Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family Picture Thread, Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
there are some more pics of the grand ducal couple over at the glittering royal events msg board. http://members3.boardhost.com/Oranjes

if you want to see them, you'd better hurry b/c they're at the bottom of the board and they're about to cycle out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah ha! :D One step ahead of you - that's where I got the MT/Cinderella picture!

ahhh ok. cool. i thought it was interesting and refreshing to see pics of them that i haven't seen yet.

here's a cute pic of the family when sebastien was a baby. i don't know if it's been posted yet. and i've posted the pic of mt playing the guitar too.:)

Attachments

• Maria-Theresa+playing+guitar.jpg
    Maria-Theresa+playing+guitar.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 2,324
  • LuxHenriMariaTeresa5kids.jpg
    LuxHenriMariaTeresa5kids.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,197
Thanks for the pics ^__^ i've never seen those before ^___^ our princes were such adorable kids!!!

as the saying goes, they grew up good, VERY good. hehehehe.

@KatieLouise and msfroyste: Thanks for the pics.:)
Maria Teresa certainly plays a Cuban tune on her guitar or some Flamenco dance... ole!:D

I have found some pics of weddings and visits of the Grand Ducal couple:

1. Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxemburg during "The Merchant of Venice" Screening, 61st Venice Film Festival Italia, Venice04/09/2004.

2. In The Hague on June 12th 2004. Prince Henri of Luxemburg and wife Princess Maria Teresa arriving at church for the christening of Her Royal Highness Princess Catharina-Amalia, daughter of His Royal Highness the Prince of Orange and Her Royal Highness Princess Maxima (pic), is christened in de Grote of St Jacobskerk church in The Hague on Saturday 12 June 2004. Princess Catharina-Amalia was born in Bronovo hospital in The Hague on 7 December 2003. The Prince Willem Alexander himself was christened in de Grote of St Jacobskerk in September 1967 (text from Viennareport!)

3. on the wedding of Crown prince Frederik and crown princess Marie on the stairs to Frederingsborg Palace in Denmark on 14th May (Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and Grand Duke Henri are on the left of the second row!)

4. Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg and wife Grand Duchess Maria-Teresa arrive at the Cathedral of Santa Maria la Real de la Almudena for the wedding ceremony of Crown Prince Felipe of Spain and Letizia Ortiz in Madrid-Spain on saturday May 22, 2004.

5.to 7. Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg, Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark with his fiance Mary Donaldson during a gala dinner at the castle of Fredensborg, October 20, 2003. The Grand Duke and his wife the Grand Duchess are in Denmark for a three day official visit.

8. and 9. Luxembourgs Grand Duke Henri , right , and his wife Grand Duchess Maria Teresa , left , pose for photographers in front of the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin , Thursday , October 12 , 2000

Attachments

• venice film festival 4.09.2004.jpg
    venice film festival 4.09.2004.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,631
  • christening of Princess Catharina Amalia.jpg
    christening of Princess Catharina Amalia.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,411
  • 14.05.2004 Frederik wedding.jpg
    14.05.2004 Frederik wedding.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,666
  • 22th May 2004 wedding Felipe of Spain.jpg
    22th May 2004 wedding Felipe of Spain.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 2,341
  • gala dinnerFrederic Denmark 20.08..2003 1.jpg
    gala dinnerFrederic Denmark 20.08..2003 1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 2,231
  • gala dinner Frederic Denmark 20.08.2003 2.jpg
    gala dinner Frederic Denmark 20.08.2003 2.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,631
  • gala dinner Frederic denmark 20.08.2003 3.jpg
    gala dinner Frederic denmark 20.08.2003 3.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,926
  • Berlin.jpg
    Berlin.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 485
  • Berlin 2.jpg
    Berlin 2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 958
Thank you too, drimal! :) Wow! Can Maria Teresa play the guitar? She's so accomplished! I love picture. I also love the group picture at Mary and Frederik's wedding - it's great to see the royal families all together - one big happy family!

Thanks for the pics Drimal! I totally agree with you Katie i love it when the Royals gather together ^_____^ You can see MT is a pretty social and open person the way she talks to Mary ^___^

mt is one of those royals you can look at and go,"we could talk about anything and it'll be ok b/c she's cool," type of person. she exudes down-to-earthness as do all of her children which is a wonderful thing. she and her children look like you won't get beaten down in the name of Jesus if you say something wrong to them. hehe.

Some very nice pictures of Grand Duke Jean and Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte and their young (adult) family. (In the last picture Jean and Josephine-Charlotte are pictured with Beatrix of the Netherlands.) Sorry, but I don't know the years for these pictures.

