Luxembourg Castles, Palaces and Royal Residences

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When HGD Guillaume gets married is there a castle where he and his wife can live or would there be in a house that the family already owns

Josefine said:
When HGD Guillaume gets married is there a castle where he and his wife can live or would there be in a house that the family already owns

I would imagine that they would live in the Fischbach castle, for the simple reason that when Henri and MT married, that's where they moved into.

suturegeisha said:
I would imagine that they would live in the Fischbach castle, for the simple reason that when Henri and MT married, that's where they moved into.

thank you

do they have a summer house soemwhere

Duke said:
Luxembourg look like a nice places with many good scenary!!
Anymore photos about it!! By the way, is Luxembourg famous for anything, like chocolate?? And do the luxembourg royals led a very luxurious and spoil life, are they very rich or are they very down-to-earth?

take a look at wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxembourg

Are there any pictures of their house where they live at?:D Or maybe the street?

ive been to the palace...well i wasnt able to go in but its soo beautiful. At the front, theyve got this lady (army lady) who was marching around. it was very entertaining. Ill try 2 post sum pics if i can find them

who lives in which castle right now?

Does anyone know how to get to the Colmar Berg, like what city is it in?--Luxembourg City?? What street?

Mathilde1286 said:
Does anyone know how to get to the Colmar Berg, like what city is it in?--Luxembourg City?? What street?

It's in the town of Berg. It has lovely gardens surrounding it, and neither the palace or the gardens is open to the public. IIRC, it has 200 rooms.

The Grand Ducal Palace is the one in Luxembourg City, but no one lives there- it's just used for official functions and houses offices and reception rooms. You can tour this palace.

Berg isn't too far from Luxembourg city, though. Nothing is too far away from the city of Luxembourg in Luxembourg.

somebody know the Gral Ducal Palace Address???...thanks...where is it?:confused:

if u go on www.nettyroyal.nl, click on Royal Houses which is located on the left hand side of the site, a page will come up with the words Reigning Royal Houses in Europe,click on The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. This will bring you to another page with the Royal Family's Coat of Arms (the red lion with blue and white stripes for a background), scroll past all the info about the royal family, and you'll find Address. I don't think that writing to this address will get you a response from the Grand Duke (or HGD Guillaume), because the Grand Ducal palace is now used as the center of government. you'll probably recieve a letter from the Prime Minister, whose name eludes me at the moment. Anyways, i searched further on the subject of the Grand Ducal palace, and the only explaination that i found for where it is located is the center of the city of Luxembourg. which is kind of ambiguous (i think that's the right word) since i dont think any of us know the size of Luxembourg city or have a map on hand of the place. i hope this is helpful.

The Grand Ducal Palace has a section that's used by the royal family, so you might get a response.

puppigurl2005 said:
There are some nice pics of Fischbach Castle on Seegerpress. I don't how to get them off the sight, if someone knows how, please tell me.

Oh, and there is a birds eye view of Colmar Berg on Seegerpress too. I still cant figure out how to take the pics off.
Click on the pics you want. They should open in a new window. Save the pics to your hard drive. Get a photobucket account. Upload the pics to photobucket (the site does all the hard work, you just have to locate the pics on your hard drive). Then come back here and use the IMG tags to post the pics.

**There is also a way to use photobucket by linking directly to the website, but some sites don't allow that, so I told you the foolproof way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the grand ducal palace.. it is one of the most beautiful palaces.. simple, refined, elegant and glamorous!

Hi, I've been lurking for a bit just getting a feel of the ropes and learning about the Grand-Ducal family (and others) on the forum. Although I understood the French website, I did a quick search and found this website, the same as above, partly in English about the Chateau De Vianden.

http://www.castle-vianden.lu/english/index.html

Hope that helps anyone who needs it. And I wanted to say thanks for all the marvelous information you all provide here. I've been enjoying this forum very much. Take care.

~Megan

suturegeisha said:
[sorry, it's only in German or French, no English]

Hope I helped. :D

I've got no problem with German :D

thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody know if all their castles were bought from the Orange-Nassau's in 1890 or did they buy a few of them later and from others to?

The Grand Ducal Palace will be opened to the public during the summer from july 15th till august 31st.Admission is Euro 6 including a tour.

Back
Top Bottom