The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Imperial Family of Japan

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-22-2013, 02:30 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

You are most welcome!

On August 20 Princess Tsuguko also attended the Esala Perahera festival in the central town of Kandy. Thai Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn was also present:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

And on August 21 Princess Tsuguko visited the pilgrimage site Sri Mahabhodhi in Anuradhapura:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Old 09-03-2013, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Princess Hisako departed from Narita airport near Tokyo on September 3, 2013, to leave for Buenos Aires. She will attend a general meeting of the International Olympic Committee in the Argentine capital on September 7 to make a speech thanking the world for supporting northeastern Japan after the devastating March 2011 earthquake and tsunami.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Old 09-04-2013, 03:53 AM
Heir Apparent

i was happy to see tsuguko in sri lanka, it seems to me it's the first official visit she ever performed? it's great to see her. she looks very different from the last pictures we have: long hair and she seems to have lost a fair bit of weight as well.

why sri lanka? did she get a personal invitation? i love the picture of her and the thai princess taking pictures, just like anyone else would. i hope more pictures become available of the visit and that she continues to perform such visits more often!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-04-2013, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post

why sri lanka? did she get a personal invitation?

Please see post 101 above, where I've answered that question: President Mahinda Rajapaksa and his wife had met Princess Tsuguko during their visit to Japan and had invited her to come
Old 09-07-2013, 02:37 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Hisako at two IOC events in Buenos Aires on September 6, 2013 - on pic 1 she's greeted by Olympic Committee President Jacques Rogge. Pic 2 of meeting Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia is lovely:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 09-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the updates!
It is nice to see Princess Takamado attending the meeting. Hopefully the Japanese metropolis will win. Prince Felipe is such a gentleman.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator

You are most welcome, Al_bina! And they've indeed won - Japan will host the 2020 Olympics!

Tokyo defeated Istanbul with 60:36 in the final round of secret voting by the IOC. Madrid was eliminated earlier.

Here are some pics of Princess Hisako during the bid presentation, yesterday, September 7:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** daylife gallery ** zimbio **
Old 09-09-2013, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

On September 7 Princess Hisako also visited the Club Atletico Boca Juniors in Buenos Aires:

** Pic **

And today, September 9, she arrived back at Narita airport near Tokyo - happy and lovely looking:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 10-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Princess Hisako pictured during a speech at the 'Japanese Festivals in Ishikawa' at Hondanomori Hall in Kanazawa, Ishikawa on October 5, 2013:

** Pic **
Old 12-10-2013, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Hisako has made kimchi at the South Korean Embassy in Tokyo on December 7, 2013.This event is to celebrate the tasty iconic Korean dish being listed as a UNESCO intangible cultural heritage.

** Pic **
Old 04-24-2014, 10:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyy View Post
#1-2: Yomiuri news

#1: Princess Hisako in Kochi Prefecture on Sept 1, 2005
#2: Princess Hisako in Toyama Prefecture on Sept 21, 2005.
In Picture #2, Princess Hisako had a very picturesque exhibit to see with the way the different purple and white flowers had been beautifully arranged.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Noriko has announced her engagement to Kunimaro Senge, a 40-year-old Shinto priest, today, May 27, 2014.

** gettyimages gallery **

** Wedding Bells to Ring for Japanese Princess ** belga gallery **

** the-japan-news.com: Princess Noriko of Takamado to marry Izumo Taisha priest **

Old 05-27-2014, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Noriko's choice of a spouse is quite puzzling. I was unaware of the fact that Shinto priests can have a family.
Hopefully photos of an upcoming wedding will be released.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:15 AM
Nobility

So Her Imperial Highness is going to become Mrs. Noriko Senge after her wedding. I hope the Diet will change the laws before the Emperor's granddaughters marry and lose their titles.

And the Princess will be 26 on July, her fiancé is already 40. It's a considerable age difference. I wish them all the best, and I hope the Princess will adjust well to her new life as a commoner.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent

the age difference is quite important indeed, although who are we to judge, they seem to know each other for a long time, so i guess that's important also.

is it definite that noriko will become a commoner upon marriage?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-27-2014, 02:22 PM
Heir Apparent

The law has not been amended. As mentioned in Japan Times, Princess Hisako said of the engagement, “I hope Noriko will raise a loving and happy family and will adapt to a new life.” So there is a strong chance that Princess Noriko will be prepared to live like a commoner.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Well, it is good news to hear of another wedding in the Imperial Family of Japan. The couple seem to have known each other for quite a while and to me, this seems a good thing as they realise they want to be together all their lives.
I think that Princess Noriko will adapt to her new life very easily because of the ceremonies, protocols etc associated with the shrine that her new family oversee, such things will be very familiar to her.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:57 AM
Commoner

Mr. Senge can NOT be 40! He looks no older than 30!

Congratulations to the couple. I wish them many happy years together!
Old 05-28-2014, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to the couple! A wedding is always happy news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Princess Noriko's choice of a spouse is quite puzzling. I was unaware of the fact that Shinto priests can have a family.
Hopefully photos of an upcoming wedding will be released.
I've done a little bit of research, and found a Wikipedia page about Shinto priests (not the best of sources, I know), which says that a priest can marry and have children who will often inherit their position, ie they will become a priest like their father. However, this is no longer legally recongised, although many children of Shinto priests still do it. Here's the link if you want to read more :

Kannushi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my TRF group about British Royal Children!
Old 05-31-2014, 08:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the information!
I have been told that only Shinto priests and monks are free to marry. Clerics of most schools of Buddhism are not allowed to marry.

Princess Noriko got engaged | IMPERIAL FAMILY OF JAPAN(originally posted by LittleThunder on royaldish.com)

Her Imperial Highness Princess Noriko of Takamado Set to Marry This Fall. (VIDEOS) | The Royal Correspondent(originally posted by LittleThunder on royaldish.com)

The couple is alright. Princess Noriko radiates joy and looks relaxed. It would be fair to assume that Mr Senge was very carefully vetted by the Imperial Household Agency.

Tags
hisako, princess hisako, princess takamado, takamado