Grand Duke Jean and the late GD Joséphine-Charlotte, Part 2: April 2005 - April 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What sad news on Easter Sunday,the fact that his family have been called is not a good sign.

My family and I have been down this route early last year with my father. My thoughts and prayers are with the Ducal family in this difficult time.

Wishing him well. Thankfully all of his family members were able to come to his side.

Doesn't sound good. That his family has been called is a sign that he may not have long time left... If God calls him back home soon, i hope he has inner and outer peace ??

He has had a remarkable life. Fighted personally in WW2. Sadly that generation is starting to dissapear...

I hope his situation is not too bad to pray for a miracle.

Thinking of him and the GDF. I hope he's comfortable.

Yes at this point in time, GD Jean's comfort should be first and foremost. May God bless him and his family during this time.

Sad news. If we are being told, and his family is with him, his time is likely near :sad:

He has lived an amazing long life. He joined the Irish guards and helped liberate Brussels and later Luxembourg. Five children, twenty two grandchildren and fifteen great-grandchildren:flowers:

He has not only survived past his wife, but four of his five younger siblings.

Hope he is in peace surrounded by his loved ones, in what time he has left.

Is there any update on Grand Duke Jean's condition?

Apparently not,the next update will be of a different character if one can call it that.I just hope he's comfortable and free to be united with His Maker as it apparently is his time to rejoin.Bon voyage.

Nothing new from the Grand Ducal Court. I don't think they will say anything more until he passes away or miraculously recovers. The last statement that his health has deteriorated to the point that his entire family (his 5 children) has been called to his bedside is a signal that the doctors don't expect him to be here much longer.

Whatever happens, i hope he has inner and outer peace, no pain, and is surrounded by his children and available grandchildren.

The family being called certainly seems to suggest we should expect the worst.

I don't mean to sound callous at all, but at 98 years old he has lived a long life, and lived it to the fullest. I hope he is happily surrounded by his children and grandchildren.

:previous: Exactly right...if one reads between the lines, the last bulletin from the Court was worded in a way that will make the next one announcing that HRH has passed on appear natural, expected.

But I have not given up hope yet. At this point no news is good news, imo.

The last moments of the most interesting Royal in Europe and the most loved from his people , just as his Mother.

The family being called certainly seems to suggest we should expect the worst.

I don't mean to sound callous at all, but at 98 years old he has lived a long life, and lived it to the fullest. I hope he is happily surrounded by his children and grandchildren.

Agree. Jean has had a very long and fulfilling life and whilst it's very sad that it seems he is nearing the end, it will certainly not be a life wasted. I hope he can live his final days in peace and comfort (unless he miraculously recovers but I sadly doubt it) surrounded by his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom