The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-14-2005, 06:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by drimal
On 27th November 2004 Jean became Prince of Nassau!:)
Here is the official Grand Ducal decree.
Thanks for this drimal. If I can paraphrase the good bits...

The spouse of HRH the Prince Robert, neé Julie Ongaro is authorised to bear the title of Royal Highness, Princess of Nassau.

The descendants issuing from this union [Prince Robert & Princess Julie] and the descendants issuing from the union of HRH the Prince Jean with Madame Hélène Vestur are qualified in the same manner.

Thus the 3 children of Robert and Julie (Charlotte, Alexander & Frederik) are Princes/Princess of Nassau, Royal Highness, as are the 4 children of Prince Jean (Marie-Gabrielle, Constantin, Wenceslas & Carl Johan).

Old 12-14-2005, 01:25 PM
Royal Highness

Marie Gabrielle is born september 8th 1986, and not december.

Old 12-14-2005, 08:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by drimal

Why did he renounced his rights in 1986? Are the rumours of the dispute true?

He was going to have a child out of wedlock (a big no-no back then.) I have heard he has gotten a divorce, but it isn't certain.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:28 PM
Gentry

I was wondering if there's a pic of Jean and his family at the GD couple's 25th anniversary, I've seen pics of Princesses Marie-Astrid and Margaretha's families, but not any of Jean's.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:30 PM
Courtier

Okay, Prince Jean has never stopped being Prince Jean of Luxembourg, Prince of Nassau. He is not formally titled Prince Jean of Nassau. His children are now "of Nassau" but he still uses "of Luxembourg". If you're looking for info on him as Jean of Nassau, that would explain why you're not finding any. There's a little bit of info on him at Luxembourg websites, and a few years ago there was a quote from him at Frommers travel website in the Luxembourg article, but I don't know if that's still there.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Have Jean and Helene formally divorced yet?
Old 07-10-2007, 05:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Have Jean and Helene formally divorced yet?
Yes. They formally divorced on 13th december 2004.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Thanks Danielle, this is actually the first time I heard about that, I thought the Luxembourg court always denied it thus far.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:26 AM
Courtier

Hello
I have never seen the pictures of the children of Prince Jean. Where can i find them?.
Thanks
Old 06-20-2008, 08:54 AM
Nobility

there are pictures in the funeral thread for josephine-charlotte of jean's kids
Old 10-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by suturegeisha View Post
Thanks for the great reply, Warren.

Article 4: [note- this one is confusing] In case of judicial separation, divorce, or remarriage after death of the spouse, the titles conferred to the Princes of our House by vitue of this decree lose full right.
-I believe that this means that if a Prince of Luxembourg who married without the consent of the Grand Duke and lost his title will regain it in the event of a separation, divorce, or the death of his spouse. I could very well be wrong though.
I believe this means that if the royal couple divorce, or the spouse who was born royal dies and the surviving spouse who WASN'T born royal remarries for whatever reason, the spouse who wasn't royal before they married loses whatever title they gained through the marriage. ( I know I said that badly but hopefully it makes sense.)
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 03-21-2009, 08:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

I am happy he is again HRH , I think it is due to his brother Henri when I became
Grand Duke .
Now TRHH Jean and Diane of Luxembourg or of Nassau ??.
The children he got from his first wife Hélène Vestur are also RHH and Counts of Nassau. I think the late Grand Duchess did not appreciate that he got a girl before his wedding. I don't remember if she was there for the wedding that did not take place in Luxembourg. Do the forum have pictures of the wedding ??
Have they the same statute as Louis, Tessy and their children ??
Thanks for answer
Old 03-21-2009, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
I am happy he is again HRH , I think it is due to his brother Henri when I became
Grand Duke .
Now TRHH Jean and Diane of Luxembourg or of Nassau ??.
The children he got from his first wife Hélène Vestur are also RHH and Counts of Nassau. I think the late Grand Duchess did not appreciate that he got a girl before his wedding. I don't remember if she was there for the wedding that did not take place in Luxembourg. Do the forum have pictures of the wedding ??
Have they the same statute as Louis, Tessy and their children ??
Thanks for answer
He was always HRH and Princ of Luxembourg like his Cousin Riobert and his nephew Louis. Only hiw wife was not HRH and pricness of Luxembourg.
The chidlren of Robert and Jeand and the wife of Robert was granted the Title Prince/Princess of Nassau with the style HRH in 2004. Only not to Hélène as she and Jean are divorced.
No both Grand Duke Jean and Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte didn't atend the Wedding of Jean and Hélène. There where also rumours that Jean was close to an engagement to a royal/noble Princess/Countess bbefore he meet Héléne.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 03-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
Jean and Helène were married in a lavish religious ceremony in Versailles in 1987 IIRC. I remember his late mother looking sturdy almost all the time,another girl had just pinched one of "her" boys.That was how she felt,with each of her sons/ weddings...
Jean's parents did not attend Jean and Helene's wedding.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
Jean's parents did not attend Jean and Helene's wedding.
See!It must have been Guillaume's.I recall a sturdy mommy.

No,Diane was not married before as far as I know.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I believe Jean & Helene had their first child (a son 2) years before they were married and the GD was extremely unhappy about it. P Jean had to denounce his rights to the throne to go ahead with the wedding to Helene. They went on to have more children and from all official pictures for all ceremonies in the G Duchy, Helene was never present.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:07 PM
Courtier

I do know that Guillaume and Sybilla were married at Versailles- I didn't realize that Jean
and Helene were married at Versailles also - are there any photos of that marriage?
Old 03-21-2009, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
I believe Jean & Helene had their first child (a son 2) years before they were married and the GD was extremely unhappy about it. P Jean had to denounce his rights to the throne to go ahead with the wedding to Helene. They went on to have more children and from all official pictures for all ceremonies in the G Duchy, Helene was never present.
Thjeir daughter marie GAbrielle was born on 08.09.1986 and short later on 26.09.1986 Prince jean rennounced his succession rights. Jean and Hélène married on 25.05.1987. This became only known a few years later and from the earls 90's Hélène was present at Family occasions in Luxemburg.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 03-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

The late Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte was and looked very happy at the wedding of Guillaume with Sybilla. They were no mother in law problems with Sybilla and her family. When Guillaume had his terrible car crash just at the moment of the abdication all the festivities were postponend. They are wonderfull pictures of the young Prince Jean of Luxembourg taken just before the Grand Duchess illness.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:07 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

All posts relating to Prince Jean's recent nuptials have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...9-a-20673.html thread in the Royal Weddings sub-forum.

Please continue the wedding discussion there.