The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-24-2006, 11:15 PM
Courtier

Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family, Current Events Part 4 (October 2006 - )

Welcome to Part 4 of News and Pictures of the Grand Ducal Family! The old thread can be found here.

Just a few reminders:

-Please remember our Posting Rules and be respectful and courteous to your fellow posters. The FAQ is also a good resource.

-Take special note of our new photo posting policy. This is very important.

-Please don't start this thread with comments like "Yeah! A new thread!" or similar posts. And please try to stay on topic.

-If you have any other questions, please feel free to PM any one of the moderators of the Luxembourg forum.

Enjoy, and happy posting!

Old 10-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Aristocracy

Continuing on what we were talking about in the last thread. I think it is a promise ring. She wasn't wearing any other rings at all on any other fingers. And she just seems like the kind of person who would wear one. Plus the wedding ring finger is mainly reserved for promise rings and wedding rings.

Old 10-25-2006, 01:35 PM
Serene Highness

really?
I finally know what is it promise ring, but I wear my ring on my wedding ring finger. and it's not promise ring
We will have to wait for another photos and we will see
Old 10-27-2006, 01:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditebaby
Continuing on what we were talking about in the last thread. I think it is a promise ring. She wasn't wearing any other rings at all on any other fingers. And she just seems like the kind of person who would wear one. Plus the wedding ring finger is mainly reserved for promise rings and wedding rings.
More likely it isn't; promise rings are an American thing (see the Silver Ring Thing), and, as far as I know, not used anywhere in Europe The only capacity I have ever seen them worn here has been as a sign that the person is in a serious, committed relationship - an exchange student in my class had one because he had a girlfriend waiting in Germany; the couple had got exactly the same ring for each other.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Alexandra is so young and has solo engagements! Until this time she was almost always with one of her parents.

How old were/are usualy royal princesses when they started their solo engagements? 15, 18 years old?
Old 10-27-2006, 06:08 PM
Serene Highness

I have never seen her in a solo engagement. Is this her first one? She did it well I might add.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
I have never seen her in a solo engagement. Is this her first one? She did it well I might add.
In video you can see it's her second I think her first solo engagment was when that project started.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:26 AM
Serene Highness

I wonder if we would ever see Tessy and Gabriel in official family pictures. Louis is not in the line to the throne any more, wonder if he would have any official engagements.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 10-28-2006, 10:07 AM
Aristocracy

Personally I don't think that Alexandra is too young to be having solo engagements. Lots of people who are similar in age around the world attend school, take part in maintaining the family home, and sometimes have jobs outside the home. In addition, Alexandra, at least in pictures, appears very calm, responsible, and professional. And since they finally allowed her to stop dressing like a little girl she appears more mature.

On that note, IMO she really has become a beautiful young woman, the best combination of her parents. Beatrice and Eugenie, while both attractive, usually wear things that are ill-fitting (i.e. too tight), and most of the time have a mismatched appearance. At least they are finally both wearing heels.

At any rate, congrats to Alexandra for stepping into her adult life as the number two woman in Luxembourg.

Mapper
Old 11-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by mims111
In video you can see it's her second I think her first solo engagment was when that project started.
First engagement in 2003.

She is really grown up and professional for a 15 year old girl.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Majesty

Countess Marie-Adélaïde Louise Thérèse Wilhelmine Henckel de Donnersmarck,néé Princess of Luxembourg,sister of Grand Duke Jean,
passed away last night aged 82,as was announced this morning by the Maréchalat de Cour.

May 21st 1924- February 28th 2007.
http://www.Tagesblatt.lu/edition/art...rticleId=58372
Old 03-01-2007, 01:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien
Countess Marie-Adélaïde Louise Thérèse Wilhelmine Henckel de Donnersmarck,néé Princess of Luxembourg,sister of Grand Duke Jean,
passed away last night aged 82,as was announced this morning by the Maréchalat de Cour.

May 21st 1924- February 28th 2007.
http://www.Tagesblatt.lu/edition/art...rticleId=58372
That's very sad news . Will the funeral be private or public?
Old 03-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Serene Highness

What sad news. Did she live in luxembourg?
Old 03-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
What sad news. Did she live in luxembourg?
No Princess Marie-Adélaïde was living with her husband Count Carl Josef Henckel von Donnersmarck (*1928) and her four children Andreas (*1959), Felix (*1960), Heinrich (*1961) and Marie Charlotte (*1965), (all have the Count or Countess title)at Castle Wolfsberg in Carinthia (Austria), the domain of the family Henckel von Donnersmarck.

She was living at Castle Berg (Luxembourg), Pianore (Italy) and in Hohenburg (Germany) during her youth. She had studied in Roehampton (Great Britain) and Brussels then she past her exams in the Collège Jésus Marie de Sillery in Montreal (Canada).

I guess the funeral will be in Austria because she has died in an hospital in Carinthia.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:43 PM
Courtier

My condolences to the family.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Images from seeger, cute Prince Gabriel

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/top...ER00176849.jpg
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/top...ER00176848.jpg
Old 03-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Courtier

MT is one proud grandmama! Gabriel is a sweetie with his big eyes. These are very nice pictures.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia
Did Princess Alexandra come along?? (text, last picture)
Old 03-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Serene Highness

It seems that she did go along with Maria Theresa. I thought Gabriel did not have the title of prince of luxembourg?
Old 03-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia
Gabriel certainly takes after his father and grand mother. Very cute .