Grand Duke Jean and the late GD Joséphine-Charlotte, Part 2: April 2005 - April 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I right in saying that it's nearly been 2 years since the death of Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte? I think it's wonderful how people across the world still remember her. She was just so special, so elegant, so regal. The world misses her very much. I know I do. She was a real royal.

Photos last year on Grand Duke Jean? Christmas photo all royal children and grandchildren,great-grandchildren Gabriel?

Grand Duke Jean has lost her sister Marie-Adélaïde, who passed away yesterday aged 82.

Danielane said:
Grand Duke Jean has lost her sister Marie-Adélaïde, who passed away yesterday aged 82.

When did it happen? Sorry was not reading well

I send my condolences to the family.

I send my condolences to the family! :sad:

You can find pics of Princess Maria Adelaïde (born 1924) under this link:

Worldroots.com

PS: She was born in the year GD Charlotte's sister Marie Adelaïde (Grand Duchess during 4 or 5 years) died at the young age of only 30 years.

Last edited:
Photo on Princess Maria Adelaide last year and his family? She was with Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlottes funeral 2005?

No she did not attend the funaral, probably her health was to frail to travel to Luxembourg then. She did attend the 80th birthday celebrations of her brother though.

Mstislav Rostropovich, the great Russian-Azerbaijanian cellist and a close friend of the GD Jean, has passed away. This edition of Place Royal has a wonderful clip of them meeting last November in Luxembourg.

Grand Duke, Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg (M.) gets doctor title honour title Dr. H.C. “doctor Honoris Causa”. Also Gratulanten honour Ministers of State Jacques Santer, prime minister Jean-Claude Juncker, H. Michel Pigeon, chose rector of the Laval university rector of the Laval university of Quebec, Rolf Tarrach, rector of the University of Luxembourg, in Luxembourg, assigned to by Quebec, chamber president Lucien Weiler, Claude Dube

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/topixx/data/pre-SEEGER_00182354.jpg
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/topixx/data/pre-SEEGER_00182353.jpg

Does anybody know why he has been given this honorairy doctorate?
Good to see the old Grand Duke btw, still in every inch a gentleman.

Marengo said:
Does anybody know why he has been given this honorairy doctorate?
Good to see the old Grand Duke btw, still in every inch a gentleman.

I believe the old Grand Duke attended Laval University before joining the British Army in WWII. The doctorate probably honors him for his long service to Luxembourg.

Grand Duke Jean was present at a photoshoot on the occassion of the engagement of his granddaughter ADss. Marie-Christine of Austria to Count Rodolphe of Limburg-Stirum. Look here for the pictures.

As I noted in that thread, GD Jean is looking very frail.

Does anyone know if he has been ill?

:luxstandard:
HRH Grand Duke Jean ( 87) had a total hip replacement (right side) at the St.Jan Clinic,Brussels,
as was announced by the Grand Ducal Court today.

The operation was a succes and the patient is doing well.

Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Last edited:
He seems to be in good health

Good to see GD Jean up and about. He seems to be doing well. Being active, not just staying cooped up in that palace, should be good for him.

Why has he been admitted to the hospital? I hope nothing serious...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom