Imperial Family of Japan: News & Photos

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by jun5+Jan 10th, 2004 - 6:53 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jun5 @ Jan 10th, 2004 - 6:53 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Poppy@Jan 10th, 2004 - 5:04 am
Have the Princesses Yoko and Hisako experiencing the same problem like Princess Sayako? That's why they're not yet married?? Are they very old now, like 40+? Also, why aren't they wearing the gold sash?
Princess Hiasako, she is the late Prince Takamado's wife. She is 50 years old now. She has three daughters. (Prince Takamado passed away on November 2002. He was 47 years old.)

Princess Yoko, she is second daughter of Prince Tomohito of Mikasa. (Prince Tomohito of Mikasa, he is Prince Mikasa's eldest son, and also Emperor Akihito's cousin.) She is 20 years old now. She was born in 1983. She goes to Gakushuin University in Japan.

Princess Akiko, she is eldest daughter of Prince Tomohito of Mikasa. She is 22 years old now. She was born in 1981. Maybe, she has stayd in GB for going to a school.

Princess Sayako, she is a daughter of Emperor Akihito. She was born in 1969. She is 36 years old now.

Princess Akiko and Yoko, they will not get married for a while since they are a student now. They have not done official duties without the ceremony in the imperial palace yet. I think that they would do official duties more after graduating from a university. Probably, I think that they would confer a decoration when they begin official duties formally. [/b][/quote]
Oh they are young. Sorry, I thought they are all very old now because to me, they look old. Especially, Princess Yoko, the lady who wears a pair of glasses, looks very mature.

thank you for all the new posts, and pictures great tradition

Originally posted by jun5@Jan 14th, 2004 - 5:12 am
You're welcome, Josefine. :flower:
Jun,

I too would like to thank you for putting in so much effort into this forum. I really enjoy looking at the pictures and reading your very informative posts!!!

Thank you so much.

Sean.~

Arigatou gozaimasu for all the pictures jun5, videos and text it is a real pleasure to check every day.

Oh, no Jun5, you are not posting too much! I love seeing the posts about Japanese Imperial family, we don't see much news of them where I live. I especially love the poems Prince Naruhito and Princess Masako wrote about Princess Aiko, they were so touching and loving.

Why in the new year pictures that we cannot see Princess Nobuko (Princess Tomohito of Mikasa)? Was she represented by her daughters??

This is a momentous development in Japan, to pave the way to allow for a female ruler.

And it's good to see that the majority "pollees" -- whether they are Japanese citizens or politicians are in support of this change.

But if this change is not made to the Imperial House Law, (and in the very far future) what would happen to the Imperial family if (after he succeeds his father) and Naruhito were to pass away and Aiko is the only offspring he and Masako have -- would she succeed her father anyway? Or would the Imperial family end after Naruhito? This latter scenario would be very disappointing if it were the case.

"(AP) - A government panel plans to recommend that Japan amend
a law to let women inherit the Chrysanthemum Throne, a newspaper
reported Sunday, as the imperial family face its most serious
succession crisis in centuries.

The birth in December 2001 of Princess Aiko, the only child of Crown
Prince Naruhito, has generated intense debate over whether the
Imperial Household Law should be changed to allow her one day to
reign.

A lower house panel is leaning toward revising the law and plans to
solicit opinions from experts before submitting its final
recommendations next January, the Mainichi newspaper said.

Panel members were unavailable for comment Sunday. The imperial
family has refused to comment, saying it is a political matter for
the government to decide.

The Imperial Household Law, which was drawn up in 1889 and survived
an overhaul of the country's constitution after World War II,
dictates that only men can inherit the throne.

However, no boy has been born to the imperial family since the
1960s.

Polls have consistently shown strong support for a revision to let
Aiko take the throne, and both ruling and opposition lawmakers have
voiced tentative support for the change.

Japan last had a reigning empress almost 200 years ago. A total of
eight women have occupied the Chrysanthemum Throne throughout its
1,500 years of documented history. "

i'm looking for two things one is information on a t.v. seriers call "The Inner Palace" and the 2nd is any infomation concerning japan's royal family during the mid-19th century.
thx

Imperial Household Agency

what gives with the imperial household agency?

where do they get their power?

who runs them?

who works for them?

are they controlled by the government?

can the prime minister (love his hair) do anything about them?

what is their purpose in life?

anyone know???

Please Someone Answer Us

Ipi Tombe said:
what gives with the imperial household agency?

where do they get their power?

who runs them?

who works for them?

are they controlled by the government?

can the prime minister (love his hair) do anything about them?

what is their purpose in life?

anyone know???

I'm with Ipe Tombe. Who are these people anyway and is there a way they can be disbanded? Someone needs to drag them into the 21st century!

