Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family, Current Events 3: February - October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Genevieve said:
By Leti I presume you mean Princess Letizia of Spain. Letizia was married before Felipe so any sex she might have had would have been with her husband so that certainly isn't the same as what Louis and Tessy did.
Again, you are assuming then that she and Felipe (of course I am not talking about her first husband) didn't have sex before they got married (which by the way is the desired behavior in the Catholic teachings and many other religious teachings). If they did, would you rebuke them?

Genevieve said:
No need to attack me for my comment please.
I did not attack you, I commented on your extremely hypocritical comment. Please show me what words that I wrote which were a personal attack on you.

If Louis wanted forgiveness for his sins (and any other of his siblings that may have had pre-marital sex), then the Vatican is the right place to be. I do hope you uinderstand the simple fact I am trying to convey to you.

I'll spell it out.

1) Yes, an out-of-wedlock child is definite proof that Louis engage in pre-marital sex - which is a sin in the Catholic belief.

2) Just because neither of his siblings (which you DID NOT questioned their right to be there) has not produced an out-of-wedlock child DOES NOT mean they haven't engaged in pre-marital sex - which is a sin in the Catholic belief.

This is all I was trying to convey. I'll leave and let you continue with your rebuke of Louis..

Last edited:
Genevieve said:
it seemd liked a contradictory example to be baptising your out of wedlock child as a teenager

Ladies, please :D Now, I think the Catholic church is basically against any sin of any form, but they have never turned away children born outside marriage, so I guess there are sins and then there are sins. For example, I think GD's brother Jean is probably not welcome in the Vatican as he is divorced. BTW, there has been every now and then whispering about Henri and MT's marriage, and I think that the religion is perhaps the strongest thing to keep them on trying. He couldn't rule a country and be excommunicated, not at least in this case. Again, no offence meant.

-L

What's the interview about I can't understand it.

I know its in Spanish but can anyone translate it into english.

Thanks for post Kelly.:)

It's very long to translate it all but I'll try...
It starts off talking about Luwembourg being a jewel lost in the middle France, Belgium and Germany.. and says something about its economy and then starts with MT and the DG's marriage.. that they had decided to celebrate their silver wedding anniversary in private with their 5 children.. they are considered a exemplary couple.. they got married on St. Valentine's in a veeerrryy cold day and that thousands of people companied them in the streets.. he was the hereditary DG and direct descendant of the kings of belgium while her family was from cuba.. with a good economic position.. they emigrated to USA.. she studied in the best shools in USA and switzerland.. "she represented the èlite of the adolescents of the 70's".. they met at university.. he made himself called "henry of Clairvaux" but yet he couldn't disguise his title...in his marriage day henry said "I can say she is my true love, the love of my life".. they have a lot of things in common.. she says he is a wonderfull man...MT explains how her marriage changed her life.. that difficult and different situations are presented everyday but fortunately she had 20 years.. since her marriage to her assumpion to get prepared to be the Grand Duchess... she is asked if guillaume had received a different education as he is the heir to the throne.. and she says that the stong values and principles and the education are common in all the children.. but as he is the future GD.. he has more responsibilities as being member of the state council.. companying his parent on state visits.. etc.. but he has total support of his siblings.. (there is a veeeryy brief biography of guillaume.. nothing new).. she is asked if she sees her sibling often.. and MT replies "as often as I can".. and adds that he sees more often her brother Louis and his wife Nicole.. and her sister Catalina.. who they all live in Geneva.. and she misses a lot his brother Antonio, who she rarely sees as he lives in Florida (USA)... she is asked about her experience when visiting old people's home while studying at university and she says that she lhas oved that experience.. thas she was moved to see their happiness when she went to see them.. and the amazing life experiences they told to her.. then it says that MT is a Unesco Godwill (?) ambassador and lists all the organizations she supports... and the people she has met for this cause such as women, in Bangladesh, who once went to ask her for a microcredit to feed their child and send him to school.. and years later (when she returned) that same child was preparing himself to go to university.. she is asked for the music she likes.. and says that she leaves clasic music for the GD and that she likes modern and Cubanian (?) music.. and sometimes even changes CDs with her children..lastly the reporter askes her if she wants to return to Cuba sometime... and she says thay obvipusly.. that when she went in 2002 with her sister Catalina, her eldest niece also called Catalina, Guillaume and Felix it was a very emotive visit becauste although she has left Cuba when she was very young and she can't remember much, the most beautiful things in life happen during the first years of life.. and that when she manages to return to cuba with her husband and her 5 chuldren.. her dream has finally come true..

