General Information and Questions about the Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember to have read in a biography of Archduke Otto that when his daughter Gabriela was born in Luxemburg in 1956, he makes her register to the registry office in Luxemburg as "Archduchess of Austria, Royal Princess of Hungary and Bohemia", while in Germany he cannot do it with his eldest daughters.
So I think that if they are Luxemburgian citizens or if they have Luxemburgian passports they can be registred as Archdukes of Austria, Royal Princes of Hungary and Bohemia.

1) I was wondering how engagement of Guillaume will look like? Is it gonna be big as Crown prince Frederick and Mary Donaldson or just announcement? What about Felix? And Alexandra and Sebastian?
2) There is a law which protect family from press, does it extend on girlfriends of princes? I know they not family members, but in case of engagement will press hunting on girls (like on Maxima, Mary, Marie) or just live them alone (like it was with Tessy)?

1) I was wondering how engagement of Guillaume will look like? Is it gonna be big as Crown prince Frederick and Mary Donaldson or just announcement? What about Felix? And Alexandra and Sebastian?
Likely their engagements will be small affairs. Not many outside Luxembourg know about these royals, and due to Luxembourg's small size and anonymity, there won't be a huge fuss like it was with CP Frederick and CP Mary.

2) There is a law which protect family from press, does it extend on girlfriends of princes? I know they not family members, but in case of engagement will press hunting on girls (like on Maxima, Mary, Marie) or just live them alone (like it was with Tessy)?
Such law does not exist. The press in Luxembourg just don't seem to care really for spreading dirt on its royals. There is a tabloid or two that is concerned with the royals, Promi being the most familiar one. I doubt there wil be any "hunting" of possible future princess.

I hope that helped. :flowers:

Galas

Are there any galas in Luxembourg that the family attends every year? I'm thinking of how there is the Nobel Ceremony in Sweden and the Rose Ball in Monaco.

Are there any galas in Luxembourg that the family attends every year? I'm thinking of how there is the Nobel Ceremony in Sweden and the Rose Ball in Monaco.

Along the lines of the 2 you mentioned, I can only think of the gala associated with National Day.

Princess Alexandra

Hello:

Is princess Alexandra of Luxembourg dating anyone right now??

Thanks

Likely their engagements will be small affairs. Not many outside Luxembourg know about these royals, and due to Luxembourg's small size and anonymity, there won't be a huge fuss like it was with CP Frederick and CP Mary.

I think that the HGD engagement would be a huge thing in Luxembourg but not around the world like it was with CP Frederick and CP Mary.

CP Frederick was if I'm not mistaken quite known around the world as a "bachelor prince" so I guess the big fuss came with him settling down while HGD Guillaume doesn't seems to be his life as the "bachelor prince"

I think that the HGD engagement would be a huge thing in Luxembourg but not around the world like it was with CP Frederick and CP Mary.

CP Frederick was if I'm not mistaken quite known around the world as a "bachelor prince" so I guess the big fuss came with him settling down while HGD Guillaume doesn't seems to be his life as the "bachelor prince"

I think it really depends on where the women he marries is from. If he were to marry an American, for example, the US press would certainly make a big deal out of it. All the glossy magazines would dedicated a cover to it. In Australia another Princess would be a big deal.

I think in the general European region where people know about Luxembourg it will make news. German, French, Swiss, Spanish, Belgian, and Dutch coverage would be expected.

Yes you are right in that Lalla Meriem. What I meant was it will probably not get the same attention in the world press as CP Frederick and CP Mary or Prince William since Lux Royals aren't as public as the other royal houses. But yes obviously it will get press and as you said it depends on where the girl is from.

Well, he refers to Lëtzebuergers and not Luxembourgers, luxembourgeois, or Luxemburgers I therefore assume he is speaking Luxembourgish. I can understand German fair enough (not perfectly) and I miss parts of what he's saying. A German would not say Lëtzebuergers or Lëtzebuergerland.

Yes, the video is from the 2008 Tour de France.

Later in the video Andy Schleck is speaking and he is definitely speaking Luxembourgish and I hardly understand anything he says except his last phrase which is a common phrase and is even used by Felix when he comments.

There is a video of the Grand Duke speaking Luxembourgish He speaks very clearly and slowly you can hear the slowest and clearest Luxembourgish ever from the Grand Duke. I listen to him to tune my ears to Luxembourgish.here.

If I improve a little bit my Deutsch, I mean Germany, I would understand some of this? Fact he speak very slowly and clearly, I'm impressed, not like William who speaks English that way that it's hard to understand anything. Luxembourgish has much in connom with German? That isn't German dialect or sth?

Can we see any video when MT, Guillaume speaking? GD Henri has nice voice, however I prefer english or french ( I don't speak french but it sound nice, light and... clear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm impressed. Guillaume so sweet. He doesn't look so shy when he welcomed guests. However I'm shy too and people don't see it in some situations. He looks relax and he likes prince Frederik I think.

I imagine Felix in another way but it's amazing to see them speaking not only on photos. Thanks all for videos!

Yes.... He speaks in I'm not sure what language at about 3:15. It's from last year's Tour de France I believe.

YouTube - Prince Felix speaking

He says he's very Proud and also his Parents, who he was speaking with on telephone.
Luxembourg can be proud he says; 50 years after Luxembourg's Charly Gaull won the Tour de France, in 2008 there where 3 Luxembouger at the podium.
Andy Schleck won the White Jersey.
Frank Schleck won the etappe to Alpe d'Huez.
Kim Kirchen was 4 days in the Yellow Jersey and 1 or 2 days in the Green.

Its really SUPER, he ends!

I love how guillaume serves with happiness to all members of royalty, it looks really sweet!

Astrology

Hi

Does anyone know the time of birth of Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg

I know he was born on the 11/11/81

Sorry to harp on about the question. When a royal baby is born the anouncement usually says at such and such a time a bay Prince/Princess was born.......

There doesn't seem to be any record of the times of this families births

I'm guessing by the title something to do with his astrological profile. :)

Yes. I am an astrologer. I have the basics but in astrology the time of birth is essential

On pictures taken on 29th May (canť find it now, it was some memorial or something) there was Guillaume handing a pen in his right hand (the same hand on which he wear a watch). So I guess he is right-handed in spite of wearing watch on his right hand.

I am ambidextrous and it poses no problems for me when I write with either hand in regards to my watch. However my preferred side to wear it, the watch, is my left, an old habit of many years standing.

They are both right-handed.

There is video of them signing the book on the day of Henri's ascension. They both wrote with their right hands.

Are the family close friends with, or closely related to any other royal families? I know they are closely linked with the Belgians, are there any others?

The Grand Duke's sisters is now married to Prince's of Austria and Lichstenstein. The GD's aunt (I think it is) was a Princess of Sweden, closely related to the King. And I believe it's stated on Alexandra's wiki that she's related to every currently reigning European monarch

Dani90 said:
The Grand Duke's sisters is now married to Prince's of Austria and Lichstenstein. The GD's aunt (I think it is) was a Princess of Sweden, closely related to the King. And I believe it's stated on Alexandra's wiki that she's related to every currently reigning European monarch

The GD's maternal grandmother was Queen Astrid of Belgium who was Princess of Sweden. This makes him King Albert's nephew and a first cousin once removed of King Harald of Norway, whose mother Martha was Astrid's sister as well as a relative of the Swedish and Danish Royal families. I'm sure there are more connections. I haven't heard about this aunt, do you know her name?

Back
Top Bottom