Prince Jean and Family, News and Events Part 1: June 2003 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was wondering if there's a pic of Jean and his family at the GD couple's 25th anniversary, I've seen pics of Princesses Marie-Astrid and Margaretha's families, but not any of Jean's.

Okay, Prince Jean has never stopped being Prince Jean of Luxembourg, Prince of Nassau. He is not formally titled Prince Jean of Nassau. His children are now "of Nassau" but he still uses "of Luxembourg". If you're looking for info on him as Jean of Nassau, that would explain why you're not finding any. There's a little bit of info on him at Luxembourg websites, and a few years ago there was a quote from him at Frommers travel website in the Luxembourg article, but I don't know if that's still there.

Have Jean and Helene formally divorced yet?

Thanks Danielle, this is actually the first time I heard about that, I thought the Luxembourg court always denied it thus far.

Hello
I have never seen the pictures of the children of Prince Jean. Where can i find them?.
Thanks

there are pictures in the funeral thread for josephine-charlotte of jean's kids

Thanks for the great reply, Warren.

Article 4: [note- this one is confusing] In case of judicial separation, divorce, or remarriage after death of the spouse, the titles conferred to the Princes of our House by vitue of this decree lose full right.
-I believe that this means that if a Prince of Luxembourg who married without the consent of the Grand Duke and lost his title will regain it in the event of a separation, divorce, or the death of his spouse. I could very well be wrong though.

I believe this means that if the royal couple divorce, or the spouse who was born royal dies and the surviving spouse who WASN'T born royal remarries for whatever reason, the spouse who wasn't royal before they married loses whatever title they gained through the marriage. ( I know I said that badly but hopefully it makes sense.)

I am happy he is again HRH , I think it is due to his brother Henri when I became
Grand Duke .
Now TRHH Jean and Diane of Luxembourg or of Nassau ??.
The children he got from his first wife Hélène Vestur are also RHH and Counts of Nassau. I think the late Grand Duchess did not appreciate that he got a girl before his wedding. I don't remember if she was there for the wedding that did not take place in Luxembourg. Do the forum have pictures of the wedding ??
Have they the same statute as Louis, Tessy and their children ??
Thanks for answer

I am happy he is again HRH , I think it is due to his brother Henri when I became
Grand Duke .
Now TRHH Jean and Diane of Luxembourg or of Nassau ??.
The children he got from his first wife Hélène Vestur are also RHH and Counts of Nassau. I think the late Grand Duchess did not appreciate that he got a girl before his wedding. I don't remember if she was there for the wedding that did not take place in Luxembourg. Do the forum have pictures of the wedding ??
Have they the same statute as Louis, Tessy and their children ??
Thanks for answer

He was always HRH and Princ of Luxembourg like his Cousin Riobert and his nephew Louis. Only hiw wife was not HRH and pricness of Luxembourg.
The chidlren of Robert and Jeand and the wife of Robert was granted the Title Prince/Princess of Nassau with the style HRH in 2004. Only not to Hélène as she and Jean are divorced.
No both Grand Duke Jean and Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte didn't atend the Wedding of Jean and Hélène. There where also rumours that Jean was close to an engagement to a royal/noble Princess/Countess bbefore he meet Héléne.

Last edited:
Jean and Helène were married in a lavish religious ceremony in Versailles in 1987 IIRC. I remember his late mother looking sturdy almost all the time,another girl had just pinched one of "her" boys.That was how she felt,with each of her sons/ weddings...
:rolleyes:

Jean's parents did not attend Jean and Helene's wedding.

Jean's parents did not attend Jean and Helene's wedding.

See!It must have been Guillaume's.I recall a sturdy mommy.:rolleyes:

No,Diane was not married before as far as I know.

Last edited:
I believe Jean & Helene had their first child (a son 2) years before they were married and the GD was extremely unhappy about it. P Jean had to denounce his rights to the throne to go ahead with the wedding to Helene. They went on to have more children and from all official pictures for all ceremonies in the G Duchy, Helene was never present.

I do know that Guillaume and Sybilla were married at Versailles- I didn't realize that Jean
and Helene were married at Versailles also - are there any photos of that marriage?

I believe Jean & Helene had their first child (a son 2) years before they were married and the GD was extremely unhappy about it. P Jean had to denounce his rights to the throne to go ahead with the wedding to Helene. They went on to have more children and from all official pictures for all ceremonies in the G Duchy, Helene was never present.

Thjeir daughter marie GAbrielle was born on 08.09.1986 and short later on 26.09.1986 Prince jean rennounced his succession rights. Jean and Hélène married on 25.05.1987. This became only known a few years later and from the earls 90's Hélène was present at Family occasions in Luxemburg.

The late Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte was and looked very happy at the wedding of Guillaume with Sybilla. They were no mother in law problems with Sybilla and her family. When Guillaume had his terrible car crash just at the moment of the abdication all the festivities were postponend. They are wonderfull pictures of the young Prince Jean of Luxembourg taken just before the Grand Duchess illness.

Prince Jean of Luxembourg in the Rolland Garros Village at The
French Open on June 6, 2010 in Paris, France.

** Pic **

i wonder what do grand duke jean think that his son decide to revoke his decision he had to take. I think its rude that grand duke henri had decide to elevated the children of prince jean i think they deserve the title count and countess de nassau especially the eldest who was born a wedlock.

Do we have a list of the schools that Jean's children attended? And are their recent pictures of the kids by themselves other than the pictures at Grand Duke Jean's 90th birthday party

:previous: I haven't seen recent pictures of them, the only recent pictures of them i have seen is on the Grand Duke Jean" 90th Birthday!

:previous: thank you so much for the picture!, I haven't seen Marie Gabrielle"s close up picture from a long time!

Diane is really an attractive woman!

Prince Jean and his wife Diane attended the 'IFRAD' Gala at Cirque D'Hiver in Paris on September 25, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Why is his former wife Hélène Vestur invited to attend the royal Lux. Weddings ?
Very Kind from the Grand Duke.

Well why not I guess? She has been an aunt for Felix for 20? years or so. The late duke of Parma always got invitations to royal events in The Netherlands too, often seated between members of the RF.

Last edited:
I agree, but Princess Irene never remarried.
Hélène Vestur and Prince Jean had a daughter before their wedding. They married, Hélène was not Princess of Luxembourg and I am not sure the then Grand Dukes attended.
For Prince Jean second wedding I don't remember if his Father attends .
Sorry for mistakes !

Hélène's start into the family might not have been an easy one (on both sides) but they grew very close. She is still invited to all major family occasions; she was also attended the weddings of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume, Prince Louis, Archduchess Marie-Christine and Archduke Christoph, likely also Archduke Imre's if it hadn't taken place in the USA. She was also a guest at the silver wedding anniversary of the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess. She is still considered to be a part of the family and I see not reason why she shouldn't be.

According to the few pictures that were published, only his youngest brother Prince Guillaume attended Prince Jean's second wedding. The first time Countess Diane was officially seen by his side at a Grand Ducal celebration was the wedding of the Hereditary Grand Duke last year.

Back
Top Bottom