The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-05-2017, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
The pics from this banquet were a bit sparse, with no closer pics of the crown princely couple or the Akishinos. The Mikasa and Takamado ladies are hardly recognizable, though on the wide shot you can see several blurred spots that indicate that several ladies are wearing tiaras.
Perhaps we will get better pics later. But i think we didn't get pics from the Mikasa and Takamado ladies at the belgian and dutch State Banquets.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:20 AM
Majesty

letizia decided to wear a dress showing some super cleavage.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8pbY1iXoAAMg1m.jpg

cleavage in the japanese court? i am sorry, but huge mistake. i wonder what she was thinking when she prepared her wardrobe for this state visit.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:07 AM
Majesty

I must say I am spectacularly underwhelmed so far.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:10 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post

cleavage in the japanese court? i am sorry, but huge mistake. i wonder what she was thinking when she prepared her wardrobe for this state visit.
Not sure if I have seen much cleavage on display, but perhaps more pictures will be released soon
Old 04-05-2017, 11:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Old 04-05-2017, 12:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Masako at the Gala Dinner:
http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realeza...-gtres-1-a.jpg

Wearing the Order of Isabella the Catholic.

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 04-05-2017, 12:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
The pics from this banquet were a bit sparse, with no closer pics of the crown princely couple or the Akishinos. The Mikasa and Takamado ladies are hardly recognizable, though on the wide shot you can see several blurred spots that indicate that several ladies are wearing tiaras.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post

Fa-bu-lous. I like the detail of folds in the sleeves.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Well, i guess you have never seen a "super cleavage".
My two cents ...
Old 04-05-2017, 01:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Well, i guess you have never seen a "super cleavage".
My two cents ...
When you looked at the passage of all guests, Japanese and Spanish, to be presented to the imperial- and royal couples, Letizia was by far "the most nude" of all attendees. By far. And that is surprising. One would expect that from a Gunilla von Bismarck in Marbella, not so from the Queen of Spain in Tokyo. But as usual, opinions will always differ on appearances.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Judging by the photos and video of the gala dinner:
Tsuguko, Yoko, Nobuko, Mako on Masako/Michikoís side.
Kiko, Kako, Hanako (or Akiko), Hisako, and Ayako on the other.

Remarks by His Majesty the Emperor at the State Banquet in Honour of Their Majesties King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia, the King and Queen of Spain (April 5, 2017) - The Imperial Household Agency

I didnít expect Queen Letizia to wear a hat at the welcome but I was somewhat surprised Empress Michiko and CP Masako skipped hats as well. Theyíve worn hats when others didnít (Singaporeís First Lady last year, Queen Sofia in 2008). Oh well, I assume everything was agreed beforehand.
https://cdn.mainichi.jp/vol1/2017/04...0016000p/9.jpg
Old 04-05-2017, 01:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
When you looked at the passage of all guests, Japanese and Spanish, to be presented to the imperial- and royal couples, Letizia was by far "the most nude" of all attendees. By far. And that is surprising. One would expect that from a Gunilla von Bismarck in Marbella, not so from the Queen of Spain in Tokyo. But as usual, opinions will always differ on appearances.
The most nude?
You must have a fit of the vapors every time a royal wears a strapless dress, or shows a bit of leg.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Don't be so caricatural. Just a look at the video of the speeches and you'll see that her outfit is perfectly fine.
She's a young, modern and beautiful queen with a great body. I don't blame her to choose a dress enhancing her figure.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Is there a reason for Queen Letizia to rush to her place? Leaving Empress Michiko behind looked ill-bred.
Quote:

Thanks for the photo link!
Japanese ladies in kimonos looked great. It is unfortunate that we can not see good photos of Imperial Princesses, who attended the banquet.
Quote:

Crown Princess Masako's ensemble was well-chosen.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

For those asking for them, Hola's gallery on the dinner has several pics of the Japanese Imperial Family:
Diario de viaje: muchos motivos para brindar en la cena de gala del Palacio Imperial - Foto 8

And another gallery here: http://www.revistavanityfair.es/gale...8/image/664408

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 04-05-2017, 01:50 PM
Nobility

After the welcome ceremony the couples exchanged presents. The King and Queen presented the Emperor with a sculpture by Arturo Berned and a silk shawl ("mantůn") to the Empress. They also gave the couple a bonsai and four bottles of olive oil.
The Japanese couple had a ceramic vase for King Felipe and a jewelry box with gold leafing, a Saga Nishiki bag and silk to make a dress for Queen Letizia. The silk was produced by Empress Michiko silkworms.

The King and Queen also received their new Japanese orders.

https://es.noticias.yahoo.com/reyes-...103230108.html
Old 04-05-2017, 01:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
For those asking for them, Hola's gallery on the dinner has several pics of the Japanese Imperial Family:
Diario de viaje: muchos motivos para brindar en la cena de gala del Palacio Imperial - Foto 8

And another gallery here: http://www.revistavanityfair.es/gale...8/image/664408
Thanks for the links!
Mrs Abe, Princess Kiko, and her daughters looked stunning.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisma View Post
Judging by the photos and video of the gala dinner:
Tsuguko, Yoko, Nobuko, Mako on Masako/Michikoís side.
Kiko, Kako, Hanako (or Akiko), Hisako, and Ayako on the other.

Remarks by His Majesty the Emperor at the State Banquet in Honour of Their Majesties King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia, the King and Queen of Spain (April 5, 2017) - The Imperial Household Agency

I didnít expect Queen Letizia to wear a hat at the welcome but I was somewhat surprised Empress Michiko and CP Masako skipped hats as well. Theyíve worn hats when others didnít (Singaporeís First Lady last year, Queen Sofia in 2008). Oh well, I assume everything was agreed beforehand.
https://cdn.mainichi.jp/vol1/2017/04...0016000p/9.jpg
I assume they knew beforehand that Queen Letizia, like Queen Sofia before her, wouldn't be wearing a hat and agreed not to wear one themselves.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Has the Queen Problems by shaking Hands ? She wore the 2 Bracelets at the left arm.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
I must admit that I laughed (a bit) when I saw the very tall Felipe with the short Emperor/Empress and Crown Prince.

From the Spanish royal family channel:
Letizia being unhappy with her conversation with the Empress, obviously she didn't understand what Letizia was explaining to her and the interpreter came in late.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Letizia being unhappy with her conversation with the Empress, obviously she didn't understand what Letizia was explaining to her and the interpreter came in late.
Don't they both speak English ? I imagine the interpreter is there just as a backup.

Tags
spanish state visit to japan, state visit