The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Imperial Family of Japan

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-06-2005, 07:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita
Princess Victoria is a beautiful girl but I really don't like her wearing glasses . I think that it really doesn't suit her, it makes her appear more old . I wonder why she never wears contact lens ??! Has she an allergy or something like that ?
is it not good that she wears glasses becouse the younger girls see that its not something they only wear
I hope that you understand what i mean

I do not like when victoria wears glases in gala but if she needs it to see better then i can object
but her wearing glasses when she "works" does not botrher me at all

Old 04-06-2005, 08:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
is it not good that she wears glasses becouse the younger girls see that its not something they only wear
I hope that you understand what i mean

I do not like when victoria wears glases in gala but if she needs it to see better then i can object
but her wearing glasses when she "works" does not botrher me at all
Hm, since she wears her glasses more, I wear mine less Well, I don´t need them really. And I wonder, how much Victoria needs them. She has gotten them very late (at 11 or 12), so I wonder if her visual defect is really so strong, that she needs permanently glasses. I know, that some children and teenagers develop a visual defect later in their growing years (for me it was reversed...I got glasses at 4 and since then my visus has improved permanently) but I guess this isn´t the norm.
I think member Alva, who I haven´t seen for a while, is an optician...maybe she could say more.

Thank you for the pictures. It seems now the long (boring?) hours with Daniel in the ice hockey stadiums make sense

Old 04-06-2005, 09:27 AM
Nobility

[QUOTE=Lena]Hm, since she wears her glasses more, I wear mine less Well, I don´t need them really. And I wonder, how much Victoria needs them. She has gotten them very late (at 11 or 12), so I wonder if her visual defect is really so strong, that she needs permanently glasses.

I remember that Victoria didn't wear glasses even when she was "at work" a few years ago . It's a very recent thing . So it's very strange . Maybe she only wants to look more stylish or serious or something like that ...
Old 04-06-2005, 11:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Take a look at the japanese photographing in the background. I would say, they wear lime-green trucker caps. What a tribute
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=121320
Old 04-06-2005, 12:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Crown Princess Victoria at The Sweden Day at Expo 2005 in Aichi, Japan. These are from Fotomarktplatz:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	121507   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	121508   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	121509   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	121510  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	121511   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	121512   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	121513   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	121514  

Old 04-06-2005, 12:45 PM
Heir Apparent

From YAHOO!

Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria, left, receives the flowers from Kevin Ahrlind, right, and his brother Jonathan, dressed in Japanese traditional 'hakama' trousers, as she arrives at the Nordic Joint Pavilion of the Aichi Expo 2005 on Wednesday, April 6, 2005 at Nagakute, Aichi prefecture in central Japan. The world fair is on the themes of the technology and the environment. The brothers are half Swedish and half Japanese, living in a nearby city in the prefecture. (AP Photo/Shizuo Kambayashi)

Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria arrives at the Nordic Joint Pavilion of the Aichi Expo 2005 on Wednesday, April 6, 2005 at Nagakute, Aichi prefecture in central Japan. The world fair is on the themes of the technology and the environment. (AP Photo/Shizuo Kambayashi)

Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria arrives at the Nordic Joint Pavilion of the Aichi Expo 2005 on Wednesday, April 6, 2005 at Nagakute, Aichi prefecture in central Japan. The world fair is on the themes of the technology and the environment. (AP Photo/Shizuo Kambayashi)
Old 04-06-2005, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

From YAHOO!

Swedish Crown Princess Victoria admires cherry blossoms flower arrangement during her inspection tour to a one-week Swedish baby toy fair at Matsuzakaya department store in Nagoya, central Japan, Wednesday, April 6, 2005. Victoria attended the Sweden Day event celebrated at Aichi Expo world's fair near Nagoya earlier in the day. (AP Photo/Shizuo Kambayashi)

Swedish Crown Princess Victoria celebrates after scoring a goal as she plays a hockey game with Swedish Industry and Trade Minister Thomas Oestros during her inspection tour to a one-week Swedish baby toy fair at Matsuzakaya department store in Nagoya, central Japan, Wednesday, April 6, 2005. Victoria attended the Swedish Day event celebrated at Aichi Expo world's fair near Nagoya earlier in the day. (AP Photo/Shizuo Kambayashi)

Swedish Crown Princess Victoria, right, plays a hockey game with Swedish Industry and Trade Minister Thomas Oestros, left, during her inspection tour to a one-week Swedish baby toy fair at Matsuzakaya department store in Nagoya, central Japan, Wednesday, April 6, 2005. Victoria attended the Swedish Day event celebrated at Aichi Expo world's fair near Nagoya earlier in the day. (AP Photo/Shizuo Kambayashi)
Old 04-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Royal Highness

