Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family, Current Events 4: October 2006 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice pictures! They're such a beautiful family.

Plenty of pix with Tessy and the beautiful boys ! I am quite delighted !

I can't wait to see the pictures!

They have a Westie!

I've always liked the grand ducal family, now I know why--they have a West Highland White Terrier! :queen: Westie's rule! Well, at least in my house they do.

Having been to Cuba many times I am sure they had a great holiday, with the added benefit of not having any paparazzi. Hopefully they had the time to enjoy the great beaches, the best in the Caribbean.

Prince Wenceslas of Nassau and Archduke Alexander of Austria graduated at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst:
Wort.lu - Luxemburger Prinzen schließen Sandhurst-Akademie ab

Many of their relatives were in attendance: Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg, Prince Jean of Luxembourg and his former wife Helene Vestur (Wenceslas' parents), Archduke Carl Christian and Archduchess Marie Astrid of Austria (Alexander's parents), Prince Louis and Princess Tessy of Luxembourg, Archduke Christoph of Austria with his fiancée Adelaide Drapé-Friche, Princess Marie Gabrielle of Nassau.

Their regiment has been inspected by HRH The Duke of Kent.

Thank you for the update MAfan, Congratulations to both of them!

Here is more update about the Grand Ducal family

Thanks for the update, MAfan! :flowers:
Both Princes look quite dashing in their uniforms and nice to know their families were out en force to support them on the occasion.

Thank You for sharing the wonderful pictures. It seems all family was present, besides Sebastien.Sometimes Maria-Teresa's look seemed to be sad,at the same time Alexandra's dress doesn't appear to suit her well, she seemed pregnant in it.
Could someone explain in what consists the Octave celebration, what is it about?
Thank You.

Does anyone know, why Stephanie has not attended the closing?

So glad to see Tessy and the children... I am disappointed not to see Stephanie....well it will be next year

I suppose it is protocol...I was disappointed too !

Does anyone know, why Stephanie has not attended the closing?

I am not surprised Stephanie was not present. The Closing of the Octave is an event traditionally attended by the Grand Ducal Family, and Stephanie as the Heir's fiancee is not technically a member yet. I doubt that we will even see her next month at National Day celebrations.

The Luxembourg Court seems to adhere more strictly to protocol than some of their other European counterparts. ;)

She might be on Guillaume's arm as his date to his cousins' weddings in the next couple of months.

They have a beautiful family, I love looking at them! Thanks Marijke!

I love seeing the whole family together!

Could someone explain in what consists the Octave celebration, what is it about?
The Octave is one of Luxembourg's major annual religious celebrations. It honours Our Lady of Luxembourg, Mary, Mother of Jesus - Maria Mater Jesu, Consolatrix Afflictorum, Patrona Civitatis et Patriae Luxemburgensis.

Thanks a lot for the pictures, Marijke. :flowers:
I love seeing pictures of the whole family, especially its youngest members; Noah and Gabriel are just adorable kids.
The pictures of Guillaume holding one of the boys are really sweet - he is quite a doting uncle. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom