Closing of the Octave of Our Lady of Luxembourg: May 17, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Robijn

Moderator Emeritus , Royal Blogger
City
-
Country
Netherlands
Will the Grand Ducal family attend the Closing of the Octave of Our Lady of Luxembourg this year. I believe it is today.

Yes, it is today. However, the actual services begin at 6pm (18:00) Luxembourg time according to the signs posted in front of the cathedral. It is not yet even 12:30 in Luxembourg. No sign of the GD family yet. The procession that will proceed the services also hasn't started.

The first gallery of photos has been posted on RTL. It does not YET include any photos of the GD family, as they don't seem to have made an appearance thus far. The gallery will be updated later in the day.

And what exactly it is? Is it important event? I've never heard about it. Sound nice.

Thank you for the information lalla merien, all the Gfamily looks nice, , but the more beautiful was felix!!!!

still no picture?

May 17, 2009: TRH the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess, HRH Prince Félix, HRH Prince Louis and Tessy de Nassau, HRH Princess Alexandra and HRH Prince Sébastian attended the closing of the Octave of Our Lady of Luxembourg.

On the balcony, Gabriel and Noah joined the family.

Pictures:
RTL.lu - Event Fotoen

(You will have to search because it's not just pictures of the Grand Ducal family)

What a joy to see the young ones again !

The children of tessy and louis are very cute!!!!

The ladies it was very elegant, for my the more elegant was alexandra.

And the gentlemen also were very elegant, the best undoubtedly forever is felix!!!!!

That wrong that not take part guillaume!!!

thanks for the gallery

It was lovely to see Gabriel and Noah on the balcony but a shame the pictures were from far away. The Grand Duke and Duchess seem like doting grandparents:flowers:

Hopefully, as the week goes on more pictures will emerge. Tom Wagner finally loaded pics of the Octave preparations from earlier so perhaps he will load pics from the actual Octave Procession. There is a small piece on Wort.lu with a nice picture, but otherwise the RTL gallery is it. The GD website usually updates in the afternoon so hopefully they'll also put up a pic or two.

I missed seeing Guillaume there. He must have something important going on for him to miss the Octave of Our Lady of Luxembourg.

Loooove Alexanra's look :flowers: Did she wear this jaket for one of National day? ;)

The offical website has a few pictures with info about the Octave here.

Loooove Alexanra's look :flowers: Did she wear this jaket for one of National day? ;)

She wore this outfit minus the hat at the wedding of Prince Louis and Tessy.

And I think you might be correct too.

Josette

Thank you ! It is obvious Princess Alexandra and Tessy are good friends !

I LOVE THE PICTURES!!!! It is always wonderful to see this family

Thanks you for posting the pictures the family looks to be very close. I think my favourite picture was of Sebastien holding an umbrella to keep himself and Tessy dry while Louis had his own umbrella!

It's good to see the whole (almost, except for Guillaume) family out and about again! And we should see them again in June for the National day celebrations.

Thanks for all the pictures and info everyone! Gabriel and Noah are SO big now! Everyone looks wonderful.

Thank you for all the pictures! It's great to see the Luxembourg royal family together, especially Gabriel and Noah joining them on the balcony for the first time. The little boys are so big and really cute!:flowers:

And Guillaume??? where has he???...:(

Not, she`s wearing in Louis and Tessy wedd... remember you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Octave of Our Mady of Luxembourg

It is a religious festival based on an annual pilgrimage to the Luxembourg Cathedral to worship Our Lady of Luxembourg on the third Sunday after Easter it attracts pagan participants, who profit from setting up food and souvenir stalls across from the Cathedral. A Solemn procession ends the festival on the fifth Sunday after Easter. :flowers:

Isn't it strange that we don't see Guillaume? As I understand it, this is a major national event.

This photo is very pretty, I am charmed with this family, like they look, because we can see that all it has good relation. Simply this family is amazing and Fabulous, I love all!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom