Old 05-11-2015, 03:33 PM
Serene Highness

Manuel Dias:

octav 2015 Procession de Cloture-2015-05-10 - 220 - MANUEL DIAS

Monarchie:

http://www.monarchie.lu/fr/actualite...ave/index.html

Old 05-18-2015, 08:37 AM
Courtier

A picture of Prince Sebastien & Grand Duke Henri during the graduation ceremony https://www.facebook.com/FranciscanU...type=1&theater

Old 06-07-2015, 05:54 PM
Majesty

it sounds like all propositions in the luxembourg referendum were rejected by its citizens...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-07-2015, 07:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
it sounds like all propositions in the luxembourg referendum were rejected by its citizens...
The referendum questions on which opinion was sought, and results: Luxembourg constitutional referendum, 2015 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 06-25-2015, 09:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marijke View Post
25-6-2015 BERG Castle.

Garden Party.

WORT:

Luxemburger Wort - Zu Gast beim Großherzog
Has the Grand Duchess suffered an injury that she needs to sit down in the receiving line?
Old 06-26-2015, 12:39 AM
Majesty

She's recently had knee surgery and is apparently not completely healed.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" MLK Jr 1929-1968
Old 06-26-2015, 02:40 AM
Majesty

I think a hard long weekend of Reception Lines wouldn't have done it much good.

Let's hope she and Henri managed a few romantic turns on the floor.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:17 AM
Serene Highness

26-6-2015

Garden Party - Part Two!

WORT:

Luxemburger Wort - Royals host second garden party

http://www.wort.lu/de/lokales/grossh...88b46a8ce5bed7

Tageblatt:

Tageblatt Online - Der zweite Teil der Garden Party - Luxemburg

RTL:

Page 1-6.

http://pressphoto.rtl.lu/browse/sear...e+Berg&t=&&p=2
Old 06-27-2015, 09:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Felix is a very proud Man !
Old 06-28-2015, 09:21 PM
Majesty

I think all the husbands in the LRF...Henri, Guillaume, Felix and Louis are proud men. As well they should be.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" MLK Jr 1929-1968
Old 06-29-2015, 09:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Mr Ladmacher brings largly the bacon at home so happy his daughter is a Royal Highness.
House , vineyard in the South of France , rubies earrings and necklace were more important than the Grand Duchess jewels .
Old 06-29-2015, 10:50 PM
Majesty

I disagree. The Grand Duchess wore historic jewelry with important ties to Luxembourg and the Bourbon-Parma dynasty.

Claire wore flashy, obviously very expensive new jewels that were perhaps purchased for her by her family so that she could keep up with her Royal in-laws.

More expensive does not always =more important.

Old 06-30-2015, 05:17 AM
Super Moderator

I tend to believe that the family portrait was planned well in advance, and that this planning probably included discussions on what to wear. The grand duke and duchess must have known in advance which lady was going to wear which jewels. And if they thought that Claire’s rubies were inappropriate for the portrait, they would have asked her to wear something else. So I assume that Henri and MT were perfectly ok with everybody’s look; and if they are, so am I.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:27 AM
Majesty

I made no comment on the appropriateness of Claire's bling. I was reacting to the opinion that it was "more important" than what her mother-in-law was wearing.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:33 AM
Nobility

How do we know that Claire's father bought these jewels, it could be a parure that we haven't seen yet.Personally I'd be a bit surprised if he bought them.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:38 AM
Majesty

Another Board devoted to Royal jewels did an article on the entire Grand Ducal collection. In fact several boards have showcased the Luxembourg collection over the years and those particular rubies have never been a part of any of them.

Of course I don't know for sure, but my strong hunch is that they were indeed a gift to Claire from the ultra wealthy Lademacher family.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:31 PM
Royal Highness

Employed in the service of Grand Duchess threatens write book about royal family
Une femme de chambre attaque le Palais grand-ducal
Old 07-02-2015, 07:13 PM
Majesty

I read about this elsewhere. I am not sure what she could come up with that anyone outside Luxembourg would find scandalous...this is the most low-key of all the European RF's, they seem almost staid in comparison to the others.

I guess we will have to wait and see.