfull.This whole outfit & jewellery isn't becoming her at all.

What I do like is the brooch,something in that order is more befitting with a Lady the size of Catherine the Great,allthough much nicer,sweeter,a person.

I totally agree. MT has so much at her disposal she could look much better. The hair is mousy and drabby the tiara makes her face look even more round. She is no longer 22. An updo and one of the other beautiful pieces of jewelry would make her look more royal. She also needs to lose some weight again. However her smile is as bright as it has always been.

Does anyone know if the parure was a previous gift from Finland? Was it designed by a Finnish designer? This would help to explain why she wore this parure when it is so unflattering (i.e. the tiara).

Last edited:
MT looks awful in the gala photos. The turquoise tiara is lovely but needs an updo to help frame it - it cannot be plopped onto such a flat hair-do.
MT does not look healthy - her face looks puffy, very oily - her complexion has really gone downhill. A diet would help immensely.
What a difference from earlier in the day when she looked much better.

Thank you, everyone for the photos of the State Visit from Finland to Luxembourg. :flowers:

MT looks different in the gala photos. Her hair colour changed. I like her tiara and the jewels but It would be nice to see her hair up.:) It actually made her young.;)

MT looks awful in the gala photos. The turquoise tiara is lovely but needs an updo to help frame it - it cannot be plopped onto such a flat hair-do.
MT does not look healthy - her face looks puffy, very oily - her complexion has really gone downhill. A diet would help immensely.
What a difference from earlier in the day when she looked much better.
Yes, I do agree with you on the complexion, hairdo and weight issue, although the latter is such a sensitive issue for most women:ohmy:. I have a feeling that hormomnal changes are the cause of both the complexion, puffiness and weight gain, a shame the GDuchess was such a beautiful woman in her youth and does have the means at her disposal...

Wow, now I am just somewhat speechless, after having seen such a large number of films, Jewelleries, Historical informations .... all this is, nevertheless, rather new to me. Thank you.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom