Swedish State Visit to Japan: March 25-31, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mandyy

Heir Presumptive
Country
Canada
February 27, 2007
  1. His Majesty King Carl XVI Gustaf, King of Sweden, and Her Majesty Queen Silvia, will pay a visit to Japan from March 25 to 31, 2007, and will stay as State Guest from March 25 to 29, 2007.
  2. During their stay in Japan, the King and Queen will make a State Call on Their Majesties the Emperor and Empress of Japan. Their Majesties the Emperor and Empress will host a State Dinner in honour of the King and Queen.
  3. The Government of Japan sincerely welcomes the visit of the King and Queen, which will further strengthen the friendly relations between Japan and the Kingdom of Sweden.
Provisional Itinerary

March 25 (Sun)
Morning: Arrival at Narita International Airport

March 26 (Mon)
Morning: Welcoming Ceremony, State Call
Evening: State Dinner

March 27 (Tue)
Evening: Return Banquet

March 28 (Wed) Visit to Local Area

March 29 (Thu)
Morning: Farewell Call

March 30 (Fri) Visit to Nagasaki

March 31(Sat) Departure from Narita International Airport

Released by Japan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Last edited:
I wish I could see some good pics of this official visit, since I like both, the Japanese Imperial family and the Sweden Royal's one too.

Vanesa.

Rare book to be displayed during Swedish state visit to Japan
Stockholm- A rare first edition of Swedish natural scientist Carl Linnaeus's pioneering book Systema Naturae is to be exhibited in Japan during the upcoming state visit by Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, officials said Friday. The Swedish royals were Monday to begin their state visit. On Wednesday, an exhibition on Linnaeus was to open at the National Science Museum in Tokyo and would be visited by the Swedish royals and their host Japanese Emperor Akihito.........
Rare book to be displayed during Swedish state visit to Japan

March 26, 2007.

Photos from Reuters and AP via Yahoo of the welcoming ceremony
Photo from JIJI press

Video from NNN news

Last edited:
Queen Silvia wore the Connaugh ruby tiara for the first time in many many years, it looked great on her. The Empress didn´t wear a tiara at the state dinner right? Is that usual?

Last edited:
the Connaught ruby tiara looks lovely on Queen Silvia...Empress Michiko usually wears a tiara...wonder what happened...

Video news from yesterday's banquet
FNN news
NNN news

Remarks by His Majesty the Emperor at the State Banquet in Honor of His Majesty King Carl XVI Gustaf and Her Majesty Queen Silvia of the Kingdom of Sweden
Link

Remarks by His Majesty King Carl XVI Gustaf
http://www.kunaicho.go.jp/okotoba/okotoba-h19-kokuhin-3.pdf

Empress Michiko didn't wear a tiara yesterday because of her ill health and it lightens the burden on her.

Japanese Emperor Akihito, Empress Michiko, Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia listen to a Rare Book Consultant Ove Hagelin in front of the original copy of "Systema Naturae" by Carl von Linne at the National Science Museum in Tokyo March 27, 2007.

Photos from Reuters and AP via Yahoo
Photo from JIJI press

Last edited:
i just saw the piccies on a swedish newspaper n i was like WHAT :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: since i didnt recognize the tiara.. decided 2 rush off here and voila...:mrgreen: kneeeeeew id find it on here...! ;) :D:D

thanx:flowers: now i dont hav 2 wonder...:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
mandyy said:
Empress Michiko didn't wear a tiara yesterday because of her ill health and it lightens the burden on her.

Are the tiaras we usually see the Empress wearing really that heavy that it will actually make a person feel sick?

Swedish Royals Visit Japan - Day Two
TOKYO - MARCH 27: King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden pose for photographs at Happoen before attending a luncheon organized by the Swedish Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Japan on March 27, 2007 in Tokyo, Japan

Fotobanka isifa image service

Queen Silvia of Sweden visits the National Art Center on March 27, 2007 in Tokyo, Japan.

Swedish Royals Visit Japan - Day Three
epa00969193 Japanese Emperor Akihito (2-R) offers a seat to the Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf (R) on the train, accompanied by Japanese Empress Michiko (2-L) and Swedish Queen Silvia (L) at Seibu Railway Shinjuku Station in Tokyo, Japan, on Wednesday 28 March 2007. They leave for one-day trip to Saitama Prefecture.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures they were nice to look at. Every one looked great and seem to enjoying each others company.

Anyone have any idea what language they use to converse? The royal and imperial coouple that is.

The imperial couple is probably using English to communicate with the royal couple. Empress Michiko Graduated from the Department of Foreign Languages and Literature in the Faculty of Literature at the University of the Sacred Heart. She studied English at university.
Emperor Akihito studied English from an American teacher when he was young.

I always liked the Sweden Royal couple. They are -at least it seems it- that they love each other a great deal.

The only remark I can do is about Queen Sylvia's hat...I can't like it. It's a little...weird. :rolleyes: But in general , she always is a very elegant woman.

Vanesa.

Swedish King Carl XVI Gustav (2L) and Queen Silvia (2R) chat with Japanese Emperor Akihito (L) and Empress Michiko (R) during a farewell call by Japan`s Royal couple at a hotel on March 29, 2007 in Tokyo, Japan

Queen Silvia of Sweden and animation film director Hayao Miyazaki pose at the Ghibli Museum on March 29, 2007 in Tokyo, Japan

Fotobanka isifa image servicehttp://www.isifa.com/detail_cr.php?id=13693243

Last edited:
Prince Naruhito and Princess Masako chatted with the King and Queen of Sweden after dinner at the Imperial Palace in the evening of March 28, 2007. It was Masako's first participation in event related to state visit since November 2004.

Photo from Mainichi

wlee said:
Prince Naruhito and Princess Masako chatted with the King and Queen of Sweden after dinner at the Imperial Palace in the evening of March 28, 2007. It was Masako's first participation in event related to state visit since November 2004.

Photo from Mainichi

I can't seem to get to picture....is it the correct page? Or is there something wrong?

King Carl XVI Gustaf(R) and Queen Silvia(L) of Sweden visit the Peace Park on March 30, 2007 in Nagasaki, Japan

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

King Carl XVI Gustaf (2R) and Queen Silvia (R) of Sweden look at a model of Nagasaki-Type Atomic Bomb "Fatman" which was dropped on Nagasaki on August 9, 1945 during the World War II, at Atomic Bomb Museum on March 30, 2007 in Nagasaki, Japan

King Carl XVI Gustaf (2R) and Queen Silvia ® of Sweden look at a model of Nagasaki-Type Atomic Bomb "Fatman" which was dropped on Nagasaki on August 9, 1945 during the World War II, at Atomic Bomb Museum on March 30, 2007 in Nagasaki, Japan

Last edited:
I can't see the page, too! Is this the correct link? Thanks for help in advance.

dragonsfire8 said:
I can't seem to get to picture....is it the correct page? Or is there something wrong?

ursulajohanna said:
I can't see the page, too! Is this the correct link? Thanks for help in advance.

I think the forum automatically changed some of the letters in the name of link to "****" and therefore the photo could not be seen.

Here is another link to the same photo. Hope it can be seen this time.

Last edited:
Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito arrives at a banquet, 27 March 2007.
Photo from AFP via Yahoo

mandyy said:
Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito arrives at a banquet, 27 March 2007.
Photo from AFP via Yahoo

He looks a little tired in the picture....does the intestinal growth, he has, have such an effect on a person?....or is it just purely exhaustion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom