The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalian
Yes...I also request for a forum, but for everything, not just for pictures...Now, the Luxembourg subforum has more threads that the Greek, Norway,Monaco....It´s time that the moderatos see that.....but........I don´t know...they really don´t wanna do it...
This matter has been addressed on at least three occasions in the past two weeks. We've provided our reasons why; repeated posts of this kind are getting a bit tiresome.

Please get back to News and Pictures of the Luxembourg ducal family.

Alexandria
Royal Forums Administrator

Old 02-05-2005, 10:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

So anyway, the forum thing is never going to happen. Back to news about LRF, even if ther hasn't been any news about them lately.

Old 02-06-2005, 03:45 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
So anyway, the forum thing is never going to happen. Back to news about LRF, even if ther hasn't been any news about them lately.
I have bought a book published in homage to Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte with 150 great photos and some interesting reports about her life.:)

1 euro of the book price was going to a charity for cancer.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:01 AM
Courtier

kewl drimal. it's always a good thing to support charities. tell us if you find anything out interesting and new.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Drimal, can you scan any good pics?
Old 02-13-2005, 07:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does anyone know if that whole 6 weeks of mourning thing is over yet?
Old 02-13-2005, 07:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by drimal
I have bought a book published in homage to Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte with 150 great photos and some interesting reports about her life.:)

1 euro of the book price was going to a charity for cancer.
Whats the book called
Old 02-14-2005, 12:24 AM
Courtier

to answer gaggle's question, the 6wk mourning period started when she died- i'm assuming this- and 6wks is a bit longer than a month, so i'd say it could be over next week. to answer bad's question, a rough translation is homage to grand duchess josephine-charlotte or grand duchess josephine-charlotte: a homage.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:20 AM
Courtier

i've posted some more pics of the grand ducal family in the european royalty photo gallery, so feel free to have a looksie. in general, some of my sources for my photos are, along with this forum's various threads and subthreads and sub-subthreads, include,

the following yahoo groups:

luxembourg royalty: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LuxembourgRoyalty/
house of nassau: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HouseofNassau/
guillaume hereditary of luxembourg: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Guilla...yofLuxembourg/

the following msn groups:
modern jet set 3: http://groups.msn.com/ModernJetSet3
modern jet set 4: http://groups.msn.com/ModernJetSet4

and various other sites that have sporatic postings of pics that i'll mention if i do post something from them. if anyone has any questions for me, please feel free to pm me.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:04 AM
Nobility

The book's name I was talking about is: Joséphine-Charlotte Hommage 1927-2005 (German version).

Below there is the title page and the back page of the book and another picture on the first page.:)
This is the beginning of some beautiful pictures I will scan from the book and post here.:p
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	N Buch vorderseite.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	93582   Click image for larger version

Name:	N buch rückseite.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	93583   Click image for larger version

Name:	N buch1.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	93584  
Old 02-16-2005, 02:01 AM
Majesty

are any new state visits planned?
Old 02-24-2005, 05:39 AM
Nobility

"the caller was in fact a policeman, and a member of the special unit
charged with the Grand Duke's protection at that"

that is too scary!
Old 02-24-2005, 08:35 AM
Nobility

I have a scarying news from my newspaper which I translated from German:

Call from a phone box/ observation cameras registered the perpetrator

On Friday of the past week the Grand Ducal family was threaten by a anonymous phone caller. During the inestigations of the police there was a hunch that a member of body guards could be the suspicious and now it is nearly certain that the man was filmed during his call.
Observation cameras have registered the man in the phone box. The police kept quiet if this observation was a coincidence or a systematic surveillance.
On last Friday there was a call from an anonymous man who threatened the Grand Duke and his family. After a well-directed investigation the criminal police found out that the call were coming from a phone call.
On account of clear clues against a body guard of the Grand Duke this man was by an examining magistrate on Saturday. But the man wasn't arrested because the facts need to be checked. The accused person denied the whole act. The public prosecuter explained that the accused person is innocent as long as their is no sentence from a judge.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:46 AM
Aristocracy

The link from the Benelux message board said "There. Another little "scandal" from Luxembourg." What others have there been? Someone?
I post here a few pictures I think haven't appeared here before. I love the one with Mathilde - she looks like there were little green men swimming around in her glass and she was talking to them

-Lisa :)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	98133   Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	98134   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	98135   Click image for larger version

Name:	04.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	98136  

Name:	05.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	98137   Click image for larger version

Name:	06.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	98138   Click image for larger version

Name:	07.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	98139   Click image for larger version

Name:	08.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	98140  

Name:	09.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	98142   Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	98144  
Old 02-24-2005, 08:48 AM
Aristocracy

Red face

Here is moore... and oh, about the main issue: is it known what the man said? Did he threaten to kill the grand duke? Did he demand anything?
-L
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	98156   Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	98157   Click image for larger version

Name:	13.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	98158   Click image for larger version

Name:	14.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	98159  

Name:	15.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	98160   Click image for larger version

Name:	16.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	98161   Click image for larger version

Name:	17.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	98162   Click image for larger version

Name:	18.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	98163  

Old 02-24-2005, 04:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by drimal
I have a scarying news from my newspaper which I translated from German:

Call from a phone box/ observation cameras registered the perpetrator

On Friday of the past week the Grand Ducal family was threaten by a anonymous phone caller. During the inestigations of the police there was a hunch that a member of body guards could be the suspicious and now it is nearly certain that the man was filmed during his call.
Observation cameras have registered the man in the phone box. The police kept quiet if this observation was a coincidence or a systematic surveillance.
On last Friday there was a call from an anonymous man who threatened the Grand Duke and his family. After a well-directed investigation the criminal police found out that the call were coming from a phone call.
On account of clear clues against a body guard of the Grand Duke this man was by an examining magistrate on Saturday. But the man wasn't arrested because the facts need to be checked. The accused person denied the whole act. The public prosecuter explained that the accused person is innocent as long as their is no sentence from a judge.
Thank you for translating that article. There are some really depraved people in this world, and it's very sad they had to target the family, or anyone for that matter. I hope they are all okay, and that this doesn't happen again.

Old 02-24-2005, 10:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is so scary! Who is next?
Old 02-25-2005, 12:52 AM
Courtier

that is sad. goes to show that good help is hard to find, espcially if you're famous. i feel sorry for them.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:17 AM
Nobility

It is really scaring nowadays being a famous person. You are the target for criminals and evil people. If you only think on the terrible murder on Swedish minister Anna Lind or the failed assassination on French's prime minister Jacques Chirac...:(

But if even one of your body guards (who has the function to protect you) is a nasty traitor...:(

Now the sixth weeks of mourning are over (the sixth week memorial was last Saturday among the close family ) and the Grand Duke has new worries.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:31 PM
Nobility

Oh my God....this is not happening.....Man, this family soffer enough, and now, this crazy man is threaten them.....It´s too much...