Well.. here is a good and complete summery of the interview.. I hope it helps..

National Day next Friday, June 23rd. I'm guessing we'll see Grand Duke Henri and Guillaume in uniform? :D Hope to see the whole family there including Louis. Is he in Luxembourg at the moment or with Tessy and Gabriel elsewhere?

Hey does any1 no anythin about Alexander of Luxembourg he's so sute!!

I think that is the Son of Marie Astrid? Alexander.....

Isn't Marie Astrids son Alexander an Arch Duke of Austria?

lise said:
Isn't Marie Astrids son Alexander an Arch Duke of Austria?

yes, all of her offspring are, including herself, via marriage to her husband.

21-06-2006 Frankfurt Prime minister of the German federal state Hessen Roland Koch (CDU,R) welcomes in Wiesbaden grand duke Henri of Luxemburg and duke of Nassau (C) and ancestral grand duke Guillaume of Luxemburg and ancestral prince of Nassau in Wiesbaden ahead of the game Netherlands v Argentina

from PPE

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 275
Guillaume must have shaved before National Day, because he appears clean shaven in all the photos. He must have heeded the advice on his thread, lol. :)

i don't think that he shaved it b/c of what we've been saying on this thread. if anything, he probably kept it b/c some of us said that it had started to grow on us, etc, plus there's the fact that he's had it on several official occasions, such as that recent trip to germany. more than likely, he shaved it due to the fact that he needed to be clean shaven for natl day because he was to be in military dress, which usually requires one to be "neat and tidy".

I really liked the facial hair on him. Then again, with or without facial hair, I think he still looks handsome. ;)

msfroyste, or anyone else, since you're such an expert on the family ;), I wonder if you know of any photos of Guillaume interacting with children. I have seen very few of them...are there any more other than the National Day's photos?

I just think it's great when we get to see him with children. The thought warms my heart. :) I would really LOVE to see him interacting with children more. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathilde1286 said:
I really liked the facial hair on him. Then again, with or without facial hair, I think he still looks handsome. ;)

I'm glad he got rid of facial hair. But agree w/ or w/out it he's good looking.:)

Mathilde1286 said:
msfroyste, or anyone else, since you're such an expert on the family ;), I wonder if you know of any photos of Guillaume interacting with children. I have seen very few of them...are there any more other than the National Day's photos?

I just think it's great when we get to see him with children. The thought warms my heart. :) I would really LOVE to see him interacting with children more. :)

I found some :) :

pictures from www.rtl.lu ;)

Thank you so much, mims!! I just love those photos of him with children. I do wish he'd be more involved with the children.

Mathilde1286 said:

I've seen one before that I used to have on my computer that was of him with his little cousin Alexandria. It was before JC passed away and he's holding he hand while JC's in the background watching. It's really cute. I think they were on seegerpress.

Can you post them please? I love too photos of Guillaume with children. They are really cute, and Guillaume looks to understand them.
Anyway, does anyone know, how is Guillaume called by his family? Like prince William- his friends and family are calling him "Wills"... maybe Guillaume is them Gills :D

Thank you Ditebaby. I searched on seegerpress, but with no luck. I did, however, find some really nice pictures of the whole family. :)

I finally have learned how to work with seegerpress :D. som I choose some pictures of whole family and I posted them ;) :
pictures from seegerpress:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, how adorable!!!!!!! Do you know who's who. Wow. MT and Henri look so young!

Mathilde1286 said:
I think from left to right it's Felix, Sebastian, then Guillaume. I'm shocked at how thin MT looks. I like her better now she looks a lot healthier now a days.

Mathilde1286 said:
that's Felix, LOUIS and Guillaume, from left to right...
lol !

Karajan said:
that's Felix, LOUIS and Guillaume, from left to right...
lol !
That's right. It was really late where I am when I wrote that. My mind must have been shuting down for me to switch those names like that:p :rolleyes: . I did mean Louis though. Thanks for catching that for me Karajan.

Wow! They look very young in that picture. Thanks for posting it.

Does anybody have any recent pics with Guillaume and the GD family?

I think, we won't see for a long time... I read somewhere, that grand ducal family left for vacations. So maybe we get some from there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom