Grand Duke Jean and the late GD Joséphine-Charlotte, Part 2: April 2005 - April 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Four of the five Children , all the Grandchildren of the Grand Duke are missing that is a lot.

Wonderful family photo.

Yeah... I agree with Biri. It would have been nicer with more family members.
I understand it's difficult to gather such a large family together and it's not a milestone birthday but how often does someone turn 98?!

Maybe the photo was taken after the holidays when most folks return to work/school?

On a side note, I do appreciate Japan's IHA being extra and always stating when photos/video were taken. Hehehe.

Nice to see the photo, though like others here I do wish the others were there as it seems like the photo is lacking in family members! It's a shame that Louis's sons weren't included, though IIRC they're still on holiday with Tessy in Switzerland at the moment. I wonder why Amalia and Liam weren't there.

Nice to see the photo, though like others here I do wish the others were there as it seems like the photo is lacking in family members! It's a shame that Louis's sons weren't included, though IIRC they're still on holiday with Tessy in Switzerland at the moment. I wonder why Amalia and Liam weren't there.

Because their parents weren't there either I suppose :flowers:

Jean's greatgrandchildren by Imre and Christoph also weren't there. Only 2 of his 5 children were present :ermm: (although Guillaume's wife and daughter were present; as were Marie-Astrid's daughters and youngest son).

Guillaume and Stéphanie are in London? I found it strange that they were not in the picture.

We can not draw conclusions. It is possible that the picture was the moment frozen. But maybe it was a coming and going if family on Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family, Current Events, Part 5 (Sept. 2017 - present)

I know they probably wanted to release a photo on the day of GD Jean’s birthday, but it would’ve been nice to release even an old group photo with more relatives or a photo taken later on this month when everyone or virtually everyone was back. It’s a pity that today is during Christmas holiday season I suppose!

Because their parents weren't there either I suppose :flowers:.

Yes, I guess that’s a given since they wouldn’t be on their own for the photo since they’re both still pre-school aged children. I should’ve included their parents in my question.

Last edited:
Grand Duke Jean has been hospitalised following a pulmonary infection.

I wish him a quick and full recovery. At his age this kind of illness can be serious.

Wishing Grand Duke Jean a full and smooth recovery!

I have had an unexpected pulmonary problem last week and I can assure that it is an utterly misrable condition, even for a big and tough person like me. But the Grand-Duke, on his advanced age and in frail state, will certainly feel it double that hard. Phew.... I wish a speedy recovery to the Grand-Duke!

Last edited:
Oh dear, I hope GD Jean gets well soon. As others have said, a hospital visit at his age isn't a good sign. :sad:

In which hospital would he be hospitalized? Is there one hospital that is typically used by the grand ducal family or does it depend on the medical condition?

Given the advanced age of the Grand Duke it must be a concern for the Ducal family and especially the condition.

My thoughts are with him. What a sad Easter, with all what happened today.

Oh dear. That doesn't sound good. May God bless this dignified, elegant and brave man.

What a life.

What sad news. If it is time to go, let it be without suffering.

Wishing both grand duke Jean and his family peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom