Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family, Current Events 4: October 2006 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

suturegeisha

Courtier
City
Fort Mill
Country
United States
Welcome to Part 4 of News and Pictures of the Grand Ducal Family! The old thread can be found here.

Just a few reminders:

-Please remember our Posting Rules and be respectful and courteous to your fellow posters. The FAQ is also a good resource.

-Take special note of our new photo posting policy. This is very important.

-Please don't start this thread with comments like "Yeah! A new thread!" or similar posts. And please try to stay on topic.

-If you have any other questions, please feel free to PM any one of the moderators of the Luxembourg forum.

Enjoy, and happy posting! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Continuing on what we were talking about in the last thread. I think it is a promise ring. She wasn't wearing any other rings at all on any other fingers. And she just seems like the kind of person who would wear one. Plus the wedding ring finger is mainly reserved for promise rings and wedding rings.

really? :lol:
I finally know what is it promise ring, but I wear my ring on my wedding ring finger. and it's not promise ring ;)
We will have to wait for another photos and we will see :)

Ditebaby said:
Continuing on what we were talking about in the last thread. I think it is a promise ring. She wasn't wearing any other rings at all on any other fingers. And she just seems like the kind of person who would wear one. Plus the wedding ring finger is mainly reserved for promise rings and wedding rings.

More likely it isn't; promise rings are an American thing (see the Silver Ring Thing), and, as far as I know, not used anywhere in Europe :flowers: The only capacity I have ever seen them worn here has been as a sign that the person is in a serious, committed relationship - an exchange student in my class had one because he had a girlfriend waiting in Germany; the couple had got exactly the same ring for each other.

Alexandra is so young and has solo engagements! Until this time she was almost always with one of her parents.

How old were/are usualy royal princesses when they started their solo engagements? 15, 18 years old?

Last edited:
I have never seen her in a solo engagement. Is this her first one? She did it well I might add.

Kelly said:
I have never seen her in a solo engagement. Is this her first one? She did it well I might add.

In video you can see it's her second ;) I think her first solo engagment was when that project started. :flowers:

I wonder if we would ever see Tessy and Gabriel in official family pictures. Louis is not in the line to the throne any more, wonder if he would have any official engagements.

Personally I don't think that Alexandra is too young to be having solo engagements. Lots of people who are similar in age around the world attend school, take part in maintaining the family home, and sometimes have jobs outside the home. In addition, Alexandra, at least in pictures, appears very calm, responsible, and professional. And since they finally allowed her to stop dressing like a little girl she appears more mature.

On that note, IMO she really has become a beautiful young woman, the best combination of her parents. Beatrice and Eugenie, while both attractive, usually wear things that are ill-fitting (i.e. too tight), and most of the time have a mismatched appearance. At least they are finally both wearing heels.

At any rate, congrats to Alexandra for stepping into her adult life as the number two woman in Luxembourg.

Mapper

mims111 said:
In video you can see it's her second ;) I think her first solo engagment was when that project started. :flowers:

First engagement in 2003. :)

She is really grown up and professional for a 15 year old girl.

lucien said:
Countess Marie-Adélaïde Louise Thérèse Wilhelmine Henckel de Donnersmarck,néé Princess of Luxembourg,sister of Grand Duke Jean,
passed away last night aged 82,as was announced this morning by the Maréchalat de Cour.

May 21st 1924- February 28th 2007.
http://www.Tagesblatt.lu/edition/article.asp?ArticleId=58372

That's very sad news :sad: . Will the funeral be private or public?

What sad news. Did she live in luxembourg?

Kelly said:
What sad news. Did she live in luxembourg?

No Princess Marie-Adélaïde was living with her husband Count Carl Josef Henckel von Donnersmarck (*1928) and her four children Andreas (*1959), Felix (*1960), Heinrich (*1961) and Marie Charlotte (*1965), (all have the Count or Countess title)at Castle Wolfsberg in Carinthia (Austria), the domain of the family Henckel von Donnersmarck.

She was living at Castle Berg (Luxembourg), Pianore (Italy) and in Hohenburg (Germany) during her youth. She had studied in Roehampton (Great Britain) and Brussels then she past her exams in the Collège Jésus Marie de Sillery in Montreal (Canada).

I guess the funeral will be in Austria because she has died in an hospital in Carinthia.

Last edited:
MT is one proud grandmama! Gabriel is a sweetie with his big eyes. These are very nice pictures.:flowers:

It seems that she did go along with Maria Theresa. I thought Gabriel did not have the title of prince of luxembourg?

Princess Marie-Adélaïde Dies

The older sister of the former Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg who reigned from 1964 unitl he abdicated in 2000. Has died Princess Marie--Adlaide was 82 years old. There is the link on the biography of the princess. Sunday Times - Article

Last edited:
Next Star- The link does not work.

I remember reading about this a few days ago- such sad news. :sad:

Lady Jennifer said:
Next Star- The link does not work.

I remember reading about this a few days ago- such sad news. :sad:

I have posted a new link about the princess that actually works.

Will there be some sort of public funeral or will it be a private matters?Anyone know of the details?

Gabriel does not have a title at this point in time.

M-T and Alexandra are very sweet with little Gabriel. Where were the pictures taken? I can't decide who Gabriel looks like but he sure is cute!:wub:

CASSARD said:
no foto of funerals?

I really doubt we would get any photos of the funeral--she lived a quiet, private life. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom