Prince Jean and Family, News and Events Part 1: June 2003 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Curiosity: Kathryn has among her FB friends Constantin's cousin, Charlotte de Nassau (Princess Charlotte of Luxembourg) & Victoria Ortiz Martinez-Sagrera, Prince Joachim of Belgium's girlfriend.

Could it be that the Charlotte de Nassau is one of the Princess Charlottes of Nassau, who are respectively 18 and 23 years old? Ms. Mechie appears closer in age to them than to 50-year-old Princess Charlotte of Luxembourg.

I mean a daughter of Prince Gullaume & Princess Sibylla.

Princess Marie-Gabrielle gave birth to baby boy on June 5th
Source: Luxarazzi

And his name is Zeno.

What a great joy to Prince Jean and Ms Helene Vestur: two first grandchildren in one year!

Congrats to parents, grandparents and great-grandparents!

Grand Duke Jean in the middle, so proud!
I recognize also Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa holding Prince Liam, the little girl on her left is probably Princess Amalia.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Prince Jean's first wife Hélène Vestur is welcome on the family. She was curiously at the Laeken Church. Prince Jean's second wife Diane de Guerre stayed home.
Glad to see the old Grand Dukr Jean.

Prince Jean's first wife Hélène Vestur is welcome on the family. She was curiously at the Laeken Church. Prince Jean's second wife Diane de Guerre stayed home.
Glad to see the old Grand Dukr Jean.

The exclusion of Diane is very clear. She is not at all welcome at any family occasions that involve Helene Vestur. It seems rather harsh but apparently Jean decides not to stand up for his wife or figured that if he did he wouldn't be welcome either, so he decides that he is not willing yo make that sacrifice.

Other absentees include Marie-Gabrielle's brothers Constantin (who had a baby in April by his girlfriend) and Wenceslas.

I am not surprised that Diane didn't attend the mass at Laeken. She knew king Bauduoin personally, Diane didn't and Jean didn't attend either.

Last edited:
It was Helene's grandson to receive the Holy Sacrament, so she had every right to be there.

Johannes Wilms, Princes Constantin and Wenzeslaus were not present?
Will we see the christening of Prince Constantin's son?

Last edited:
Thank you for the photos, eya! Little Zeno is a beautiful baby and his christening seemed like a nice, small family christening. Zeno is quite an unusual name, I wonder if there's a story behind it or if they chose it just because they liked it.

Reactions: eya
It was Helene's grandson to receive the Holy Sacrament, so she had every right to be there.

Johannes Wilms, Princes Constantin and Wenzeslaus were not present?
Will we see the christening of Prince Constantin's son?
Of course nobody would object to Helene Vestur attending her grandson's christening. This however should not necessarily mean that his grandfather's wife is excluded from this joyful happening.

It could of course also be Marie-Gabrielle who cannot stand Diane (she was also missing on the summer holiday picture).

Last edited:
Thank you for the photos, eya! Little Zeno is a beautiful baby and his christening seemed like a nice, small family christening. Zeno is quite an unusual name, I wonder if there's a story behind it or if they chose it just because they liked it.

Zeno is a name often used in the Goess Family from which Antonius mother comes. The son of Duchess Fleur of Württemberg and her husband Count Moritz of Goess was also christened Zeno.

Diane was not on the 4 generation Pïcture this Summer. I think the Grand Dukes can t' stand her too.

Diane was not on the 4 generation Pïcture this Summer. I think the Grand Dukes can t' stand her too.

Yes, that was indeed the picture I was talking about. Although a true 4 generation picture would just include the direct line imo.

However, she does attend various family events that are also attended by the grand ducal couple. She is only completely excluded when it's about Jean's family from his first marriage. Nonetheless, I don't think she is really accepted by the grand duke (unless his refusal to grant her a princess title stems from his believe that their marriage isn't real because they didn't marry in the church - which they most likely cannot unless Jean and Helene's marriage is annulled).

Zeno is a name often used in the Goess Family from which Antonius mother comes. The son of Duchess Fleur of Württemberg and her husband Count Moritz of Goess was also christened Zeno.

Thank you Stefan. I didn't realise Zeno was a family name - it's pretty cool!

Prince Jean's youngest son, Prince Carl-Johann of Nassau was accompanied during his grandpa's funeral by a girl named Ivana Jamin.
If she supported him during this sad moment we may conclude that she is his girlfriend and that this relationship is serious.

Last edited:
Prince Jean's youngest son, Prince Carl-Johann of Nassau was accompanied during his grandpa's funeral by a girl named Ivana Jamin.
If she supported him during this sad moment we may conclude that she is his girlfriend and that this relationship is serious.

Also partners of one or both of his brothers and of Princesses Annunziata and Asatrid of Liechtenstein attended. But they entered separat and not together with their partners. Not even Prince of Bourbon-Parma who is the finacée of Archduchess Gabriella came together with her.

Also partners of one or both of his brothers and of Princesses Annunziata and Asatrid of Liechtenstein attended. But they entered separat and not together with their partners. Not even Prince of Bourbon-Parma who is the finacée of Archduchess Gabriella came together with her.
If memory serves me right they were mentioned in the guestlist published by the Cour Grand Ducale so their relationships are indeed seen as official

If memory serves me right they were mentioned in the guestlist published by the Cour Grand Ducale so their relationships are indeed seen as official

Yes they are the offical guestlist. But what i found a bit strange that Henri did not accompany Gabriella as they are offically engaged unlike the other couples.

Partners (still not spouses) who were mentioned on the guestlist:
Prince Henri of Bourbon-Parma (fiance of Archduchess Gabriella of Austria and father of her daughter)
Kathryn Mechie (girlfrienf of Prince Constantin of Nassau and mother of his son)
Ivana Jamin (girlfriend of Prince Carl-Johann of Nassau)
Rafe Worthington (boyfriend of Princess Marie-Astrid of Liechtenstein)

Newly divorced Prince Louis was of course only with his sons but his former wife was present at the funeral, she entered separately.

Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume, Prince Felix of Luxemburg, Archduchess Marie-Christine, Archdukes Imre & Christoph of Austria as well as Princess Marie-Gabrielle of Nassau came of course with their spouses.

Archduke Alexander of Austria, Princess Alexandra & Prince Sebastien of Luxemburg, Prince Wenceslaus of Nassau, Princess Maria-Annunziata & Prince Josef-Emmanuel of Liechtenstein, as well as all Prince Guillaume's children were listed as singles:

Royal Musings: The Guest List for the funeral of Grand Duke Jean

It is interesting to note that Hélène Vestur is listed on the gue4stlist but not Tessy Anthony-de Nassau. Hélène also arrived in Busses with the other guests which was not the case for Tessy.
Difference, I guess, is that Helene Vestur was an official guest while Tessy and her dad (I think) sat with the members of the public who was admitted into the church.
Since Tessy and Louis are said to have an excellent relationship with each other one could speculate that a certain someone is still "upset" with Tessy.

And rightly so.

Mrs Hélène Vestur is Conseiller d' Etat in France , a very high official Position !
She will never use twitter or instagram , She is still invited to all the Royal Events in Luxembourg.

Did anyone see where with the public Tessy was sitting?

Hélène Vestur was sitting with Ivana Jamin and Kathryn Mechie behind the family (10. Row?). I think Henri Bourbon Parme was sitting the row behind with the partners of Astrid and Anunciata Liechtenstein.

Back
Top Bottom