Presentation of Prince Hisahito: Sept. 15, 2006.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One day after my birthday! I'm looking forward to pictures of the new, little prince. Will the IHA release official photos?

I don't know about Japanese babies, they all look the same to me, no? Am still curious though.

Isn't it weird how the public needs this kind of proof that the baby actually exists. It will be a baby, with black hair, chubby cheeks and wrapped in tight, no one will ever be able to tell if it in fact, came out of Kiko.

There was this big deal going on about Suri, who of course existed but now that we have seen her, we are quiet - even though she (perfectly fitting into this topic), does look Asian.

soCal girl said:
One day after my birthday! I'm looking forward to pictures of the new, little prince. Will the IHA release official photos?
I don't think there would be any official photos.
The chance for reporters to take clear photos of Prince Hisahito and his parents are when they are standing in front of the entrance of Aiiku hospital before they proceed to their car and return home.
Then I think some reporters can also have the chance to take photos when their car passes by.
Those are probably the best chances for them to get the photos of the little prince.

Regarding about official photos...I think we will get to see new/official photos 50 days after his birth when he is send to imperial shrines to perform religious ceremonies to pray for his health. Then there could also be photos 120days after his birth when he performs the ceremony of eating food with chopticks.

I am sure there would be official photos released at the end of Nov. when it's Prince Akishino's b-day. They will usually release photos of the family taken in early Nov. or mid-Nov.

little pumkin pie said:
I don't know about Japanese babies, they all look the same to me, no? Am still curious though.

Isn't it weird how the public needs this kind of proof that the baby actually exists. It will be a baby, with black hair, chubby cheeks and wrapped in tight, no one will ever be able to tell if it in fact, came out of Kiko.

There was this big deal going on about Suri, who of course existed but now that we have seen her, we are quiet - even though she (perfectly fitting into this topic), does look Asian.

Who is Suri?

little pumkin pie said:

You are very discriminatory saying that Japanese babies looks all alike. And of course we wants to see the baby, but NOT to realize if he "came out of Kiko" (that is very ugly to said...you speak about his birth as if he is a thing, an object"). I want to see him as well as I wanted to see all the other royal babies that were born in the last years. When Princess Letizia gave birth to Infanta Leonor I was anxious to know the girl, and now I'm anxious to know this little boy, so unwelcomed here.

And I haven't the single doubt about this poor baby is Princess Kiko and Prince Akishino's son. They already had two girls, and now they could had had a baby boy...That's so weird? I think not...

I repeat. My brother has already two boys...and now I'm desperate for her wife giving birth to a baby girl. It's not so rare that this couple wanted something different. Isn't it? And for Princess Kiko's age, she is not old. I know many ladies that have their first children being 13 or 14 and that suddenly had a new boy or girl just for they wanted to.

I'm very surprised that some people here ebcouraged women giving birth at 60 and now claiming that Princess Kiko is very old to have a baby and such.

Sorry: Princess Kiko got pregnant and have a boy inestead of a girl. It seems this is too bad for too many people. A new baby came to this world and, inestead of being happy you are almost saying that the IHA forced the Princess to have a baby, that it went somewhere to get a baby and that this poor lady was never pregnant. Prince Hisahito is hated for millions of women around the world...As the Romans would said: "Oh tempora, o mores!"...:bang: :mad:

Vanesa.

I couldn't see much of Prince Hisahito. :ermm: I have been waiting all morning....hope we can see more of him soon!

is a petty baby, more later we can see his face better

hito.jpg

image from yahoo news

Last edited:
I am watching NHK on TV and I just saw the newsflash on the Akishinos leaving the hospital. Unfortunately, Princess Kiko only pushed the blanket away from the baby's face for just a fraction of a second :ermm: I hope that one lucky photographer was able to capture that!

one more from reuters via yahoo news.
hito1.jpg

kiko look very very happy!

#1-2: Profimedia
#3,8-9:Larger photo from Polfoto
#4-7: Yomiuri news

Last edited:
mandyy said:
Larger photos from Polfoto

is the fist time I see kiko a big smile! :ROFLMAO:

In the photo number 3 they say; we win! ha ha ha :wacko:

Little Hisahito has a lot of hair for a newborn! :)

Kiko looks very happy. I'm glad that she's doing well and she seems overwhelmed with love for her little prince.

hmm...can't see much of his face...............couldn't really tell how he looks like......:p

merampo said:
Prince Hisahito leaved the hospital with his parents just now!!I want to see his face more:ermm:
1:from NHK

The screen caps are great. Thanks! Princess Kiko is clearly glowing with happiness especially on the upper 3rd photo here. I am sure she's excited to go home after weeks in the hospital.

http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1158292471001at9.jpg

Also, I think that the lower 1st photo there is the best photo we have to little Hisahito for now :ermm:

LEAD: Princess Kiko, newborn baby leave hospital
....Prince Hisahito, who was given his name on Tuesday, begins living with the rest of his family -- his parents and sisters Princess Mako and Princess Kako -- at their residence on the grounds of the Akasaka Estate, where Crown Prince Naruhito, Prince Akishino's elder brother, and his family also live.
Princess Kiko, 40, and her 9-day-old son are both in good health, according to the Imperial Household Agency. The princess has changed his diapers herself most of the time, while the newborn prince has been nursing and crying boisterously, the agency said. Prince Hisahito will stay in a room with a space of just over 13 square meters with a crib on the residence's second floor, and a full-time nurse and two part-time nurses will stand by to provide care, according to the agency.....
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/060915/kyodo/d8k54pgg0.htmlhttp://asia.news.yahoo.com/060915/kyodo/d8k54pgg0.htmlhttp://asia.news.yahoo.com/060915/kyodo/d8k535f00.html
From Profimedia

#1: from Asahi news
#2: JIJI press
#3: Polfoto
#4-6: Profimedia
#5-7: Crowd of people wave Japanese flags and take pictures as newly born Japanese Prince Hisahito with his parents Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko arrive at their residence in Tokyo 15 September 2006.

A 10 min video of them leaving the hospital from NNN news
http://meta.cdn.yahoo-streaming.jp/cgi-bin/yahoo/news.asx?cid=20060915-00000044-nnn-soci-movie-000&media=wm300k

Last edited:
From Polfoto-Passers-by watch a huge TV screen showing a live image of Japan's Prince Akishino and his newborn Prince Hisahito leaving a hospital in his mother's arms in Tokyo, Friday, Sept. 15, 2006. They gave the public their first glimpse at the baby who may one day inherit the country's ancient Chrysanthemum throne.

I know I will get tomatoes thrown at me and it is a bit off subject, but I was just wondering if anyone else ever wishes that the Prince would cut his hair !!!

mandyy said:
LEAD: Princess Kiko, newborn baby leave hospital
....Prince Hisahito, who was given his name on Tuesday, begins living with the rest of his family -- his parents and sisters Princess Mako and Princess Kako -- at their residence on the grounds of the Akasaka Estate, where Crown Prince Naruhito, Prince Akishino's elder brother, and his family also live.
Princess Kiko, 40, and her 9-day-old son are both in good health, according to the Imperial Household Agency. The princess has changed his diapers herself most of the time, while the newborn prince has been nursing and crying boisterously, the agency said. Prince Hisahito will stay in a room with a space of just over 13 square meters with a crib on the residence's second floor, and a full-time nurse and two part-time nurses will stand by to provide care, according to the agency.....
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/060915/kyodo/d8k51ueg1.html

Will the new prince be sleeping on the same crib used by his grandfather, like Aiko? Oh dear, I was hoping to see a full-face shot of him...... I hope we can all see him like that soon. It's really nice to see his parents' joy and also that of the Japanese people.

Last edited:
Photos of the Akishino family as newborn
#1: Prince Akishino back in 1965 held on by his mother, then Crown Princess Michiko (www.yuko2ch.net)
#2: Princess Mako in Oct of 1991
#3: Princess Kako in Jan 6, 1995 leaving the hospital after she was born in late Dec. of 1994
#2-3 from Yomiuri news

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Photos of Prince Hisahito from Getty images
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=EventImagesSearchState%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c71890365%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=1&tag=1

Article from HELLO
...Although Kiko is still recovering from the caesarean birth, the 40-year-old royal has taken on much of her son's care herself, including changing Hisahito's nappies most of the time. "I am very grateful to the people, friends and family who prayed for the baby's safe delivery," said the emotional mum. "I am overjoyed by the birth and happy that today we are able to return home.".....
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/09/15/japan-royal-baby/

Last edited:
Pity we can't see the face better, but he seems to be so tiny and cute... :)

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Pity we can't see the face better, but he seems to be so tiny and cute... :)
Yeah! He seems to be very sweet! All the babies are very cute! :)
And the Princess is very happy!!

Great photos as always, Mandyy! Kiko looks lovely and the happiest I think I have ever seen her.

"I know I will get tomatoes thrown at me and it is a bit off subject, but I was just wondering if anyone else ever wishes that the Prince would cut his hair !!"

And yes, I have suggested this before. I actually thing his bangs/fringe look like a horses forelocks and wish he'd get them cut!

In my opinion, the third photo doesn't say "we win". It says to me that Kiko did this to make her husband happy. All you have to do to realize this is look at her expression as she looks into his eyes while he looks so happy that he seems almost in tears of joy.

All the best,
marysusan

I see a couple who is overjoyed about the birth of their son. Whether Kiko had to have this baby or not, she is a very happy mother and that´s what matters.
Although I personally feel that women should be entitled to become Empresses, this doesn´t take away the fact that P and P Akishino have a son who is their pride and joy. The tender looks between them is, for a Japanese royal couple, is already considered very "open". Let´s just enjoy seeing their happiness without speculating about succession and how and why they had this baby.

Back
Top Bottom