Source: Van Parys Media

Attachments

• LX-1.jpg
    LX-1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,255
  • LX-5.JPG
    LX-5.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,024
  • LX-4c.jpg
    LX-4c.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,159
  • LX-4b.jpg
    LX-4b.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,130
  • LX-4a.jpg
    LX-4a.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,085
  • LX-3.jpg
    LX-3.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,227
  • LX-2a.JPG
    LX-2a.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 1,170
  • LX-2.jpg
    LX-2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,261
Very nice pics. The first five look like they are from the seventies. They next two look like they are from the nineties. And the last one looks like it is from the late fifties.

MeanMeanMean

Hullo,

I found these pics looking for the funeral photos and just thought to post them, if no other, for comic value. No doubt, MT is a lovely lady BUT WHAT ON EARTH WAS SHE THINKING??? Also, one with Jean-Claude Juncker and a nice one of Felix. I don't know about you, but to me Alexandra really looks like a daddy's girl. She is always hugging her father in picture, and generally seems more affectionate towards him than towards MT.

-Lisa

Attachments

• MT4.jpg
    MT4.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 476
  • H1.jpg
    H1.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 608
  • MT3.jpg
    MT3.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 571
  • MT2.jpg
    MT2.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 586
  • H2.jpg
    H2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 515
  • F1.jpg
    F1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 593
  • MT1.jpg
    MT1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 632
I don't know, Lisa. I think Henri and MT are pretty affectionate to each other in public and still look very much in love.

Attachments

• Olympics2.jpg
    Olympics2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 660
  • Christmas 2004 [2].jpg
    Christmas 2004 [2].jpg
    17 KB · Views: 1,306
  • christening cath-amaila.jpg
    christening cath-amaila.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 628
  • t that sweet.jpg
    t that sweet.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 1,270
  • Birthday - Maria Teresa, Henri.jpg
    Birthday - Maria Teresa, Henri.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,230
  • Birthday - a kiss.jpg
    Birthday - a kiss.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,095
  • Holiday- family5 and dogs.jpg
    Holiday- family5 and dogs.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 2,062
KatieLouise said:
I don't know, Lisa. I think Henri and MT are pretty affectionate to each other in public and still look very much in love.
MT and HEnri are definitely still in love ^__^ but i think Lisa meant Alexandra is more affectionate to her father than her mother.

well, alex's the only girl. before my sister was born, i was most definately a daddy's girl. besides, you know they probably spoil her rotten, but at the same time she's probably really tuff, considering the fact that all her siblings are boys and she probably doesn't take any kind of crap from them.

being the only girl and the baby of the family i am pretty much a daddy's girl but like msfroyste said having grown up around guys has toughen me up after years of being a dummy for their karate hahahaha...

Yes

KatieLouise said:
H! Yes, what I meant was that ALEXANDRA seems more affectionate towards her dad than towards her mother - and yes, you are right about MT and Henri.

I don't know if you or anyone here has seen the documentary about the king of Denmark whose children and grandchildren now rule every kingdom in Europe. In it, the late JC mentioned her parents, princess Astrid and king Leopold; they had been apart for some time, and when the ship she returned in Belgium hit the docks, she run down the bridge and straight to her husbands arms and kissed him. She said it was the first ever such public display of royal affection, and she spoke very warmly, happily about it. So Henri has been probably brought up to that. I have noticed though that there are great many pictures of them leaning over to kiss but not one in which their lips actually touch. Does that indicate that the Luxies are still a bit uptight about that...?

-L :)

Annoying really...

...but here a couple photos that hold relevancy to the message above. Or not. Is it just me or does Henri have a seriously nice bum? And I also noticed that his eyes might be green. I think MT is pregnant with Felix in the pictures, and was probably not very happy when they were published.
-L :)

Attachments

• H1.jpg
    H1.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 819
  • H2.jpg
    H2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 676
  • JC1.jpg
    JC1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 611
  • JC2.jpg
    JC2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 935
  • MT1.jpg
    MT1.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 605
  • MT2.jpg
    MT2.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 690
  • MT3.jpg
    MT3.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 520
The date on the photo is July 13, 1992. She was expecting Sebastien.

Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume (born 11 November 1981)
Prince Felix (born 3 June 1984)
Prince Louis (born 3 August 1986)
Princess Alexandra (born 16 February 1991)
Prince Sebastien (born 16 April 1992)

Rere......if the picture is from July of 1992, how she was still pregnant from Sebastian if he as born in April of the same year?? Maybe,you meant July of 1991....

Oh, I'm terribly sorry, Lisa!! :eek: I see what you mean - Daddy's little girl rather than Mummy's little girl - I'd agree with that. ;)

I bet they didn't know these beach photos were being taken - nice to see Henri and Maria Teresa mucking around and having a fun time! :D

Nathalian said:
What she´s doing in the pictures?? Sometimes, MT lose sense....
hahaha...i think she is exercising...hahaha i can't blame MT for being unhappy about thos pictures being published...hehehe they're not very flattering :p

Back
Top Bottom