Dutch Introductory Visit to Luxembourg: May 24, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Robijn

Moderator Emeritus , Royal Blogger
City
-
Country
Netherlands

Nl-arms.gif

The Coat of Arms of the Kingdom of The Netherlands

The new King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima of the Netherlands will visit Luxembourg for an introductory visit on 24 May 2013.

Announcement in Dutch: Koning en Koningin bezoeken Luxemburg en Duitsland - Het Koninklijk Huis

This topic will be opened closer to the date of the visit.

TM have arrived in Luxembourg for a one day introductory visit and were welcomed at the airport by Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa.

Thanks for the picture. The mood is very exciting.

Will they be doing more of these Introductory Visits?

Is there a schedule available for us to see for today? I'm really curious to see what they'll be doing in such a short visit

Is there a schedule available for us to see for today? I'm really curious to see what they'll be doing in such a short visit

It's all done now, it was a rather informal visit. (Only a private luncheon and meetings with Luxembourgish dignitaries such as the Grand Duke, the prime minister, members of government and parliament.)

It's all done now, it was a rather informal visit. (Only a private luncheon and meetings with Luxembourgish dignitaries such as the Grand Duke, the prime minister, members of government and parliament.)

oh, rather disapointing. I thought we would see more pictures at them visiting some places and interacting with people.
Nevermind, they all looked great and Queen Maxima seemed to be having a good chat with Grand-Duke Henri

Will they be going to the UK and meeting up with The Queen at some point? I like the idea of these short Introductory Visits.

Will they be going to the UK and meeting up with The Queen at some point? I like the idea of these short Introductory Visits.

I think only Denmark and Germany are planned so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weren't they going to meet with Guillaume and Stéphanie as well?

I think only Denmark and Germany are planned so far.

The Denmark visit is an introductory visit. The visit to Germany was announced in March as an official working visit (something on those lines).

Last edited:
Everyone looked lovely. As a petite woman, however, I must admit that I feel for Maria Teresa standing near the statuesque Maxima. Ugh!

Everyone looked lovely. As a petite woman, however, I must admit that I feel for Maria Teresa standing near the statuesque Maxima. Ugh!

I know what you mean. Maxima is so tall that she even looks taller than Henri. With those heels, she must be over six feet tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom