The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-23-2007, 10:04 AM
Aristocracy

Good news!

Perhaps they're doing it in good time, in order to avoid any of the problems seen in other countries over succession issues. This way, there won't be a problem for Guillaume's potential children.

Old 06-23-2007, 10:23 AM
Aristocracy

Yayness! Are they doing this for the future only, i.e. Guillaume's children, or will they do this retroactively and allow Alexandra in the line of succession?

Old 07-13-2007, 05:41 PM
Gentry

you are right. His name is prince Louis he and his now wife tessy had a baby out of wedlock. He still has the title prince louis of luxembourg, but lost his line in succession. His wife tessy and children and future children will not be in the line of succesion and only have the title de nassau.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Commoner

If louis wouldn't have had the baby out of wedlock what title would she be given?i also wanted to ask if the kids of Jean and Margaretha get married will their spouses get any kind of titles?Oh and since in some monarchies the princes/princess have to ask the reigning monarch for permission to marry, does that apply to the Luxembourg royals too ?
Old 07-24-2007, 01:10 PM
Gentry

If louis wouldn't have had his baby out of wedlock Tessy and their children would have the title prince/princess de nassau. I dont think Jeans children spouses would have a title of prince/princess because he gave up his rights they would probably get a title of de nassau like tessy and their children. And I think they do have to get permission i remember reading somewhere about Henri having to ask his father and mother for permission.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabys View Post
If louis wouldn't have had the baby out of wedlock what title would she be given?
Gabriel would have been a Prince de Nassau, Royal Highness.

Quote:
i also wanted to ask if the kids of Jean and Margaretha get married will their spouses get any kind of titles?
I imagine that when Jean's three sons get married their wives will be able to use their husband's title, so that would make them Princesses de Nassau. However, since titles don't pass on through the female line, Marie Gabrielle's husband won't get any kind of title. Margaretha's kids are all Prince/ss of Liechtenstein, and I'm fairly certain it will be handled similarly--when Josef Emmanuel gets married his wife will become a Princess of Liechtenstein, but when Marie Astrid and Maria Annunciata get married their husbands won't get a title.

Quote:
Oh and since in some monarchies the princes/princess have to ask the reigning monarch for permission to marry, does that apply to the Luxembourg royals too ?
Yes, I believe that they all must ask permission of both the Grand Duke and the government, if I'm not mistaken.

Hope this helped.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:07 AM
Gentry

I dont know if this has been discussed but, I have a question. Marie Astrid was born before GD henri. But she didnt take the throne and i know the women dont have equal rights in the grand duchy (monarch-wise). But how come Marie Astrid didnt take the throne? And if women in the monarchy arent treated equivilant to men the how come GD jeans mother Grand Duchess charlotte was able to take the throne?
Old 08-01-2007, 08:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanelWindsor View Post
I dont know if this has been discussed but, I have a question. Marie Astrid was born before GD henri. But she didnt take the throne and i know the women dont have equal rights in the grand duchy (monarch-wise). But how come Marie Astrid didnt take the throne? And if women in the monarchy arent treated equivilant to men the how come GD jeans mother Grand Duchess charlotte was able to take the throne?
Marie-Astrid didn't take the throne because in Luxembourg the succession laws put all male heirs before any females. When Henri was born that knocked Marie Astrid's chances of being Grand Duchess away.

And the reason that Grand Duke Jean's mother Grand Duchess Charlotte came to the throne was because her father, Grand Duke Guillaume IV, and his wife Grand Duchess Maria Anna only had daughters--six of them in fact: Marie Adelaide, Charlotte, Hilda, Antoinette, Elisabeth, and Sophia.

Guillaume IV named Marie Adelaide the heir to the throne, and she ruled from 1912-1919. She abdicated because she had been accused of being too friendly towards the German occupiers of Luxembourg during Word War I, and her sister Charlotte succeeded her because Marie Adelaide never married and had no children.

I hope that helped answer your question.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Gentry

OO thanks you soo much i understand now.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:49 PM
Gentry

Are there any video of prince felix speaking? I cant seem to find any! So if any know of one please let me know.

xoxo
Chanelwindsor
Old 08-30-2007, 01:38 AM

Are Prince Sebastian, Princess Alexandra and Prince Louis religous?
Old 08-30-2007, 08:31 AM
Serene Highness

I would guess somewhat they are. But I guess it would depend on what you think religious is. I am sure they attend mass every week.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:42 PM
Commoner

I have a question about princess margaretha's children. I know that marie astrid's children did not inherit the titles of their mother. But is the same true for Margaretha's children? Do they only have Lichtenstein titles? Also, what are their official titles then? I know that's more like 3 questions but if someone could answer that would be great.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by copenhagen View Post
I have a question about princess margaretha's children. I know that marie astrid's children did not inherit the titles of their mother. But is the same true for Margaretha's children? Do they only have Lichtenstein titles? Also, what are their official titles then? I know that's more like 3 questions but if someone could answer that would be great.
Marie Astrid's children have their father's titles: Prince/Princess Imperial and Archduke/Archduchess of Austria, Prince/Princess Royal of Hungaria and Bohemia with the style of Imperial and Royal Highness (HI & RH)
Margaretha's children have also their fathers title: Prince/Princess of Liechtenstein with the style of Serene Highness (HSH)

Royal Travel and Events

Old 10-10-2007, 05:18 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

What would legally be the name of Marie-Astirds children, as these titles aren´t legally valid since 1918 or so. Imre von Habsburg-Lotharingen or Imre erzherzog von Habsburg-Lotharingen?
Old 10-20-2007, 10:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent View Post
muhahahahahahaha...that's hilarious Solange 'just put a wig on him and some make-up and voila, you have Josephine-Charlotte'!!! yes alot of people look lot like their mother for example Princess Caroline of Monaco and her daughter Charlotte Casiraghi!
....and Princess Grace and Caroline---Caroline's like a darker version of her mother.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:18 AM
Aristocracy

Cooking

This may seem like a stupid question but do the Grand Ducal family have chefs or do they like to cook for each other? i.e. Maria Teresa and Henri cooking for the rest of family, because it seems like they are a close family unit a might enjoy doing things like this, like a more normal family
Old 03-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Nobility

I've seen a few pictures that would suggest that it's a mixture of both. I remember seeing a picture where Henri was cooking up some pasta and they were eating in a normal sized kitchen. But then I imagine that they would also have a chef on hand for when the parents are away.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Aristocracy

Talking

Thanks grim lady, I love your Avatar.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Commoner

Are both Prince Guillaume and Prince Felix left-handed?

I saw that they both their watch on the right hand. Or is this a European trend?