Lovely, lovely photos. I looove her outfit. It's youthful, chic,and hip.:)

She looks great except for that darn ponytail... Seriously, I think she would've looked sooo much nicer if she had her hair done like this...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CP visits home for the blind.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	121515  
Old 04-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Courtier

I really liked her suit, and the ponytail was not too bad... It will be interesting to see what she will wear the other days, if she will continue with the good taste she had in sydney. That good taste seems to only be used when she is abroad and not present here at home (atleast not as often).
Old 04-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

I must say Victoria impresses me with her work ethics, first Australia then Denmark and now Japan, soon to be followed by another trip. Well done to her The minister she travel with now looks like a drag, nothing like the little youthful one she used to trave with.....Patgorsky something???

I love her suit and the shoes are Ok, better than the grandma pumps she used during the latest state visit, and since I have settled on the fact that Victoria will not loose her ponytail anyday soon, the next best thing would be to chop of atleast half of it, she can always use extensions for galas like her mother does.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:12 PM
Majesty

would this be her throne as Queen of Sweden
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1111.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	121659   Click image for larger version

Name:	111.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	121661  
Old 04-06-2005, 10:24 PM
Courtier

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita
Princess Victoria is a beautiful girl but I really don't like her wearing glasses . I think that it really doesn't suit her, it makes her appear more old . I wonder why she never wears contact lens ??! Has she an allergy or something like that ?
I wear glasses so Princess Victoria is my girl!

As I was looking at the pictures of Princess Victoria in Japan, I realized that my admiration of her has increased. She always looks like she enjoys whatever the country's dignataries have planned for her and she's game to do practically anything. I think she's wonderful with or without the glasses and the ponytail

Dennism, I am a fan of your wife-to-be Princess Victoria rules!!!:p
Old 04-07-2005, 12:15 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
She does indeed rule! So many people are fans and Mgrant has touched on some of the reasons why.

"The minister she travel with now looks like a drag, nothing like the little youthful one she used to trave with.....Patgorsky something???"

Leif Pagrotsky was the former trade minister. He was more interesting than Mr. Östross. He is now the Minister for Education, Research and Culture. He is big on promoting Swedish pop singers and rock groups which is great. Yes, quite youthful.

"she can always use extensions for galas like her mother does."

Yes, it would be marvelous if she wore her hair like her mother does at the Nobel dinners. But hardly practical. But that would look great.

"would this be her throne as Queen of Sweden"

Ha ha ha. Very funny. A futuristic queen!
Old 04-07-2005, 12:24 AM
Majesty

More photos of Victoria from her first day in Japan:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Victoria31.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	121824   Click image for larger version

Name:	Victoria32.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	121825   Click image for larger version

Name:	Victoria33.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	121826   Click image for larger version

Name:	Victoria34.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	121827  

Name:	Victoria35.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	121828   Click image for larger version

Name:	Victoria36.jpeg
Views:	67
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	121829   Click image for larger version

Name:	Victoria37.jpeg
Views:	51
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	121830   Click image for larger version

Name:	Victoria38.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	121831  

Name:	Victoria39.jpeg
Views:	54
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	121832   Click image for larger version

Name:	Victoria40.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	121833  
Old 04-07-2005, 12:25 AM
Majesty

One more from yesterday:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Victoria42.jpeg
Views:	55
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	121834  
Old 04-07-2005, 12:25 AM
Commoner

Like it or not, she obviously prefers to wear her hair this way so I think we should all try to focus on it's beauty! I too would love to see her hair down more, but every person has there own personal likes and dislikes. :-)
Old 04-07-2005, 03:45 AM
Heir Apparent

So lovely.Thanks lots for photos.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 04-07-2005, 05:34 AM
Heir Apparent

OKAZAKI, JAPAN - APRIL 7: Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden attends a welcome ceremony with Japanese students in the schoolyard of Umezono elementary school on April 7, 2005 in Okazaki, Aichi Prefecture, Japan. Okazaki city is one of the friendship town of Sweden. (Photo by Koichi Kamoshida/Getty Images)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	jap1.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	121883   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jap2.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	121884   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jap3.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	121885   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jap4.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	121886  

Old 04-07-2005, 05:37 AM
Nobility

Thanks for the pictures.

I like this style for Victoria. I just wish she would wear her hair in a variety of styles.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Jema has posted an interesting link on the CPMB, thanks to her for it( http://crownprincessmary.ipbhost.com/index.php?):

http://www.expo2005.or.jp/jp/E0/E1/asx/top...1m180sweden.asx

Tags
crown prince naruhito, crown princess victoria, japan, naruhito, official visit, world exposition