The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-13-2012, 05:51 AM
Majesty

Dutch State Visit to Luxembourg: March 20-22, 2012

HM Queen Beatrix of The Netherlands will pay a State Visit to Luxembourg in march 2012.No exact dates have been set yet.

It will be HM 2nd State Visit to Luxembourg and Her 52nd since the start of Her Reign and Luxembourg also was Her first in 1981 together with the late Prince Claus.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Courtier

I wonder if this visit will be now be cancelled? I'm sure HM has more important things on her mind at present and I would imagine all parties involved would be understanding.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:47 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Program for the State Visit

Wednesday March 20th
-Queen Beatrix arrives at Findel Airport.
-Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa will officially welcome Queen Beatrix at the Grand Ducal Palace.
-Queen Beatrix will lay a wreath at the Kanounenhiwwel Monument, the monument was erected in 1971 to commemorate those who died in World War II.
-Queen Beatrix will have audiences with the President of the Luxembourg Parliament, Mr Mosar; the Prime Minister of Luxembourg, Mr Juncker; and the Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister of Luxembourg, Mr Asselborn.
-
Queen Beatrix will be received by the Mayor of Luxembourg City.
-Queen Beatrix and Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume attend a meeting between Luxembourg and Dutch businesses.
-State Banquet at the Grand Ducal Palace.

Thursay March 21st
-Queen Beatrix visits Belval in Esch-sur-Alzette, a new city restored in 2002, to view their infrastructure and construction. In Belval, a visit to the University of Luxembourg's House of Biomedicine.
-Government lunch.
-Queen Beatrix visits SES Astra, a satellite operator. She will tour the satellite control centre and the dish garden, where she will be informed about about the company's newest project, emergency.lu.
-Queen Beatrix hosts an evening concert by the Orchestra of the Eighteenth Century.

Friday March 22nd
-Queen Beatrix will visit the University of Luxembourg, where she will meet with students. She will attend a meeting with the President of the European Investment Bank, Mr Hoyer; the President of the European Court of Justice, Mr Skouris; and Mr Brok, MEP.
-Queen Beatrix will have a reception with the Dutch community in Luxembourg.
-There will be a farewell ceremony at the Grand Ducal Palace to officially conclude the state visit.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The state visit has started today, Queen Beatrix arrived at the airport and was given a warm welcome by Prince Guillaume.

** anp gallery ** belga gallery ** ppe gallery **

** wort.lu: Königin Beatrix in Luxemburg eingetroffen ** translation **

** reuters/daylife gallery - March 20, 2012 **
Old 03-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hope for the State Banquet we will see Princesses Charlotte and Tessy with tiaras.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Royal Highness

You mean princess Alexandra
I don't think so. Alex is studying abroad, and Tessy with family lives in England. They never attended at state dinners and they probably never won't.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Old 03-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Queen Beatrix had a meeting with Prime Minister Jean-Claude Juncker.
And on a different note, I absolutely love this picture of the Grand Ducal couple.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Visit to the Chamber of Commerce.

PPE Agency
Old 03-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Majesty

State Banquet.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2e1yhqv.jpg

courtesy Robin Utrecht
Old 03-20-2012, 04:15 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The small diamond floral tiara for Queen Beatrix and a floral tiara for the Grand Duchess too:

Cheers
Old 03-20-2012, 04:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
The small diamond floral tiara for Queen Beatrix and a bracelet tiara for the Grand Duchess:

Cheers
HM looks absolutely fantastic,mooi,heel mooi.Robin Utrecht,again,captures her most beautifully.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Courtier

Pictures just before the state banquet

Fotos - Photos von Staatsbesuch Koenigin Beatrix in Luxemburg
Old 03-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa's dress looks similar to the dress of Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden at the last nobel prize ceremony!
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:54 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Gala Statebanquet with Queen Beatrix and Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg and Grand Duchess Maria-Theresa and Grand Duke Guillaume at the Royal palace on the first day of the statevisit to Luxembourg.

PPE Agency
Old 03-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Serene Highness

I have never seen the Grand Duchess' tiara before and I thought I had seen them all. Does anyone know it's history? I must say that the Luxembourg jewel collection seems very vast and impressive.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:29 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I think both Queen Beatrix and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa looked beautiful. I'm not normally a fan of shiny gowns, but the ladies pulled it off.
Grand Duke Henri and Prince Guillaume look very smart indeed.

Gallery from Daylife
Old 03-20-2012, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent

What orders are Queen B and the Hereditary Grand Duke wearing?
Old 03-20-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Grand Duchess Maria Teresa's dress looks similar to the dress of Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden at the last nobel prize ceremony!
That's because its also an Elie Saab dress. He has been making a lot of sequined dresses lately.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:51 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
What orders are Queen B and the Hereditary Grand Duke wearing?
- Grand Duke Henri is wearing the Order of the Netherlands Lion (judging by the star, he is a Knight of the Order).
- The Queen is wearing the Order of the Gold Lion of the House of Nassau (she is the Grand Master of the Order)
- Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume is wearing the Order of Orange-Nassau (he is Knight of the Order)