Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family, Current Events 2: April 2005 - February 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, it seems we now have plenty of pics, and they're new. *jumps for joy,hehehe.

rere said:
http://www.gouvernement.lu/index.html

The family attended a ceremony April 13, 2005, at the Luxembourg Embassy in London to commemorate the 60th Anniversary of the return from exile of Grand Duchess Charlotte of Luxembourg, on 13th April 1945.

Also, the family and the Earl of Wessex attended a lunch following the ceremony at the embassy with representatives of the war veterans and members of the Luxembourg community in Great Britain.
Any pics of the family attend the Luncheon with the Earl of Wessex in Great Britain on 13th April 2005?I've found lots but there are no pics.

with Prince Edward in London.

Attachments

• Commemorat_60anniversary_London_004.JPG
    Commemorat_60anniversary_London_004.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 864
ysakuraba said:
with Prince Edward in London.

Thank ysakuraba for this picture. :) Grand Duchess Maria Teresa looks very chic in her grey suit and oversized hat.

Does anyone know anything about the designers Maria Teresa often wears? Are there Luxembourg fashion houses that she frequents or does she wear foreign designers?

She wears alot of Natan like most of the royal ladies in the Benelux countries.

Pictures of the children

Do you guys can post pictures of Guillaume, Felix, Louis, Alexandra and Sebastien when they were babies and growing up? Because I didn´t see much pictures of them as baby...

I've heard that she does do some shopping in Luxembourg, but she probabl does shopping elsewhere, too.

Therre are alot of old pics of them in a thread that was solely for pics a while back. But they were babies, so their parents probably didn't want them near the camera too often.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.wort.lu/articles/4712260.html

Schlussprozession beendet Oktave

Letzte Aktualisierung: 01-05-2005 18:58 (jm) - Mit der feierlichen Schlussprozession endete an diesem Sonntag die diesjährige Oktave, die unter dem Motto "Wir sind gekommen, ihn anzubeten" stand. An der Schlussprozession nahm die großherzogliche Familie teil, die am Morgen bereits dem Pontifikalamt in der Kathedrale beigewohnt hatte. Zahlreiche Gläubige hatten sich in der Hauptstadt eingefunden, um an der Schlussfeier der Marienwallfahrt teilzunehmen. In den vergangenen zwei Wochen waren mehrere tausend Gläubige aus dem In- und Ausland in die Hauptstadt gepilgert, um der Heiligen Jungfrau zu huldigen.

Attachments

• 440001994.jpg
    440001994.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 1,051
ysakuraba said:

Letzte Aktualisierung: 01-05-2005 18:58 (jm) - Mit der feierlichen Schlussprozession endete an diesem Sonntag die diesjährige Oktave, die unter dem Motto "Wir sind gekommen, ihn anzubeten" stand. An der Schlussprozession nahm die großherzogliche Familie teil, die am Morgen bereits dem Pontifikalamt in der Kathedrale beigewohnt hatte. Zahlreiche Gläubige hatten sich in der Hauptstadt eingefunden, um an der Schlussfeier der Marienwallfahrt teilzunehmen. In den vergangenen zwei Wochen waren mehrere tausend Gläubige aus dem In- und Ausland in die Hauptstadt gepilgert, um der Heiligen Jungfrau zu huldigen.
Thanks for the information and photo. I can't understand most of that. Does anyone know what it means?

Alright, with a very bad online translator this is what I got from that article...

Conclusion pro assignment terminates oktave
Last actualization: 01-05-2005 18:58 (jm) - with the solemn
conclusion pro assignment the oktave of this year on this Sunday,
which are under the slogan "we come, him anzubeten", ended. In the
conclusion pro assignment the grossherzogliche family participated,
which had attended the Pontifikalamt in the cathedral in the morning
already. Numerous Glaeubige had appeared itself in the capital, in
order to participate in the conclusion celebration of the
Marienwallfahrt. In the past two weeks several thousand Glaeubige from
the in and foreign country were gepilgert into the capital, around the
holy virgin to huldigen.

Horrible translation but maybe someone else can figure out the rest. Better than nothing, right?

thanks for the effort BeccaLynn07, something IS better than nothing, hehe.

ysakuraba said:

Translation:

Final procession of the octave.

01.05.2005 18:38: With the solemn final procession of this year's octave, who had as a motto "We are coming, to pray to him". The Grand Ducal family participated on the final procession, after being present in the Pontificial Mass in the cathedrale in the morning. Many faithful have been in the capital to participate at the final ceremony of the Pilgrimage of the Virgin Mary. In the past two weeks, many thousand faithful from Luxembourg and abroad have made a pilgrimage to thank the Virgin Mary.

Attachments

• octave0001.jpg
    octave0001.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 464
Thanks for the translation Drimal and BeccaLynn07 ^___^ wow Alexandra looks different more mature ^__^ and look Sebastian changed his hairstyle! he's hairstyle looks more like his brothers now!!! ^___^

Hmm... I think Sebastien's hair is getting like the others' as well. It looks a bit like Felix's has on occasion (you know, a bit long at the back). He did have quite short hair no so long ago, which didn't really look like his brothers' hair. What do other people think? :)

Last edited:
yeah i agree with you katielouise...he has parted his hair to one side like Felix does sometimes...

I was really surprised too! At the funeral of his grandmother Josephine-Charlotte in January he had still short hair.;)

same here. his hair does look better now than it did during henri's b'day celebrations.

So when is the next time the family gets to appear together in public? ^___^ Felix's 21st birthday? ^___^

The Grand Dukes and Grand Duchess attended event commomerating 60th Anniversary of the end of WWII yesterday:

Attachments

• TP_COMM2_20050508.jpg
    TP_COMM2_20050508.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 248
  • TP_COMM5_20050508.jpg
    TP_COMM5_20050508.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 347
  • TP_COMM9_20050508.jpg
    TP_COMM9_20050508.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 287
  • TP_COMM10_20050508.jpg
    TP_COMM10_20050508.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 366
  • TP_COMM12_20050508.jpg
    TP_COMM12_20050508.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 296
  • TP_COMM13_20050508.jpg
    TP_COMM13_20050508.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 301
  • TP_COMM20_20050508.jpg
    TP_COMM20_20050508.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 449
  • TP_COMM24_20050508.jpg
    TP_COMM24_20050508.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 321
Thanks for the pics HMQEII ^___^
i was just wondering...did Luxembourg particpate in WWII or were they neutral like Switzerland? i know that Luxembourg was partially destroyed from the war...did they send soldiers? and if so how many? Luxembourg has such a small population it would have been extra hard to lose so many young men...

Luxembourg was occupied by the nazies and Grand Duke Jean was in the (British?) army during the war - so I expect they participated

hillary_nugent said:
Why didn't he fight with the Luxembourg army or something...didn't they have one?

I'm not sure, but it might have had something to do with the fact that GD Charlotte and her family fled to London and set up government-in-exile there when the war broke out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom