The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 07-18-2019, 11:58 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 20,209
Belgian State Visit to Luxembourg: October 15-17, 2019

Only have this tweet to confirm it however...

https://twitter.com/brittani_91/stat...658905603?s=20
__________________

__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-18-2019, 01:58 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Only have this tweet to confirm it however...

https://twitter.com/brittani_91/stat...658905603?s=20
It is included in the official agenda of the Belgian monarchy.

The two royal families have a warm relationship and are closely related. King Philippe is a first cousin of Grand Duke Henri, and the latter is technically a member of the Belgian royal family.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-18-2019, 03:31 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 5,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
It is included in the official agenda of the Belgian monarchy.

The two royal families have a warm relationship and are closely related. King Philippe is a first cousin of Grand Duke Henri, and the latter is technically a member of the Belgian royal family.



I was hoping for a state visit to Spain or the UK, but I guess that is not going to happen so soon. Hopefully we will see more of Queen Fabiola's jewels on Queen Mathilde.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-18-2019, 04:46 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 4,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I was hoping for a state visit to Spain or the UK, but I guess that is not going to happen so soon. Hopefully we will see more of Queen Fabiola's jewels on Queen Mathilde.

Spain is still having Problems because there is still no new goverment. I'm actually surpised that there will be a belgian State Visit as they too don't have a new government since the election in May and in Beglium it usually takes time.

Would be great to see ths spanish Wedding gift tiara in luxembourg if it is availible for Mathilde. And it would also be a good occasion for Grand Duchess Maria Teresa to bring out the Empire tiara.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-09-2019, 11:33 AM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 17,563
Grand Duchess María Teresa misses the Belgian state visit because of her surgery next week. Her daughter-in-law, hereditary grand-duchess Stéphanie takes her place.


https://t.co/nONNcZZcbT?amp=1
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-09-2019, 12:06 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 4,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Grand Duchess María Teresa misses the Belgian state visit because of her surgery next week. Her daughter-in-law, hereditary grand-duchess Stéphanie takes her place.


https://t.co/nONNcZZcbT?amp=1
Not surprising. Really a pitiy as it is the cousin of the Grand Duke who comes with his wife.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-09-2019, 12:45 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 9,176
Well, now the HGD has an opportunity to step up to the plate. It shouldn't be difficult, Belgium is her native country and she is already good friends with Their Majesties.


I wish for a speedy recovery for MT.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-15-2019, 03:21 AM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 17,563
King Philippe and Queen Mathilde leave for a state visit to Luxembourg. With the train that has been specially laid in for them and the Belgian delegation from Brussels-Luxembourg station. Five carriages for around 100 passengers.


https://www.belgaimage.be/#/gallery/6747138
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-15-2019, 04:34 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 24,481
Its a pity that the Grand Duchess will be absent from this State Visit.
__________________

16th of November,1528 : Birth of Jeanne d'Albret,Queen of Navarre
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-15-2019, 10:08 AM
Blog Real's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 3,273
Soon at the banquet should be Grand Duke Henri and Prince Guillaume and Princess Stephanie. Will anyone else from the Luxembourg Grand-Ducal Family be present?
__________________
My blogs about monarchies
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-15-2019, 10:22 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 5,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
King Philippe and Queen Mathilde leave for a state visit to Luxembourg. With the train that has been specially laid in for them and the Belgian delegation from Brussels-Luxembourg station. Five carriages for around 100 passengers.


https://www.belgaimage.be/#/gallery/6747138

Why such a big delegation ? It looks extravagant to me to take 100 people to a state visit to neighboring Luxembourg.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-15-2019, 10:29 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 4,731
Wonmder why Guillame and Stephanie where not prtesent at the Welcome ceremony. It had previously been announced that Stephanie would replace the Grand Duchess and she usually takes part there.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-15-2019, 10:31 AM
Blog Real's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 3,273
Photo of Grand Dukes Henri and Maria Teresa with the Kings of the Belgians. The photo must have been taken at Berg Castle.

https://scontent.flis6-1.fna.fbcdn.n...e7&oe=5E1E3127
__________________
My blogs about monarchies
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-15-2019, 11:35 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: KL, Germany
Posts: 5
There was no time to go to Berg and the carpet looks like the carpet at the Palais
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-15-2019, 11:39 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 20,976
I heard on the Flemish radio news that the king and queen used 'the government train' -with a royal crown on it- for the first time. I never knew Belgium had such a train.

A nice photo of the four together. The Grand Duchess looks informal but great in her white blouse.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-15-2019, 11:55 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bay Area, United States
Posts: 4,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Wonmder why Guillame and Stephanie where not prtesent at the Welcome ceremony. It had previously been announced that Stephanie would replace the Grand Duchess and she usually takes part there.
According to the agenda, Grand Duke Henri accompanies the King and Queen for most of the visit. HGD Stephanie accompanies Queen Mathilde for some events on October 16.

Visite d'État au Luxembourg de LL.MM. le roi et la reine des Belges — gouvernement.lu // Le gouvernement luxembourgeois
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-15-2019, 01:22 PM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,726
I hope Hed Grand Duchess Stephanie will receive the Leopold Order , our highest Order.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-15-2019, 01:37 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 2,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Spain is still having Problems because there is still no new goverment. I'm actually surpised that there will be a belgian State Visit as they too don't have a new government since the election in May and in Beglium it usually takes time.

Would be great to see ths spanish Wedding gift tiara in luxembourg if it is availible for Mathilde. And it would also be a good occasion for Grand Duchess Maria Teresa to bring out the Empire tiara.

I don´t know if we talk about the same tiara - but if we do, I guess it will never leave its vault again: it was a gift from Franco, a man we today regard as one of the meanest dictators, under whose regime 1000s of people were killed, napped or tortured.
I was wondering, too, why Fabiola never passed it on to her successors as I must admit, it looked quite beautiful and the royal ladies of Belgium don´t really "bathe" in jewellery - until I learned it was a gift for her from the "Generalissimo"... So, it would be highly politically incorrect of the current Queen in today´s standards to use it.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-15-2019, 01:43 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 9,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I heard on the Flemish radio news that the king and queen used 'the government train' -with a royal crown on it- for the first time. I never knew Belgium had such a train.

A nice photo of the four together. The Grand Duchess looks informal but great in her white blouse.
No it is just an old passenger train with visible bumps in the aluminium on which a sticker is glued with the royal Arms. See the shocking state of the train the Belgian Railways thought it was a perfect representation: https://static.lavenir.net/Assets/Im...=downscaleonly

Mathilde has traveled with the Dutch royal train which exist out of one specific made wagon and two former Intercity Plus-wagons transformed into accompanying wagons, in the same livery, to form a coherent looking train with own staff:
https://cdn.indicium.nu/source/beau-...h=380&fit=crop

State Visit or no State Visit, not even a plant or a nice plaid, good heavens... :
https://static.standaard.be/Assets/I...400&scale=both
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cape Verde State Visit to Luxembourg: May 7-9, 2019 {Postponed} Prisma Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg 2 04-24-2019 03:20 PM
(Belgian) Congo and the Belgian Royal Family episcogal Belgian Royal History 18 09-28-2017 12:31 PM
Belgian Introductory Visit to Luxembourg: December 2, 2013 lucien Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg 8 12-02-2013 03:40 PM
Belgian State Visit to Ireland; 8-10 October 2007 stephanievl King Albert II and Queen Paola 18 10-11-2007 08:33 PM
Belgian State Visit to Morocco; 5-7 October 2004 clouseau King Albert II and Queen Paola 47 08-13-2006 09:54 AM




Popular Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor aristocracy bangladesh bavaria;house;chef;luitpold;ludwig belgian royal belgian royal family birthday celebration charles of wales crown prince hussein's future wife crusades current events cypher danish royalty denmark duchess of cambridge duchess of sussex duke & duchess of cambridge; duke of sussex dutch royal family family search felipe vi foundation french royalty friendly city future future wife of prince hussein germany greece hamdan bin mohammed headship hill jerusalem king salman lithuania lithuanian palaces meghan markle memoir mohammed vi monaco history monaco royal monarchism mountbatten netflix nobel prize norway history official visit pakistan prince daniel prince harry princess benedikte princess margaret qe2 rown royal children royal tour russian imperial family saudi arabia savoy saxony south africa spain spanish history state visit state visit to denmark sweden swedish royalty tracts trump valois visit from sweden


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:37 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises
×