Dutch State Visit to Luxembourg: March 20-22, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A agree with you, they did not had to speak their eyes said what they were feeling.

Queen Beatrix with Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg and Grand Duchess Maria-Theresa and Grand Duke Guillaume at the concert of the 18th century at Cercle Cite in Luxembourg.

PPE Agency

And hats off for her strength, energy and absolute professionalism she shows despite her sorrow!

Hear hear hear!Absolutely,but then she is an Orange Nassau,known for their resilience and strength.Still.Chapeau!:)

Today is the last day of the State Visit.HRH Grand Duchess Maria Teresa's 56th birthday,but the birthday girl will not be in attendance on the visit to the University today due to back pains.

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/royalblognl_news_summary/2012/03/derni%C3%A8re-jour-du-visite-de-la-reine-beatrix.html

courtesy hja

Last edited:
I think both Queen Beatrix and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa looked beautiful. I'm not normally a fan of shiny gowns, but the ladies pulled it off.
Grand Duke Henri and Prince Guillaume look very smart indeed.

Gallery from Daylife without watermarks

I take back what I wrote on MT's fashion thread. These are better pictures and MT looked simply gorgeous in the blue dress.

I agree with all of you - I admire Beatrix a lot for getting on with it, in spite of all her personal sorrows and the grief she must feel inside.

Successful Royal Visit .
I want to know who has to go first.
The Grand Duke Henri paid a State Visit in the Netherlands and the Queen came in Luxembourg secondly because in 1981 the then Grand Duke was Jean.

In other words a Junior Monarch has to go to a Senior Monarch.
I do not understand why King Albert II never went to the UK on State Visit ?

"I do not understand why King Albert II never went to the UK on State Visit ? "
The Uk gov't would have to extend an invitation and presumably there has been no good reason to do so since he has come to the throne.

"I do not understand why King Albert II never went to the UK on State Visit ? "
The Uk gov't would have to extend an invitation and presumably there has been no good reason to do so since he has come to the throne.

Well, normally protocol dictates a monarch to visit his european counterparts one by one after he/ she ascended the throne. If you look at all the kings and queens of europe, everyone has done so and it´s indeed a mystery why King Albert, after 19 years (!) on the belgian throne, has left out Britain as the only monarchy he hasn´t visited officially so far!
Elizabeth II for instance, began with Norway, because King Haakon VII was the longest reigning monarch at the time, after her Commonwealth world tour from 1953/54 - a tour that originally was postponed due to her sudden accession in Kenia and had to be cut short because of her father´s death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom