Stamps, Postcards and Currency of the Grand Ducal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jalmey

Aristocracy
http://www.luxcentral.com/stamps/LuxStamps...s1960-1962.html

Stamps
Charlotte.tiara.jpg

(There are no stamps for Grand Duke Jean though...)

Postcards and Stamps of the Grand Ducal Family

I wanted to make a thread so that we may post postcards of the Grand Ducal Family members. Including the Grand Dukes sisters and brother.

Please post all that you may find....

I am posting (right now) so that I have found on Ebay while looking for some to purchase.

Have fun!

--

Former Grand Duke Jean I and Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte (born Princess of Belgium).

Grand Duke Jean I as a child with his younger/older sisters.

Grand Duchess Charlotte

Grand Duke Jean and Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte as hereditary Grand Dukes.

Hereditary Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg with child - Possibly Grand Duke Henri or Princess Margaritha or Marie-Astrid?

Grand Duke Jean as a child at the fair in Luxembourg City

Attachments

• 4c_1.jpg
    4c_1.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 523
  • b9031.jpg
    b9031.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 512
  • d3078.jpg
    d3078.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 529
  • c4428.jpg
    c4428.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 433
  • c6753.jpg
    c6753.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 403
  • c3933.jpg
    c3933.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 468
Last edited by a moderator:
HM Queen Juliana of the Netherlands visits Luxembourg!

another

another

Prince Charles of Luxembourg

Dont remember who this precious baby is:

Attachments

• b8110.jpg
    b8110.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 420
  • 1f_1.jpg
    1f_1.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 606
  • a4_1.jpg
    a4_1.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 595
  • c1583.jpg
    c1583.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 441
  • ce_1.jpg
    ce_1.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 592
Thought that I would quickly throw these in, although not postcards, they are postage :) . Grand Duchess Charlotte.

I have some of Grand Duke Henri and Maria-Teresa at the celebration of their wedding on leaflets (stamps) and also some with the three Princes (Guillaume - Felix-Louis), I just don't know how to scan them right now, my scanner is messed up!

Attachments

• w6845.jpg
    w6845.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 566
Thanks for posting these wonderful pics ! They sure brought back some memories. I had a big scrapbook about the family in the eighties but my mom somehow misplaced them..:(

The child with Jean is definitely Princess Marie-Astrid! She was an adorable toddler.
In one of my books I have one pic of the birth of Prince Louis. I'll post it later on in the evening..

Do you have any pics of Alexandra when she was born? I have enver seen any pics of her when she was a baby.

Beate,

I am glad to see that ALMAB and myself arn't the only ones on the same page when it comes to the Luxembourg Royals. I would love to see the pic you have of Louis birth. I have yet to see any postcards/pics of Alexandra and Sebastian's birth. I do remember Corbis having some of Prince Sebastian.... I will post them in another thread.

Thank You again,

Chanel

I am looking forward to more pics and I will scan the pic very soon..:)

Yes, I always liked the Luxembourg family!

Here we go!! Hope this works..

I also have two nice pics from a book called L'Annee Princiere of Marie-Astrid being pregnant with Imre and then holding the newborn baby. SInce this forum is so huge I am not sure whether or not it has been posted yet..

Attachments

• louis.jpg
    louis.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 593
Hey people i live in Australia which has really no interest in Royal families despite the fact it is part of the British Commonwealth and i was just curious about these post cards...do the Royal families send it out to their people as gifts??? and do they often appear in your news and magazines??? Living in Australia i am deprived of many experinces...hahahaha....but i get to experience many others that compensate ^^

Last edited:
hillary_nugent said:
Hey people i live in Australia which has really interest in Royal family despite the fact it is part of the British Commonwealth and i was just curious about these post cards...do the Royal families send it out to their people as gifts??? and do they often appear in your news and magazines??? Living in Australia i am deprived of many experinces...hahahaha....but i get to experience many others that compensate ^^
A big interest in the Lux Royal Family in Austrailia huh? How cool! I am sure that there is more of an interest in the Danish Royal Family now that Mary Donaldson is not CP Mary of Denmark.... I am not sure how they are distributed. I wish I knew myself! Sweden is big on the postcard thing too!

chanel said:
A big interest in the Lux Royal Family in Austrailia huh? How cool! I am sure that there is more of an interest in the Danish Royal Family now that Mary Donaldson is not CP Mary of Denmark.... I am not sure how they are distributed. I wish I knew myself! Sweden is big on the postcard thing too!
Wait, why do Australians care about Luxembourg?

