Official Photos of the Grand Ducal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hillary_nugent said:
bwuhaha they probably did when they were little kids...:D

I could only imagine how scary that must have been. Maybe Guillaume needs some therapy for that. Cause I'll be waiting!

hillary_nugent said:
bwuhaha they probably did when they were little kids...:D
Yeah, probably to get out of having to go to the dentist, doctor's office, or even school when they didn't want to go.:D I could see them doing that.

Alexandria said:
You're welcome. I don't know what the event is -- I can't read Dutch!

The title of the article (in Dutch) is: Gezin groothertog Henri doorstaat alle stormen: Een Kijkje in Vorstelijk Luxemburg.

With my "understanding" of Dutch, it's something along the lines of:

"Grand Duke Henri's family weathers (prevails) every storm: A peek into Sovereign (Royal) Luxembourg."

(More appropriate translations in brackets. Am open to correction as I'm not Dutch.) :rolleyes:

fraxales said:
With my "understanding" of Dutch, it's something along the lines of:

"Grand Duke Henri's family weathers (prevails) every storm: A peek into Sovereign (Royal) Luxembourg."

(More appropriate translations in brackets. Am open to correction as I'm not Dutch.) :rolleyes:

This translation doesn't need a correction ;)

does anyone have those pictures from a couple years back...i think it was for henri's birthday ?? the family photos where they were wearing the white shirts and the jeans...

Does anyone have a link to the picture of the Grand Ducal family posing with black tie evening wear. The boys black bows were undone. It was very stylish

Anything new of them recently? I love it when they do stylized pictures like the ones above, but I wish there were more about this family!!

the only things that are new are on the Grand Duke and Duchess' Thread and Guillaume's thread! but I agree with you I can't get enough of this family! :flowers:

If the postcards show modern photos, then I'm afraid you'll need to get permission in writing from the copyright owner before you can post them. If they're really old photos (before about 1920), you can go ahead and post them.

Once I saw a picture of the family together where Princess alexandra and Grand Duchess Maria Theresa were wearing red dresses and sitting in red chairs. The boys were standing behind them and wearing black suits. Have any of you seen that picture? If so do you know where to find it?

Looks like posed for an official pic and probably it was taken before 2012 as otherwise the Hereditary Grand Duchess would probably have been included.

Yes, I'm sure it was before 2012. On the site this photo has no caption or date. It's a mystery!

I'm looking on the Site of the Grand Ducal House but have not yet found any information about this photo.

Looks like posed for an official pic and probably it was taken before 2012 as otherwise the Hereditary Grand Duchess would probably have been included.

It's indeed an official portrait. There was also another portrait of only the couple released but I don't know the year. Pictures were taken by Lola Velasco.
Edit: This portrait is on the monarchie.lu-website

Edit: And the one with Guillaume is as well (but maybe you already knew that and I just misinterpreted).

I seem to vaguely recall it was taken for some special occasion; maybe 10 year ascension to the throne? So, that would mean 2010?! Or something related to Jean's birthday?

Last edited:
It's indeed an official portrait. There was also another portrait of only the couple released but I don't know the year.

Pictures were taken by Lola Velasco.

Yes, but I still can't figure out what year these photos were taken.
It does not seem to me that teha been in 2007, when the official website of the monarchy of Luxembourg was launched.

Back
Top Bottom