The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Imperial Family of Japan

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-23-2006, 04:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Too bad I'm on the other side of the country or else I'll want to be there at the event. :(

Maybe we can have someone who either lives in Edmonton or Toronto to go and see if they can meet Princess Hisako.

Old 01-24-2006, 05:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess gives campus the royal treatment
By Mari Sasano

January 23, 2006 - Emphasizing the importance of building relationships between cultures, between universities and between one other, University of Alberta students were treated today to a visit from Princess Hisako Takamado of Japan.
The visit also marked her "virtual debut," networking with students and faculty members at the universities of British Columbia, Calgary, Toronto and Victoria.

http://www.expressnews.ualberta.ca/article.cfm?id=7276

Photo from University of Alberta Homepage
http://www.expressnews.ualberta.ca/images/7276.001.jpg

Old 01-25-2006, 01:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Media Advisory - Lieutenant Governor to welcome HIH Princess Takamado of Japan

TORONTO, Jan. 25 /CNW/ - The Hon. James K. Bartleman will officiallywelcome Her Imperial Highness Princess Takamado of Japan to Ontario, upon herarrival for a private call at the Lieutenant Governor's Suite at Queen's Parkon Thursday 26 January at 10:30 AM.

PHOTO OPPORTUNITY
WHO
His Honour the Honourable James K. Bartleman
Her Imperial Highness Princess Takamado of Japan

WHAT
Arrival of HIH Princess Takamado for a private call

WHEN
Thursday 26 January / 10:30 AM

WHERE
The Lieutenant Governor's Suite, Legislative Building, Queen's Park

HIH Princess Takamado is visiting Toronto for the official opening of The Prince Takamado Gallery of Japan at the Royal Ontario Museum, named in honourof her late husband.

NOTE: Media must obtain a media pass from the Press Gallery Steward inRoom 386 of the Legislative Building before arriving at the LieutenantGovernor's Suite by 10:20 AM.

For further information: Nanda Casucci-Byrne, Office of the Lieutenant Governor, Tel. (416) 909-7552, www.lt.gov.on.ca

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/a.../25/c4849.html
Old 01-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maple Leaf Martinis hit Tokyo
....................The event, set for Feb. 10 in Tokyo, is the most anticipated function of the year for Canadians living in Japan and friends of our country. Princess Takamado, Joseph Caron, Canada's ambassador to Japan and his wife Kumru Caron, are merely a handful of the luminaries expected to attend the Maple Leaf Ball.
http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Alberta/...10763-sun.html
Old 01-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Rendezvous
..............In the group who went on to an early showing of Clif's annual Christmas exhibit at the Tolman Collection was the lovely, lovely Princess Takamado. The young widow also brightened the 60th anniversary of the Foreign Correspondents' Club late last month at the Tokyu Capitol Hotel.............
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/...20051217jr.htm
Old 01-30-2006, 04:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Aug. 27, 2005
Princess Hisako's visit to the UK Pavillion at the Aichi Expo.
Photos from http://www.my-earth.org.uk/

HIH Princess Takamado visits the UN Pavilion and the Great Apes Survival Project (GRASP) exhibit at the UN 60th Theatre.
Photo from http://portal.unesco.org/en/ev.php-U...CTION=201.html
Old 02-10-2006, 05:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Takamado of Japan and William Thorsell, CEO of the Royal Ontario Museum, tour the Prince Takamado Gallery of Japan named in honour of her late husband, a former Queen's student who died in 2002. The gallery of Japanese ceramics, prints and other objects officially opened last night with a gala and traditional tea ceremony. Jan/27/2006

#1: Newscom
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2006, 09:57 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Hisako's daughter,Princess Tsuguko became 20years old today.
She is currently studying at the University of Edinburgh,
and to attend cerebrations for her,she She returned home to Japan on March 3.

1and2:After returning to Japan,she visited her father,Prince Takamado's grave.
3:with her mother
(1~3 from TBS news)
4:from FNN news
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1275
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	231550   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	968
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	231551   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	231563  
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2006, 10:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Video news links about Princess Tsuguko's 20th birthday
Princess Tsuguko is the eldest daughter of Prince Takamado and Princess Hisako
TBS news- http://meta.cdn.yahoo-streaming.jp/c...1&media=wm300k

Princess Tsuguko returned to Japan to attend the Coming of Age ceremony.
#1: Photo from Kunaicho website taken on March 3rd of Princess Hisako and Princess Tsuguko viewing some photo albums
#2: Kyodo news-taken at the Takamado residence
#3: FNN news video- http://meta.cdn.yahoo-streaming.jp/c...1&media=wm300k

Below is a photo from Yomiuri news of Prince and Princess Takamado leaving the hospital with their newborn, Princess Tsuguko on March 14, 1986.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20060308-00000312-fnn-soci-thumb-000.jpg
Views:	777
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	231556  
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

From Yomiuri news
#1-2: Princess Hisako at the 2006 Tableware Festival in Tokyo on Feb. 3, 2006.
#3: In Tottori prefecture on Dec. 6, 2005.
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2006, 01:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Speech by His Excellency Mr. Sadaaki Numata
Ambassador of Japan
On the Occasion of the Official Opening Dinner of
The Prince Takamado Gallery of Japan at the Royal Ontario Museum
January 26, 2006
Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto
Her Imperial Highness Princess Takamado,
Mr. William Thorsell, Director & the CEO of the Royal Ontario Museum
Mr. David Palmer, President & Executive Director of the ROM Foundation,
Mr. Jim Temerty, Chair of the ROM Governors, President of Northan Power,
Mr. Jack Cockwell, Chair of the ROM Trustees,
Mrs. Deanne Orr, Co-Chair of the Bishop White Committee,
Mrs. Pauline Lewis, Co-Chair of the Bishop White Committee,
Distinguished guests,
Ladies and Gentlemen,
It is a great honour and privilege for me to join this commemorative grand opening of the Prince Takamado Gallery of Japan at the Royal Ontario Museum, graced by the presence of Her Imperial Highness Princess Takamado.
I would like, first of all, to express my deep respect and gratitude to the Royal Ontario Museum, the ROM Foundation and the Bishop White Committee for having created this magnificent gallery where more than 5,000 Japanese works of art are exhibited.I would also like to thank the Japanese and Canadian business communities, without whose generous donations this would not have been realized.
When I came here in April last year, I wore a hard hat and a special pair of boots to see the gallery under construction.I am very happy to see the gallery completed today, and look forward to seeing the majestic beauty of Renaissance ROM in its entirety.
Culture is like a magnet that draws people together.I have been happy to see a number of Canadians taking an active interest in traditional Japanese culture such as tea ceremony, Ikebana and Bonsai.Manychildren in primary and secondary schools are attracted to the Japanese language through manga and anime.I am sure that the permanent exhibition of Japanese arts in this gallery will stimulate the interest of a broad cross-section of Canadians in the culture, history, society and other aspects of Japan, and thus help widen the circle of mutual understanding and friendship between our two peoples.
We all recall with fondness and respect the very active and important role that His Imperial Highness Prince Takamado played in bridging Japan and Canada.We all look forward to keeping his memory alive through the activities of this gallery and building many more bridges between our tow peoples.
I would like to conclude my remarks by expressing my appreciation once again to all the people who have made this opening possible.I would also like to say how grateful we all are to Her Imperial Highness Princess Takamado for building on the valuable work of the late Prince and being with us on this important occasion.Thank you.

From http://www.ca.emb-japan.go.jp/
Old 03-24-2006, 07:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Japanese princess Takamado arranges itself to cut the inaugural tape of the exhibition "Of Tiziano to Goya. Masterpieces of the Museum of the Prado "

from terra
Attached Images

Old 03-24-2006, 08:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Miguel Zugaza (L), Museo del Prado director, delivers a speech as Japanese Princess Takamado (R) listens during the opening ceremony of the 'Masterpieces of the Museo del Prado' exhibition at the Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum, Friday 24 March 2006. Some 81 paintings from the Museo del Prado, mainly from Spain, Italy, and Flanders of the 16-18 centuries are presented in this exhibition that will open its doors on March 25 until June 30.

from ANP (EPA/FRANCK ROBICHON)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2576456.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	234120  
Old 04-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Hisako in Tokyo on March 16, 2006

From Yomiuri news
Attached Images

Old 04-06-2006, 02:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kunaicho have put up some new photos in the profile of Princess Hisako

Photos from Kunaicho
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2006, 07:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Hisako meeting Canada's Governor General MichaŽlle Jean during her visit to Canada in Jan of 2006.
Photo from Kunaicho website

Old 04-28-2006, 12:42 AM
Courtier

I know this was awhile back, but what does the Coming of Age mean for a member of the Imperial Family? In the case of Princess Tsuguko, who had her Coming of Age Ceremony last March, does it mean she will now have official duties? Do boys and girls have different age requirement for this ceremony? In the case of Princess Tsuguko, 20, but for CP Naruhito, 18 (if I remember correctly)?

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 04-30-2006, 02:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Hisako at an exhibition named "Prince Takamado's Smile" in Nagoya, Japan on March 28, 2006.

#1: Yomiuri news
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2006, 01:35 AM
Courtier

princess hisako is a writer

I have just "unearthed' from the Net that Princess Hisako of Takamado wrote two children's books - 1) Katie and the Dream Eater 2) Lulie the Iceberg, which I believe were published in 1996 and 1998.

This is so amazing! The 2nd book has a tie-up with UNICEF and was adapted into a play in Japan and Canada.

Has anyone read/come across them or or seen the play (I know they're for kids, but still....)?

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 05-05-2006, 02:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17
I have just "unearthed' from the Net that Princess Hisako of Takamado wrote children's two books - 1) Katie and the Dream Eater 2) Lulie the Iceberg, which I believe were published in 1996 and 1998.

This is so amazing! The 2nd book has a tie-up with UNICEF and was adapted into a play in Japan and Canada.

Has anyone read/come across them or or seen the play (I know they're for kids, but still....)?
Just found some pics of the books she wrote
#1-3: amazon
#1: Lulie the Iceberg (info about the book from smarter-Lulie is a very brave iceberg with the warmest of hearts. In this enchanting tale, Lulie makes the extraordinary voyage from the Arctic to the Antarctic. Filled with brilliant and imaginative illustrations, "Lulie" is an inspiring story of courage and compassion.)
#3: A book published of their visit to Korea and it's the first diary published of a visit by Imperial Family members to Korea (it has photos and diaries of their visit there in 2002)

Below is link to see parts of the English version of the book (Lulie the Iceberg) inside and some info about Princess Hisako- from what I saw she wrote this book especially to her 3 daughters and all the children of the world
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1568...=1#reader-page

Tags
hisako, princess hisako, princess takamado, takamado