hillary_nugent said:
Hey people i live in Australia which has really interest in Royal family despite the fact it is part of the British Commonwealth and i was just curious about these post cards...do the Royal families send it out to their people as gifts??? and do they often appear in your news and magazines??? Living in Australia i am deprived of many experinces...hahahaha....but i get to experience many others that compensate ^^
lol i'm quoting myself..rather sad indeed but i forgot to ass a word before 'interest' that word being 'NO' hahahahaha so what i meant was that there is no interest in royal families in Australia...not as big as there is in Europe and stuff...so yeah...sorry about the mistake hahaha

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Wait, why do Australians care about Luxembourg?
hahahaha...that Australians would only be me...hahaha i think the Princes and the Princess are absolutely gorgeous ^___^

and what about you? what;s your interest with them? ^__^

Stamps with Princess Marie Astrid

There are a few stamps of Princess Marie Astrid (who was born the 17th February 1954 at Betzdorf Castle)

1.and 2. 1955
3. 1960 (above!)
4. portrait of the Royal children in 1967 (above!)
5. 1974

Attachments

• s34121.jpg
    s34121.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 1,408
  • s34122.jpg
    s34122.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 1,401
  • stamps1960.jpg
    stamps1960.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,374
  • Royal.Children1967.jpg
    Royal.Children1967.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 458
  • stamps1974.jpg
    stamps1974.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 1,437
Last edited:
This thread is about the postcards of the Grand Ducal Family. Please stay on topic.

Anyway, back to postcards... I really love old photos of royalty, especially from the less well-known families that one doesn't often get to see. There should be a thread in the forums exclusively for old pics.

Luxembourg's Euro coins with the strike of Grand Duke Henri

There are 8 euro coins denominated in 2 and 1 euros, then 50, 20, 10, 5, 2 and 1 cents. Every euro coin carries a common European face. On the obverse, each Member State l decorate the coins with their own motifs. No matter which motif is on the coins they can be used anywhere inside the 12 Member States. For example, a French citizen is able to buy a hot dog in Berlin using a euro coin carrying the imprint of the King of Spain. The common European face of the coins represents a map of the European Union against a background of transverse lines to which are attached the stars of the European flag. The 1, 2, and 5 cent coins put emphasis on Europe's place in the world while the 10, 20, and 50 present the Union as a gathering of nations. The 1 and 2 euro coins depict Europe without frontiers. Final designs were agreed at the European Council meeting in Amsterdam in June 1997.

1.and 2. front site
3. back site

And here is a link to all the Euro coins of the twelve countries which has introduced the common currency on 1st January 2002: http://www.giervalk.bravepages.com/Euro/euro.html

Attachments

• Euro coins 1.jpg
    Euro coins 1.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,645
  • 2002EuroSet.gif
    2002EuroSet.gif
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,187
  • euro-1.jpg
    euro-1.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 430
drimal said:
Luxembourg's Euro coins with the strike of Grand Duke Henri
My friend kindly sent me some Euro coins and they were really cool to see. Most of them are Belgian :) with King Albert II on the back, but there's a 5 cent coin from Luxembourg. They're very different to the coins we have in Australia. Drimal, I am adding a new picture to your previous collection.

The design of a new 2 euro coin shows the portraits of Luxembourg's Grand Duke Henri and Belgian King Albert II
The design of a new 2 euro coin, provided by the Belgian mint in Brussels, December 22, 2004, shows the portraits of Luxembourg's Grand Duke Henri (L) and Belgian King Albert II (R).

Attachments

• Albert and Henri.jpg
    Albert and Henri.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 221
Here is Luxembourg's money with Grand-Duke Jean on it.

Attachments

• CTK-KS8341.jpg
    CTK-KS8341.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 321
i have to agree, looks more like henri.

"On the occasion of the 40th wedding anniversary of the Grand-Duke and the Grand-Duchess, POST Luxembourg produced and issued a special stamp "40 years of marriage of the Grand-Ducal Couple".

"This Thursday, 11 March the Managing Director of POST Luxembourg, Claude Strasser and Emile Espen, Head of the POST Philately Department, were received in audience by the Grand Duke and the Grand Duchess to give them a souvenir frame of the stamp."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom