Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family, Current Events 4: October 2006 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Burgundy/wine is a good color for Stephanie!

From the pix Claire is not voting... hasn't she become a Luxemburger now ?

I thought Claire and Felix were going to live i the South of Fance, I don't know who gets to vote in Luxembourg but maybe as she was not born in Luxembourg and does not live there now she can not or did not want to vote .

I thought Claire and Felix were going to live i the South of Fance, I don't know who gets to vote in Luxembourg but maybe as she was not born in Luxembourg and does not live there now she can not or did not want to vote .

She has no luxemburgian citizenship. To get it you have to live in the country for quiet some time (don't remember the exact number oy years) and also have to fulfill other critererias. For Stephanie the luxemburgian Parliament made an extra law so that she could get it without fullfilling these but there was a lot of critcs about it so i don't think they would do it again for Claire who also does not live in Luxemborug with Felix for now.

Thanks, I thought I'd heard it took a long time to get full citizenship, no wonder they made a special exception for Stephanie.

There's a video of the Grand Duke's children at the polling station here. Skip ahead to 1:35 if you don't want to watch prime minister Juncker voting and giving an interview.

You need to live in Luxembourg for seven years, pass a language and a few other tests to be able to apply for citizenship. There have been some discussions in the past to reduce the number of years to 3 or 5 but no new law has been introduced yet. The same discussions that surrounded Stéphanie's naturalisation also happened in 1919 when Prince Felix became a Luxembourgish citizen and during the early 1980's when Grand Duchess Maria Teresa became a Luxembourger.

She has no luxemburgian citizenship. To get it you have to live in the country for quiet some time (don't remember the exact number oy years) and also have to fulfill other critererias. For Stephanie the luxemburgian Parliament made an extra law so that she could get it without fullfilling these but there was a lot of critcs about it so i don't think they would do it again for Claire who also does not live in Luxemborug with Felix for now.

I understand the need for the special law for Stephanie but for Claire I think it'd be unnecessary. Stephanie is the HGD, future Grand Duchess, while Claire married the younger brother, enjoys the same perks of being a princess with less responsibility. Claire & Felix also have more flexibility with where they want to live and do with their lives as opposed to Guillaume & Stephanie.

The Grand-mother "duties" I think !!!! Lovely duties, they look so happy together !

My goodness has Gabriel*** shot up this year!! He's going to be a little heartbreaker in just a few short years. If not now. :D

Lovely pictures of the Grand Duchess performing one of what has to be one of her very favourite duties. That of Grandma. :)

***I don't follow this Family as closely as the others, so I could have the boys mixed up, but simply due to having seen them a handful of times. So no offence offered if I have mixed them up. :)

Really heartwarming pix. I prefer the one with the apples !!!

On Monday:
At Centre Culturel de Rencontre Abbaye de Neumünster, HRH Grand Duchess, accompanied by TRH Hereditary Grand Duchess and Princess Sibilla visited the exhibition ""Le rêve italien de la Maison de Luxembourg". The famous Roman goldsmith Diego Percossi Papi presents a new collection of jewelry and art objects dedicated to the Emperor Henry VII of Luxembourg on the occasion of the 700th anniversary of his death in Tuscany in the town of Buonconvento near Siena.
Visite de l'exposition Le rêve italien de la Maison de Luxembourg - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Novembre 2013

Last edited:
Nice to see the Grand Duchess with her daughter-in-laws, they seemed to have a great time at the bazaar.

^^ Indeed.

BTW, in the portuguese version, wort.lu says that Maria Teresa was with her daughter Tessy :rolleyes: and daughter in law Claire.

What a pity that Stephanie was not with Maria Teresa, Tessy and Claire.

What a pity that Stephanie was not with Maria Teresa, Tessy and Claire.

yes, such a shame, it would have been a great ladies outing!

it looks like MT, tessy and claire had a superb time. it's super to see them all out and about, they look like a great team. i loved the pictures of tessy and claire dancing in the spanish stand! hopefully we will get a video also... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom