Prince Guillaume, Princess Sibilla and Family, Current Events Part 2: February 2005 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
paul-louis1998 said:
paul-louis is the name of sibillas grandfather!

So, Paul-Annick is named for his father, then? And Sibilla and Guillaume's son is named for her grandfather?

85. birthday of Grand Duke Jean

Prince Guillaume and Princess Sibilla as well as the other four children and some grandchildren had come to the receipt. There for the moment still none are pictures.

Where are they living?

I think reports during Guillaume's accident said the family was living in London. The baby has gotten big, and the oldest son looks to be tall for his age.

rere said:
I think reports during Guillaume's accident said the family was living in London. The baby has gotten big, and the oldest son looks to be tall for his age.

Guillaume had an accident:eek: What happened?

Hi Lise,

I heard Prince Guillaume and his wife, Princess Sybilla had a car accident back in 2000 in Belgium.They were supposed to attend at his older brother Prince Henri's thorne cemorony in end of September 2000 but The royal family had to cancel it because of Prince Guillaume and Princess Sybilla's car accident. They changed the date to October 7th, 2000.. Correct me if I am wrong. :confused:

lise said:
Guillaume had an accident:eek: What happened?

I have heard it was in Paris; they crashed against a lamppost or something like that. Sybilla was wearing a seatbelt so she just broke her leg - Guillaume wasn't and was seriously injured; he spent months in the hospital. If you look at older pictures of him, and pictures taken afterwards, you can notice the scars on his face, and how immobile his face is - he crashed head first through the windscreen. Also, he had to use a stick for a long time. GD Jean postponed his ascension because he and DG J-C obviously wanted to be with their son.

How sad. How long did this accident occured?

Kelly said:
How sad. How long did this accident occured?

In late 1999, I believe. GD Jean meant to abdicate for the Millennium but it was postponed.

It was at night from 10 to 11 September 2000 near Paris.

About 0:55 local time Prince Guillaume and Prince Sibilla of Luxembourg had a car accident at the motorway A10 close to Briis-sous-Forges near Paris, France. Two other cars were involved in the accident. Prince Guillaume was taken to the Hospital Henri-Mondor in Créteil. His condition is said to be critical. He has a fracture of the skull and is in a coma. Princess Sibilla was brought to the hospital in Evry with a broken leg. Grand Duke Jean and his wife Joséphine-Charlotte immediately travelled to France after hearing about the accident.

http://www.nettyroyal.nl/newssep00.html Here is a photo of their car - terrible.
http://www.gouvernement.lu/salle_presse/communiques/2000/09/11guil/index.html

Last edited:
magnik said:
It was at night from 10 to 11 September 2000 near Paris.

About 0:55 local time Prince Guillaume and Prince Sibilla of Luxembourg had a car accident at the motorway A10 close to Briis-sous-Forges near Paris, France. Two other cars were involved in the accident. Prince Guillaume was taken to the Hospital Henri-Mondor in Créteil. His condition is said to be critical. He has a fracture of the skull and is in a coma. Princess Sibilla was brought to the hospital in Evry with a broken leg. Grand Duke Jean and his wife Joséphine-Charlotte immediately travelled to France after hearing about the accident.

http://www.nettyroyal.nl/newssep00.html Here is a photo of their car - terrible.
http://www.gouvernement.lu/salle_presse/communiques/2000/09/11guil/index.html

These articles say two other cars were involved, but there is no information about what specifically caused the accident? It's weird. There is no mention of any possible cause. For a car to be so totaled as his! Either he was driving extremely, seriously, crazily fast, or the person(s) who hit him were driving recklessly. or perhaps there was a drunk driver in the mix. Since no details like that came out, it makes you wonder if Guillaume had been at fault somehow... I hate to be the voice of conspiracy, but it is suspicious.

A detailed article about Prince Guillaume's bad accident in September 2000 I've found on http://www.gotha.fr/fr/news/news_article.asp?id=1093#top (English translation)

GRAND DUCAL FAMILY OF LUXEMBOURG
The younger brother of Grand Duke duke Henri, prince Guillaume, finds finally his residence one year after his dramatic car accident...
Tuesday September 25, 2001 © eGotha.com & Gotha.fr
One year after the serious road accident which failed to cost them the life, Their Highnesses Royal prince Guillaume and the Sibilla princess of Luxembourg found Their residence where Guillaume continues his rehabilitation near his family.

One remembers that prince Guillaume, victim of a serious road accident on A10 at the beginning of October 2000, had left the CLIO in which he was before being violently struck by a jaguar.

According to the elements of the investigation and statements' of his wife the princess Sibilla, the youngest son of Grand Duke Jean circulated at the wheel of a CLIO of hiring, when he had a first collision with a Golf, before succeeding in being extracted from the cockpit damaged with his wife.

Aged 37 years, Guillaume was struck little after full whip by the Jaguar. Transported urgently to the Henri-Mondor hospital of Creteil to the service of neurosurgery, it was to fall into a major coma with a health considered to be very alarming but stationary.

Wounded with the leg and operated after being transported to the hospital, the princess Sibilla could be heard by the investigators on the circumstances of the accident.

One at the time was reassured by learning that none of his/her children was with the couple at the time of the accident, but a feeling of stupor nevertheless had struck Luxemburgish people, when it was learned that the driver of the old Golf only 28 years circulated at the time of the accident in a "very advanced" state of intoxication...

Guillaume of Luxembourg is the junior by the Grand-Duke Jean and from the Grand-Duchess Joséphine Charlotte was born on 1 May 1963 and married since September 1994, the couple had three children, Paul Louis, Léopold and Charlotte (both of the four months old twins only!).

This accident had plunged the close relations of prince Guillaume like all the subjects of the Grand Duchy in a great emotion, while at the same time on September 28, 2000, the Grand-Duke Jean was to abdicate in favour of his elder son the Grand-Duke Henri.

JEROME BEYLOT

Last edited:
Thanks for those links mims! I can see who's in the pics a lot better with those links. :flowers:

You are welcome pianohabebi! :)
I'm glad, that I'm not again that one, who has problems with pictures :lol: ;)

Back
Top Bottom