Baptism Photos, Godparents and Godchildren of the Grand Ducal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited by a moderator:
josephine11101927 said:
jean andre is exactly

No. The child is called Jean, like his grandfather, by the family. But his full names are Jean André Guillaume Marie Gabriel Marc d'Aviano. André is for his godfather Andrea Arranha Corrêa do Lago, husband of Aliki Weiller, sister of Sibilla; Gabriel for his godmother, Gabriele, Gräfin (countess) von Waldburg zu Zeil und Trauchburg. Marie and all forms of Guillaume are traditional names for all the children of the grand ducal family. Marc d'Aviano is a traditional name in the Habsburg family but I don't see why they have given this name to their son.
So definitely the usual name of the child is Jean.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
I wonder if they call them big Jean and little Jean when they are just with the family.

big Jean - middle Jean - little Jean

Jean ist Jean's son and Jean is Jean's grandson :rolleyes:

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
But really, what else would they call all of the Jeans in their family.

Grandpa
Uncle Jean
& Jeanito ;) or "son of uncle Guillaume" (there are two Guillaume's, too)

Neither can I, but that may be because I'm not a member of the groups.

You do need to be registered in order to view pictures in a Yahoo group.

Guillaume is also godfather to Prinses Ariane of the Netherlands.

I just noticed the Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg playing the guitar at the Christening of Prince Liam at the Vatican.

Lovely photos. Princess Amalia seems to have a close bond with her baby brother.

Prince Guillaume does play the guitar quite skillfully. It is good when young children have a close bond at a young age.

Baptisms of Princes Felix, Louis, Alexandra and Sebastien

I decided to start a topic about the baptisms of Princes Felix, Louis, Alexandra and Sebastian.

Prince Félix was born in 3 June 1984 at the Grand Duchess Charlotte Maternity Hospital in Luxembourg. He is the second of the five children of Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, the others being: Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume, Prince Louis, Princess Alexandra and Prince Sébastien. His godparents are Prince Jean and Catalina Mestre. He was named after his great-grandfather, Prince Felix of Bourbon-Parma.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-yx3FPeoj...LcBGAsYHQ/s1600/El+Post+en+WordPress_com.jpeg

Prince Louis of Luxembourg (Luis Javier María Guillermo), was born on August 3, 1986 in Luxembourg; he is the third son of the Grand Dukes Enrique and María Teresa of Luxembourg. Besides prince of Luxembourg, he is prince of Nassau. His godparents are Javier Sanz and his paternal aunt, Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein (born Margaretha of Luxembourg).

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-I9AaJ2-u...328bfff8c55a--the-first-row-maria-theresa.jpg

Guillaume so young - still a child, in fact - and he was already a godfather?

Princess Alexandra was born in 16 February 1991 at Grand Duchess Charlotte Maternity Hospital in Luxembourg, She is the fourth child and only daughter of Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa.

Alexandra's godparents are Michel, 14th Prince of Ligne, and Princess Maria-Anna Galitzine, born an Archduchess of Austria.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VKJ2Im_p...HQ/s1600/c357e761a1fd24f5e6cf7b9c700902b8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom