Grand Duke Jean's 95th Birthday Celebrations: January 9, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
May be that the dress of Countess Marie Christine de Limburg-Stirum looks a bit odd, but I would not be surprised if she was expecting her third child.

All the older grandchildren paid a tribute to their grandfather after the concert

Last edited:
Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy comes from a traditional and conservative countryside background and married into a family with a traditional and conservative countryside background. No Rania-like fashionistas wobbling on Louboutins in the Grand-Duchy.

Stéphanie in beige gown

Stéphanie in mourning

Stéphanie in greyish green

Stéphanie in lightblue lace

Stéphanie in rose

Stéphanie in cobaltblue lace

Stéphanie in beige gala

Stéphanie in antracite gala

Stéphanie in grey

There is not much wrong with her outfits. It is only very Tüchtig, as might be expected from Luxembourg...

:flowers:

i admire stephanie for her classic wardrobe choices which denote her upbringing, and i'm glad about there not being wobbly louboutins out there :) we have enough of those royals out there if we want to check that style out! well done to stephanie for staying true to herself. i think it has to be applauded.

having said that, i think she could do with having clothes fitted to suit her body.

Happy birthday to Grand Duke Jean! Rather surprised that there wasn't any representation from Great Britain, Denmark, Sweden, and Norway.

This seems to be more of a family and close friends event. However I wouldn't be surprised if GD Jean received many birthday wishes from the other reigning monarchs.:)

Were Grand Duke Jean's surviving sisters, the Dowager Countess of Holstein-Ledreborg and the Dowager Princess of Ligne present?

It doesn't seem so, which considering they are 90 and 86, may not have been the easiest trip for them. But children of theirs are in attendance. Marie Gabrielle's daughter Countess Antonia Charlotte Jeanette Marie Holstein til Ledreborg who it seems is a nun or a member of a holy order from what I read, and the Dowager Princess de line's daughter Anna and her 2nd husband were both in attendance. Both nieces are goddaughters of Jean.

Thank you. Yes, they probably didn't attended because of difficulties related to their ages.

I think the Dowager Princess of Ligne's last public appearence was at the wedding of HGD Guillaume, in 2012. She did not attended her granddaughter Princess Amélia of Orleans-Braganza's wedding in Brazil, in 2014.

I once heard she now needs a wheelchair to move. Such a pity. I met her in 2004, here in Brazil. She was very nice and down to earth.

Back
Top Bottom