The Mikasa Family Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wonderful news!
I must admit, I feared the worse given the Prince's age and seriousness of the condition.
Frankly, I was absolutely sure that he would not recover. He is 96, after all, he had a heart condition that had not been operated on earlier because of his advanced age, and he had to watch two of his sons die. That might be sufficient to kill a much younger man. As I said, his perseverance is simply amazing. :)

And I am very pleased to see how happy his wife, Princess Yuriko, looks, upon getting her husband back. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:

Princess Akiko at the Narita airport near Tokyo on October 9, 2012, before her departure for France. The princess will visit Paris until October 22 as part of an international exchange programme involving the Jisho Temple in Kyoto City, where the princess serves as an art researcher.

** Pic **

Last edited:

Like Princess Hisako yesterday, Princess Akiko today, September 4, departed from Narita airport to Buenos Aires to attend a general meeting of the International Olympic Committee.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Princess Akiko participated in a reception at the Japanese ambassador's residence in Buenos Aires, September 5, in support of Tokyo's candidacy to be the host of the 2020 Olympic Games.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

On September 6 Princess Akiko visited the Japanese Garden in Buenos Aires that is supported by the Argentine-Japanese Cultural Foundation.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Princess Akiko is on an official visit to Chile. On September 10 she met with the Minister of Foreign Affairs Alfredo Moreno:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

On September 12 she was received by Chilean President Sebastian Pinera and his wife at La Moneda Palace in Santiago:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Prince Mikasa hospitalized
November 13, 2013(Mainichi Japan)
Prince Mikasa, uncle of Emperor Akihito, has been hospitalized after partially losing consciousness at his home Tuesday evening, the Imperial Household Agency said Wednesday.

The 97-year-old youngest brother of the late Emperor Hirohito fell into a semiconscious state around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, but was back to normal before his doctor made a house call later, according to the agency.
Prince Mikasa hospitalized

Meanwhile, the prince has been released from hospital and returned home as the tests showed " no abnormalities". (Source)

Princess Akiko attended a conference as part of a visit to Turkey at the library of Istanbul Archaeological Museums in Istanbul today, April 24, 2014.

The concert to commemorate the late Prince Tomohito was a lovely gesture.
Princess Akiko's ensemble is absolutely divine.

Yesterday, April 28, Princess Akiko visited the Buklukale archaeological site in Kirikkale, Turkey.

Sad news for the Imperial Family today:

Prince Katsura, 66-year-old cousin of Emperor Akihito, died of heart failure at Tokyo's University Hospital on Sunday, June 8, it's been announced by the government and the Imperial Household Agency today. The second son of Prince and Princess Mikasa had been ill for some time.

** japantimes.co.jp: Prince Katsura, cousin of Emperor Akihito, dies at 66 **

Oh God, how sad...They lost third child already... All their sons are gone...RIP, Prince Katsura.

Oh, terrible news. I can't imagine how Prince and Princess Mikasa are suffering. I'll be praying for them.

Several members of the Imperial Family including Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko made a condolence visit to the house of Prince Katsura on June 8:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

The fifty days memorial of late Prince Katsura was held at Toshimagaoka Cemetery in Tokyo today, July 27. Several members of the Imperial family attended:

Princess Akiko attended the re-opening of the Villa Kujyoyama in Kyoto, western Japan on October 4, 2014. The Villa Kujyoyama is a residence for artists sponsored by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Culturesfrance. The gentleman she's shaking hands with on pic 1 is French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius.

Princess Akiko was present at the opening ceremony of 'The British Museum Exhibition: A History of the World in 100 Objects' at the Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum on April 18:

** Pic **

I always love to see members of the Imperial family wearing a kimono. They are so beautiful and dignified. And it is nice to see Princess Akiko out and about.

Princess Akiko as President of the Japan-Turkey Society attended the annual conference of the Japan-Turkey Society in Tokyo on May 18, 2015.

On June 2 Princess Akiko attended the Ottoman Turkish Mehter band Japanese Maritime Self-Defense Force Kure band Concert in Kushimoto, Wakayama and today, June 3, Akiko as President of the Japan-Turkey Society attended the commemoration ceremony to mark the 125th anniversary of the Ottoman frigate Ertugrul sunking also in Kushimoto, Wakayama:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Several members of the family, also including Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, attended the 'Sannenshikinensai' memorial ceremony to mark the third anniversary of the death of Prince Tomohito of Mikasa at Toshimagaoka Cemetery in Tokyo yesterday, June 6:

** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom