The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Serene Highness

A few video's with Prince Robert.

Chateau Haut-Brion and the Prince of Luxembourg: Party Like it's 1935 - Scene Asia - Scene Asia - WSJ

Old 05-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Commoner

What language does the family primarily speak?

Old 05-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Courtier

I'm pretty sure they speak French mostly. All the interviews I've seen with MT have been in French. They may speak Luxembourgish too, but I get the feeling MT isn't as fluent in Luxembourgish as the rest of the family.

They also all speak German and English, and I know that most of the kids (and MT of course) speak Spanish. I've read that most Luxembourgish people never speak German to each other even though they learn it in school. They speak Luxembourgish or French.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:14 AM
Commoner

it's practical, LOL, you can write with your right-hand and at the same time see the exact time :)
Old 03-16-2014, 07:17 PM
Aristocracy

The Grand Duke and His Prime Ministers

Much has been written and discussed about HM Queen Elizabeth II's relationship with her prime ministers. I wonder if anyone can provide some insight into HRH Grand Duke Henri's relationship with his prime ministers. Do they meet regularly? What is the content of those meetings?

And do we know the extent to which the Grand Duke has influence on his prime minister? I think we all obviously know that Queen Elizabeth doesn't exercise any of her constitutional power, but she does have lots of influence with her prime ministers, which has been of much speculation and analysis. Does the Grand Duke hold considerable influence?
Old 04-21-2017, 05:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Alain Rousseau, the former editor-in-chief of RTL Télé Lëtzebuerg, has formed consultancy firm "Tismo Consulting" and will advise the Grand Ducal Court in communications questions. He quit RTL earlier this year over the "Lunghi affair", a controversial interview between RTL reporter Sophie Schram with the then Mudam director Enrico Lunghi.

Luxemburger Wort - Alain Rousseau arbeitet für den Großherzoglichen Hof
Old Today, 12:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Point de Vue posted their 2014 interview with GD Maria Teresa although it used recent photos. This seemed to be the best thread as it's not exactly current news.

La grande-duchesse de Luxembourg: "J’ai une vie passionnante, pleine de missions et de défis!" - Point de Vue

Summary:
  • Private visits to patients at the end of life. These visits started when she was a student, she'd visit people in a retirement home in Geneva.
  • Design of Mudam and museum works that move her; Luxembourg's art scene
  • Involvement in Burundi and working with Maggy Barankitse; their "Tense Hand Project" has gotten 370 children released from prison.
  • Learning to set precise priorities took a while; for a long time her children were her priority.
  • Forest of Consdorf is a favorite place of relaxation.
  • Deep affection for Queen Sonja of Norway and Queen Silvia of Sweden as fellow commoners marrying into royalty.
  • Contrary to a baseless rumor, GD Charlotte was immediately supportive of her.
  • Disagrees with the cliché that Luxembourg is a tax haven or "a street with banks."
  • Skypes a lot with family. Touched her adult children still want to spend holidays with parents, whether in France, Switzerland or Bavaria.
Quote:
The discretion that governs your life both public and private invites you to ask what you think of the confusion that sometimes make the media between princes and stars. Does this worry you?
[…] The star system is not the monarchical system. These are two different things and the mix of genres is good for neither. My daughters-in-law know that our family has always tried to keep a certain discretion that is appreciated by our fellow citizens. We must be a reflection of his people and the people of Luxembourg respect our privacy. My daughters-in-law have understood this state of mind which, moreover, corresponds to their nature. They are wonderful, intelligent, creative women. And discreet. They are adorable.”

[...]

What special bond do you have with the Hereditary Grand Duchess who is today in the position that was yours?
I do not think we can dream of a better agreement with a daughter-in-law. Stephanie is bright, balanced, everything is easy with her. She is so mature that I do not need to guide her steps. You know, we are almost like friends, even if she always shows respect towards her mother-in-law but, beyond, there is between us a real tenderness. She asks me for advice whenever she wants. But I like that it is she who asks me questions: I do not want to be invasive.
Suppliers to the court

Cinq fournisseurs de la Cour de Luxembourg - Point de Vue

Bernard-Massard Cellars - supplier for 50+ years, Champagne-style wines, and white wines Domaine Bernard-Massard, Clos des Rochers and Domaine Thill. They are also working with Château les Crostes, Prince Felix and Princess Claire's winery.

Namur: pastry supplier since 1904, created desserts for the GD couple's silver wedding anniversary. The court sends requests every 2 years, alternating with Oberweis.

Oberweis: pastry supplier since 1999, made Guillaume and Stephanie's wedding cake. When the first model was presented, GD Maria Teresa asked to lighten the decor.

Schroeder: jewelry. Revised the Art Deco tiara, created diamond rivière for GD Charlotte; GD Jean asked them to create jewels related to nature for his wife; GD Maria Teresa loves pieces of a certain classicism, she appreciates brilliants a lot. They create insignia for orders, such as the Order of the Oak Crown which they deliver 5 or 6 each year.

Villeroy & Boch: porcelain, created limited edition tableware for the HGD wedding; GD Josephine-Charlotte collected the pieces of 'Vieux Luxembourg'.
Old Today, 06:03 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisma View Post
Point de Vue [*]Contrary to a baseless rumor, GD Charlotte was immediately supportive of her
Wasn't it Maria Theresa herself that started those rumours. I've read about a certain press conference a few times - did that really happen?
Old Today, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Wasn't it Maria Theresa herself that started those rumours. I've read about a certain press conference a few times - did that really happen?
That was about her mother-in-law Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte.