Grand Duke Jean's 90th Birthday: January 5, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a pity there are not more pix of Tessy and the children !

Marie-Christine does look pregnant and she looks wonderful. I think her and her husband are adorable.

These are lovely photos of the family. I wonder if some of the grandchildren put on some kind of show for the Grand Duke. In the last picture some of them are dressed similarly with top hats

I think they did!

thanks for pictures from the ship :flowers:
GD Jean looks very good and happy wit whole family around him.
As far I can notice he get digital camera and CD (from Guillaume).

I don't think his wife was there. I've never seen her with any of the royal family. Do you suppose she was not invited? He doesn't look too happy.
Then why she is never invited?

Is the MS Marie-Astrid ship family-owned or is it a commercial ship?

The boat is comercially used: M.S. Princesse Marie-Astrid in Grevenmacher - Luxembourg - A Luxembourg Attraction

---
About the absence of Diane de Guerre: the only thing I can think of is that members of the family were against the divorce of prince Jean (remarkble as they were also against his wedding, and when married his wife was not or very rarely welcome at court). I don't believe that Diane did anything shocking before her marriage to the prince. Perhaps she had other engagements of course :).

Last edited:
Prince jean Jr organized with Prince Philip of Wurtenberg ( Sotheby) the famous Auction of Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte's Jewelry. The Jewels were already shown and the catalogue printed. Due to the angry attitude of the Luxembourg people because among them were presents , Grand Duke Henri had to cancel the Auction. The price to pay for this cancellation was enormous. Since then the relationship with the 2 brothers seems broken. He could easily marry Diane de Guerre because he was divorced since years but few family members assisted at Jean's second wedding.
Why was Diane not there ? He seems not very happy on the first family pictures.

I think Prince Guillaume resembles a lot to his grand-father Grand-Duke Jean

Is that Princess Alexandra in picture 7? Do we know who else is with her?

Tageblatt Online diashows

The other woman in the photo is Princess Tessy, the wife of Prince Louis. I'm not sure whose hand she's shaking. It kind of looks like the King of Belgium, but I'm not sure.

The other woman in the photo is Princess Tessy, the wife of Prince Louis. I'm not sure whose hand she's shaking. It kind of looks like the King of Belgium, but I'm not sure.

Yes, it is the King of Belgium.

Prince jean Jr organized with Prince Philip of Wurtenberg ( Sotheby) the famous Auction of Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte's Jewelry. The Jewels were already shown and the catalogue printed. Due to the angry attitude of the Luxembourg people, Grand Duke Henri had to cancel the Auction... Since then the relationship with the 2 brothers seems broken...

I'm surprised to hear that their relationship was affected by the cancellation of the auction. Have you read or heard about this; or is it a guess on your part?
I do remember Prince Jean Jr. being pictured in PdV with the jewels at Sotheby.

The family seems to have taken Helene's side in the divorce. I say that because she has been invited to family events, such as Louis' wedding, when Jean has not attended. Seems odd to me. They have apparently forgiven those families where one became pregnant without the sacrement of marriage (i.e., Princess Joan and children; Prince Jean and children; Prince Louis and children) but NOT those who get divorce.

I think the only family member at Jean's wedding to Diane de Guerre was Henri's brother, Prince Guillaume.

Last edited:
:previous: She IS Prince Jean"s daughter, Princess Marie Gabrielle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom