State Visits

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Torkel

Commoner
The Emperor and Empress of Japan have paid several state visits after their accession in 1989. The Imperial Household Agency's web-pages has a list, but unfortunately only in Japanese, which I am not able to read. Could any of you make a list for me?

I know some of the visits :
9-13 Sep 1993: Kingdom of Belgium (King Albert and Queen Paola)
26-29 May 1998: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (Queen Elizabeth)
May 1998: Kingdom of Denmark (Queen Margrethe)
23-26 May 2000: Kingdom of the Netherlands (Queen Beatrix)
29-31 May 2000: Kingdom of Sweden (King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia)
June 2002: Republic of Poland (President Kwasniewski)
July 2002: Republic of Hungary (President Madl)

Have anything been released about visits in 2004?

In addition I am also interested to see who have paid state visits to Japan since the present Emperor started his reign. I only know of these three visits

1991: Queen Beatrix and Prince Claus of the Netherlands
21-25 Oct 1996: King and Queen of the Belgians with Crown Prince Philippe
25-31 Mar 2001: King Harald and Queen Sonja of Norway

Thank you most kindly for all your work :flower:

I hope you do not mind me posting one more question

Queen Beatrix (Guest of the nation)

King and Queen of Malaysia (Guest of the nation)

: King Albert and Queen Paola of Belguim (Guest of the nation),

: Grand Duke Jean And Grand Duchess Josephine-charlotte of Luxembourg (Guest of the nation)
: King Abdullah and Queen Rania Of Jordan (Guest of the nation)

: King Harald and Queen Sonja of Norway (Guest of the nation)

I suppose there have also been several republican heads of state who have paid state visits (those visiting beeing guests of the nation). Do you have a list of yhose too? I only ned those who were guests of the nation.
Thank you very much

Originally posted by jun5@Jan 5th, 2004 - 1:54 pm

from Kunaicho - with King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia
when was this photo taken?

is it from the Olympic winter games in 1998 or has King Juan Carlos also been a guest of the nation?

Originally posted by jun5+Jan 5th, 2004 - 4:53 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jun5 @ Jan 5th, 2004 - 4:53 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Torkel@Jan 5th, 2004 - 11:17 am
Have anything been released about visits in 2004?

The Emperor and the Empress were going to pay the official visit to Marshall Islands, Micronesia, and Parao for a war-dead memorial service and the exchange with Japanese descent sake this spring. However, it was canceled last month for the problem of defense. It was exceptional that the determined official visit was canceled.

These countries were the severe battle grounds of Japan and United States in World War II. The Emperor and the Empress wished to visit these countries strongly. [/b][/quote]
How sad that the Emperor and Empress had to cancel their visit.

One of the reasons I asked was because I hoped they might visit Norway (which is where I am from). When King Harald and Queen Sonja visited Japan in 2001 it was mentioned in the press that they had invited the Emperor and Empress to visit Norway. As they only go on these visits every second year, I hoped it was now time to visit Norway. I suppose I have to wait another two years (2006).

Again, thank you for your work. I very much appreciate it.

I hope The Emperor and Empress will visit Norway too. They have visited all the other monarchies in Europe - Belgium (1993), Spain (1994), UK and Denmark (1998), Sweden and the Netherlands (2000). It was mentioned during King Harald and Queen Sonja's visit to Japan that the Emperor and his wife would be invited to visit Norway. As this year's state visits were cancelled, erhaps there will be visits next year?

Members of the Japanese Royal family does not visit Norway very often. But Princess Tomohito of Mikasa was here in 2002. One newspaper had a picture of her attending a ski-jumping competition together with the Norwegian King and his sister. I believe she (or her husband) is Patron of the Japan-Norway association.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom