Prince Guillaume, Princess Sibilla and Family, Current Events 1: May 2003 - Feb 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gaggleofcrazypeople said:
What does beatification mean?
From the Catholic Forums:
"(Latin: beatus, blessed; facere, to make) The declaration by the pope as head of the Church that one of its members deserves for saintly life as confessor or heroic death as martyr, to be entitled Blessed, that is, regarded as dwelling in the happiness of heaven. The declaration is preceded by a double process, the first consisting of an examination into the life, virtues, writings, and reputation for holiness, or martyrdom, of the Servant of God in question, conducted ordinarily by the bishop of the place in which he or she died or lived a long time. In the case of a martyr no miracles are required in this first process, but they are required for others. The second process, known as the Apostolic process, is instituted by the Holy See in case the first inquiry shows that there is a likelihood of proving that the Servant of God practised virtue to an heroic degree, or died by the heroic death of martyrdom. To go further and obtain canonization, miracles are required for both martyrs and confessors."

In other words, beatification is the last step before being made a Saint. To become a Saint, which is to be cannonized, one must perform a miracle.

-Kara-

You're welcome :D . My teacher had to practically beat that into my head [along with the Apostle's prayer] when I was in catechism.

-Kara-

hi there, did they by any chance have the baby and what is its name?

hania said:
hi there, did they by any chance have the baby and what is its name?
Yes, Prince Guillaume and Princess Sibilla had a baby boy in July. His name is Jean André Guillaume Marie Gabriel Marc D'Aviano.

-Kara-

Yes he was, I have the point de vue issue with pictures of it. I enjoyed it very much as I finally got a glimpse of the children of Prince Jean & Helene Vestur (very attractive) and Josephine-Charlotte was their as well which I found very brave, she was wearing a turban to cover her bold head.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Just to make sure I'm not totally nuts, you mean bald head, right?
Yeah, I'm sure that's what he means. Bald and bold kind of sound the same anyway. =)

This thread is a dedication to the early days... im sure you would all be interested in how they met.. how this love story began... was Sibilla born in luxembourg... did they meet at uni? There are so many questions...

We have all watch the sparks and the romance that started with mary and fredrick... how did there story begin...

We do know that once apon a time in a land far far away there lived a luxembourg prince Guillaume... who lived with his family.....

and.....:p

here are some early photos i think if anyone has any info plz post mwa

Attachments

• guillaumelux1963-5.jpg
    guillaumelux1963-5.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 433
  • Sybilla3.jpg
    Sybilla3.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 899
  • guillaumelux1963-4.jpg
    guillaumelux1963-4.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 359
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes she is from a very wealthy family...

Would anyone have pictures of Prince Jean that they wouldn't mind sharing with us? I'm working on a Christmas project and I would love to have pictures of Prince Jean from his Baptism. Thanks in advance.

really?

chanel said:
Yes he did. Quite wealthy indeed, and a great grand daughter of HM King Alfonso XIII and Queen Ena of Spain.
This s really interesting: could you tell me of whom she is thegrand daughter??? some Juan Carlos os Spain' aunt??? Many thanks.

Princess Sibilla is the granddaughter of Infanta Beatriz of Spain and Don Alessandro Torlonia. She is the great-granddaughter of King Alfonso XIII and Queen Victoria Eugenie (Ena) of Spain. She is the great-great-granddaughter of Princess Beatrice of Great Britain and Ireland and Prince Henry of Battenberg. She is also a great-great-great-granddaughter of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert of Great Britain and Ireland.

By the way, Princess Sibilla's late father, was one of the richest men in France.

Source: QVD

Last edited by a moderator:
mybags said:
Princess Sibilla is the granddaughter of Infanta Beatriz of Spain and Don Alessandro Torlonia. She is the great-granddaughter of King Alfonso XIII and Queen Victoria Eugenie (Ena) of Spain. She is the great-great-granddaughter of Princess Beatrice of Great Britain and Ireland and Prince Henry of Battenberg. She is also a great-great-great-granddaughter of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert of Great Britain and Ireland.
golly...and J-C still didn't like her? I thought Royals loved people with good connections and are from good families...

hillary_nugent said:
golly...and J-C still didn't like her? I thought Royals loved people with good connections and are from good families...
No, J-C liked Sibilla. It's Maria-Teresa she supposedly disliked.

Princess Sibilla annoys me for reasons I don't understand. :mad:
Lollies!
-Kara-

i wonder why m-t never wears, or never gets to wear, the scroll tiara? what's going on there and just what is j-c's problem? i understand she comes from the old school and all when it comes to blue blooded marriages, but i would've thought that most ppl would've moved on and beyond that way of thinking. i feel that the most important thing that she should be concerned about should be the happiness of her childeren. they're the ones getting married, not her and tough to her for not putting her foot down, if she didn't want to marry jean-if the rumors are true. but back on topic, she should come up off the jewels and "spread the wealth" so to speak, and share with m-t b/c she is the current grand duchess and b/c she more than deserves to have her pick of the jewels. *smiles.

princess sibilla was seen wearing the belgium scroll tiara to some event. although, i'm not sure of any of the other princesses wearing it, i've never seen any of them doing so, m-t in particular. so, imo, there must be some favoritism going on there. oh and for hillary nugent, i think the scroll tiara was a wedding gift for j-c from the people of belgium, not the belgian congo. it can be seen in some of her other wedding photos.

MT has never worn the large diamond tiara (big one in the familiy).
First pix- Wedding Portrait Charlotte and Felix
Second pix - Wedding Portrait Josephine-Charlotte and Jean
I hope MT wears the tiara during celebrations for her 25th wedding anniversay.

Sibilla usually wears a diamond Art Deco tiara that can be worn two ways.
She looks so regal in these pictures.
Sibilla and Guillaume attended May 2002 wedding in Norway. She wore the Belgian Diamond Tiara - wedding gift tfrom Belgian bankers to Josephine-Charlotte. MT has never worn this tiara.

Attachments

• gd1.jpg
    gd1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 382
  • luxroyal.jpg
    luxroyal.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 351
  • Sibilla3.jpg
    Sibilla3.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 489
  • Sibilla1.jpg
    Sibilla1.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 717
  • Sibilla4.jpg
    Sibilla4.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,357
Msfroyste,

Sorry, I didn't see your response because I was posting my message. I think there is some favoritism going on. I don't think J-C has ever fully accepted M-T the way she has Sibilla.

Rere

it's ok. i couldn't agree with you more. it seems that the only daughter-in-law that she's accepted IS sibilla, which i think is so sad, especially considering all that m-t does for the world.

Pics of civil marriage of Prince Guillaume and Sibilla Weiler on 8th September 1994

On 8th September 1994 Prince Guillaume and Sibilla Weiler married civil in Sélestat (Alsace/F). The church marriage was in the Saint Louis-Cathedrale in Versailles (F) 0n 24.09.1994. I'm looking for these pictures.

But for now enjoy the pics of the civil marriage:

Attachments

• marriage Guillaume 1.jpg
    marriage Guillaume 1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 2,121
  • marriage Guillaume 2.jpg
    marriage Guillaume 2.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 2,257
  • marriage Guillaume 3.jpg
    marriage Guillaume 3.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 4,070
  • marriage Guillaume 4.jpg
    marriage Guillaume 4.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,561
  • marriage Guillaume 5.jpg
    marriage Guillaume 5.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 369
  • marriage Guillaume 6.jpg
    marriage Guillaume 6.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 357
  • marriage Guillaume 7.jpg
    marriage Guillaume 7.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 2,290
  • marriage Guillaume8.jpg
    marriage Guillaume8.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 467
  • marriage Guillaume 9.jpg
    marriage Guillaume 9.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 355
  • marriage Guillaume 10.jpg
    marriage Guillaume 10.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 320
Did JC not want to marry Jean? I thought that she agreed to marry Jean without even asking her father's permission first!

msfroyste said:
oh and for hillary nugent, i think the scroll tiara was a wedding gift for j-c from the people of belgium, not the belgian congo. it can be seen in some of her other wedding photos.
Thanks mate ^___^ and thanks for the pics Drimal...

why was Guillaume's and sibilla's marriage ceremony so simple? did they want it that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom