Luxembourg State Visits: General Discussion and Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
City
Country
United States
Luxembourg State Visits: General Discussion

On how many statevisits did the Grand Duchess and the Grand Duke went in the last years? And who came to Luxembourg to a statevisit?

Would be nice if someone knows that.
Sorry if this question was asked before, but i didn't found anything :)

Hi. :D
Sorry no one responded! Anyway, I can't ever recall seeing a list of statevisits made by the Grand Duke and Duchess anywhere, and I looked on the Luxembourg's government website and couldn't find anything either. You might try looking back through the various threads in this forum, there are lots of pictures from different statevisits, I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has a wonderful trip of State, the Grand Duchess been it has been stupendous and very elegant, will there be another State Visit?, is some it paginates where they inform us of the new activities of the Dukes and trips?

On how many statevisits did the Grand Duchess and the Grand Duke went in the last years? And who came to Luxembourg to a statevisit?

Would be nice if someone knows that.
Sorry if this question was asked before, but i didn't found anything :)

The Grand Duke and Grand Duchess have undertaken the following State Visits abroad:

Spain - May 7 through 9, 2001
Ireland - March 4 though 6, 2002
Denmark - October 23 through 24, 2003
The Netherlands - April 24 though 26, 2006
Chile - November 22 though 23, 2007
Brazil - November 26 through 29, 2007
Sweden - April 15 Through 17, 2008

They have hosted the following countries:

Spain - April 16 through 18, 2007
Finland - November 24 through 26, 2008
Italy - November 2 through 4, 2009
Ireland - October 14 through 15, 2009

This may not be an inclusive list; however, it should get you started.

I'm trying to find some information about their state visits to Czech Republic. I find two years 1994 and 2002, do you know about any other? And can someone give me more informations about this two visits? I mean dates, programme,... And did Guillaume, Felix, Alexandra, Sebastien or Louis also visited Czech republic? All information are welcomed:)

I think we could have a discussion on the Visits of the State of Luxembourg and what visits do we want to see in the future?

In this topic you can also post news about possible state visits. :flowers:

Love this idea!

Are there any more Visits to/from Luxembourg that we know off for this year?

:previous:
I do not think there have been any state visits yet for this year. Does anyone know anything?

At the end of last year Grand Duke Henri, accompanied by Princess Alexandra, visited Japan.
This year there was a state visit to France.
In the coming months it is not known if there will be any more visits.

Blog Real mentioned previous visits to France and Japan, I thought we might include Netherlands in that list as well

What i have wondered when the Henri and Maria Teresa came to the Throne they soon made State Visitis to the other european monarchies except for the UK. But so far only Spain and Netherlands where invited to a State Visit to Luxembourg and the Netherlands two times in 5 years. Would be time to also invite the other fellow monarchs

A state visit from Luxembourg to the UK would be wonderful news. Have the Grand Dukes of Luxembourg already made state visits to all the other monarchies in Europe?

A state visit from Luxembourg to the UK would be wonderful news. Have the Grand Dukes of Luxembourg already made state visits to all the other monarchies in Europe?

Lovely as it may be for royal watchers, Luxembourg is, IMO, just not strategically important enough, from a UK perspective, to offer a state visit. Perhaps they can be included in any celebrations in 2022 for HM's 70 years on the throne!

Last edited:

Yes the made State Visits to the european monarchies in the first 10 years after their accession. I think the last monarchy was they visited was Norway. But only Spain and netherlands where invtied to a State visits to Luxembourg. But i heard there will be a State Visit from Belgium next year.

Last edited:
If there is any chance of Lux having a State Visit to UK it will be in these Brexit times. A lot of companies are based in Luxembourg as a gateway to Europe so it would be in the UK's interest to have good relations with Lux.

Yes the made State Visits to the european monarchies in the first 10 years after their accession. I think the last monarchy was they visited was Norway. But only Spain and netherlands where invtied to a State visits to Luxembourg. But i heard there will be a State Visit from Belgium next year.

If a state visit from Belgium to Luxembourg takes place it is very likely that a state visit of the Spanish kings to Luxembourg will also take place.

If a state visit from Belgium to Luxembourg takes place it is very likely that a state visit of the Spanish kings to Luxembourg will also take place.

But King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia have already made a State Visit to Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa. The last belgian State Visit to luxembourg was over 20 years ago.

Hope the Cabo Verde state visit will be realized when the pandemic subsides. It's been postponed twice already.

State visits by Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa to other monarchies:

State visit of the Grand Duke and the Grand Duchess in the Kingdom of Spain from May 7 to 9, 2001
https://c8.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/B70172310/22198497_ZFKSW.jpeg

State visit of the Grand Duke and the Grand Duchess in the Kingdom of Denmark from 20 to 22 October 2003
https://c2.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/Bed18f5b9/22198494_3JpdZ.jpeg

State visit of the Grand Duke and the Grand Duchess in the Kingdom of the Netherlands from April 24 to 26, 2006
https://c2.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/G3e171e30/22198507_sk1SR.jpeg

State visit of the Grand Duke and the Grand Duchess in the Kingdom of Belgium from March 20 to 22, 2007
https://c1.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/B7d17845f/22198495_lytTg.jpeg

State visit of the Grand Duke and the Grand Duchess in the Kingdom of Sweden from April 15 to 17, 2008
https://c5.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/B7d177274/22198496_tLW2s.jpeg

State visit of the Grand Duke and the Grand Duchess in Norway from May 30 to June 1, 2011
https://c9.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/B7918d239/22198498_JG1bk.jpeg

State visit of HRH the Grand Duke to Japan from November 27 to 29, 2017 with his daughter, Princess Alexandra
https://c5.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/B0317a46d/22198493_uIsBW.jpeg

Last edited:
Grand Duke Henri is wearing sashes and Collars on a perfect way.

State visit of the Grand Duke and the Grand Duchess in the Kingdom of the Netherlands from April 24 to 26, 2006
https://c2.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/G3e171e30/22198507_sk1SR.jpeg

Interesting that the shared Order, the Ordre du Lion d'Or de la Maison de Nassau, of which both Sovereigns are the joint Grandmaster, was not worn. The Queen, the Prince of Orange, Princess Máxima, Princess Margriet and Professor Van Vollenhoven all wore a lower Luxembourgian Order.

This State Visit is remarkable by participants wearing a lower Order of Luxembourg, despite having the highest Order.

Was Japan the last outgoing State Visit from Luxembourg?

There was a State Visit from Belgium to Luxembourg just after the Grand Duchess knee Operation. Queen Mathilde wore the 9 Province tiara.

The King and the Queen of the Belgians did a State Visit to Luxembourg just after the Grand Duchess Knee Operation in 2019. ( She did not wear a Sash ?)
Do the Grand Dukes go for a State Visit to Belgium , the Netherlands and Spain beause they have a new King ?

The King and the Queen of the Belgians did a State Visit to Luxembourg just after the Grand Duchess Knee Operation in 2019. ( She did not wear a Sash ?)
Do the Grand Dukes go for a State Visit to Belgium , the Netherlands and Spain beause they have a new King ?
Usually the new King's first wold make an State Vist to Luxembourg, which the dutch and belgian royal Couples already did.

Back
Top Bottom