Spanish Introductory Visit to Luxembourg: November 11, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Diplomatic Information Office has issued the following statement:

Their Majesties will make ​​an official trip to Luxembourg next November 11, accompanied by Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, José Manuel García-Margallo.

At the Grand Ducal Palace of Luxembourg, King Felipe and Queen Letizia will meet Their Royal Highnesses Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg.

The King and Queen also will have several meetings in Luxembourg with the president of the Chamber of Deputies, Mars Di Bartolomeo, Prime Minister, Xavier Bettel and Minister for Foreign Affairs, Jean Asselborn.

Viaje de SS.MM. los Reyes a Luxemburgo

So its an official visit and not an introductory visit since they got invited, same for Belgium?

In Luxembourg 11th is not a holiday in Belgium well therefore they are coming in Belgium the day after the 12th.
Will They return to Spain and back to Belgium the day after ?

In Luxembourg 11th is not a holiday in Belgium well therefore they are coming in Belgium the day after the 12th.
Will They return to Spain and back to Belgium the day after ?

According to the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, activities in Belgium will be the 12th in the morning and will conclude with the lunch. So surely they will sleep in one of the two countries.

Looks like a cold wet November morning in Luxembourg!

Where is Stephanie? I wonder why she has not been doing much so far...

I know it´s one of the favourite sports of many royal watchers to comment extensively about royal ladies clothes, but the men often get away with every fashion disaster. This time the hereditary GD sported, imo, an awful suit, proper for every granddad to wear, but not a young man in his early 30s...!
Spanish King and Queen visit Luxembourg - Monarchy Press Europe

http://blobsvc.wort.lu/picture/b401...rtv3/c8504b957c0f99fe8d8ba450ebfb3326114cdec7

Please, Guillaume, take some advice from CP Frederik of Denmark, the CP of Greece or Carl Philip of Sweden and abandon these kinf of fashion-monsters!

The Queen looked like a dream, though!

Last edited:
I know it´s one of the favourite sports of many royal watchers to comment extensively about royal ladies clothes, but the men often get away with every fashion disaster. This time the hereditary GD sported, imo, an awful suit, proper for every granddad to wear, but not a young man in his early 30s...!

http://blobsvc.wort.lu/picture/b401...rtv3/c8504b957c0f99fe8d8ba450ebfb3326114cdec7

Please, Guillaume, take some advice from CP Frederik of Denmark, the CP of Greece or Carl Philip of Sweden and abandon these kinf of fashion-monsters!

I agree. :flowers:

Also, I think Stephanie should have been at the airport.

I think Guillaume looked just fine. He is probably not the flashiest prince of his generation of young Royals but he is definitely among the most accomplished and professional. I noticed he was chatting easily with Queen Letizia in her native Spanish, in which he is fluent.

For all their youthful flair, I don't think that's something Fred of Denmark could pull off and I know for a fact Carl-Philip can't speak Spanish either.

Luxembougers should be very, very proud of their Hereditary Grand Duke, imo.

Last edited:
I thought the Hereditary Grand Duke's suit was as well cut as a sack of Spanners.. The contrast with the King of Spain's well cut, and fitted suit was marked..

Both their wives looked great, Queen Letitzia in particular !

Last edited:
Wow, that was quick..they literally just dropped in for lunch!:p

But it seemed to be a warm, relaxed successful visit between the Spanish and Lux Royals.;)

I'm curious as to what happens in these visits. Can anyone clarify? Do they just really go and introduce themselves as the new king & queen of Spain and that's it? It's not like a state visit?

How odd is that, Gui coming to the airport on his own. Where was Stephanie??

Back
Top Bottom