Hi, I'm new here. This forum is very good, congratulations!
I would like to see recent photos of Princess Mako and Kako, daughters of Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko of Japan Royal Family. Can you help me?
Thanks, ACBonelli

TOKYO, JAPAN: Japanese Emperor Akihito (top, L) and Empress Michiko (top, 2nd L) accompanied by other royal family members (top, R) listen to a national anthem at the beginning of the annual autumn garden party at the Akasaka Imperial Park in Tokyo, 28 October 2004. About 1,600 people were invited to the garden party hosted by the emperor and empress. AFP PHOTO/POOL/Toru YAMANAKA

2-3) President of Japan's auto giant Nissan Motor, Carlos Ghosn (L) and his wife Rita (R)

5) Japanese Emperor Akihito (2nd L), accompanied by Empress Michiko(L) chats with Kunio Yonenaga (2nd R)

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 322
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 259
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 266
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 246
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 323
TOKYO, JAPAN: Kenian President Mwai Kibaki and first lady Lucy Kibaki pay a courtesy call at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo, 01 November 2004. Kibaki is here to attend the TICAD (Tokyo International Conference on African Development) Asia-Africa Trade and Investment Conference here. AFP PHOTO/Toru YAMANAKA

Attachments

• 51632046.jpg
    51632046.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 311
  • 51632048.jpg
    51632048.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 279
mandyy said:

This is such a cool magazine as pictures of the imperial family is sooo hard to find and this magazine has got all of it!! Pity that it doesnt shows the content.

I've a question, While other members of the imperial family have got the words "Palace" and "Home" at the end of their official title, howcome only Prince and Princess Tomohito haven't got the two words at the end??? They have another kind of title it seems. A special kind of Prince?

OMG, that first magazine cover with Princess Masako and Princess Aiko is truly adorable. Wish there were more pics of the two.

I'm sorry, but i can't find this webiste? This webiste has other royals? Do you know more?

raquel

Akihito and Languages

What languages do the Emperor and Empress of Japan speak?

TOKYO - NOVEMBER 17: Princess Sayako is pictured at the Akasaka state guesthouse during a reception hosted by Denmark's Queen Margrethe II, on November 17, 2004 in Tokyo, Japan.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 480
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 269
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 233
rchainho said:
Why she is going to be a commomer after marriage?
Japanese law states that all Imperial Princesses will lose their title when they marry. This happened to the Emperor's sisters and cousins. However, this is likely to change with the reform bill the government is considering. They may just pass the bill before Sayako marries.

And when is this reform? The reform includes princess aiko too?

Princess Sayako at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo at the gala dinner for Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik.

Attachments

• 晩餐会.jpg
    晩餐会.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 484
  • デンマーク女.jpg
    デンマーク女.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 285
  • マルグレーテ2世女.jpg
    マルグレーテ2世女.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 229
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 232
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
thanks mybags. Were are they going to live (the couple) after marriage?

I presume the couple will live in Tokyo as I hear her fiance is a govenment official.

KOSHIGAYA, JAPAN: Japan's Princess Sayako arrives at the imperial duck preserves in Koshigaya, north of Tokyo, 26 November 2004. Princess Sayako, the only daughter of Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko, plans to marry Yoshiki Kuroda, a 39-year-old Tokyo metropolitan government official, early next year.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 271
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 244
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 180
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 250
Prince Akishino expresses regret over Crown Prince's controversial remarks

Prince Akishino expresses regret over Crown Prince's controversial remarks

Prince Akishino has broken the silence about controversial remarks that his brother, Crown Prince Naruhito, made about Crown Princess Masako in May, saying it was "regrettable" that the Crown Prince did not consult Emperor Akihito first.

Speaking at a news conference ahead of his 39th birthday on Tuesday, Prince Akishino said communication within the Imperial Household at the time was insufficient. "I think this is regrettable," he said.

It is the first time that a member of the Imperial Family has given a concrete statement on the Crown Prince's controversial comments that there were moves to deny Crown Princess Masako's personality and her career.

Prince Akishino made the remarks on the Crown Prince's comments at a news conference accompanied by Princess Kiko on Nov. 25. After saying he hoped that Princess Masako would quickly recover from the adjustment disorder she suffered, he mentioned Crown Prince Naruhito's controversial remarks about the Crown Princess, saying, "He should at least have discussed what he was going to say with His Majesty, and made the remarks after that."

Speaking on a proposed revision to Crown Princess Masako's official duties, Prince Akishino added his personal opinion that, "The things one wants to do and one's official duties are separate. I think official duties are passive."

In May, Crown Prince Naruhito raised controversy when he said, "There were moves to deny Masako's career and her personality," within the Imperial Household Agency.

Earlier in February, Crown Prince Naruhito spoke on Crown Princess Masako's situation, saying that she had faced various hardships in her life in their Togu Palace. Prince Akishino said he had not understood parts of what the Crown Prince said, so he asked him directly.

Prince Akishino avoided making a comparison with his own situation and that in the Togu Palace, saying, it was extremely unreasonable to make a comparison because the scale of the situation at the Crown Prince's palace was different. (Mainichi Shimbun, Japan, Nov. 30, 2004)
http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/news/20041130p2a00m0dm010000c.html

There are many other articles.
http://news.search.yahoo.com/search/news/?ei=ISO-8859-1&c=&p=akishino

Attachments

• conference.jpg
    conference.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 497
  • family.jpg
    family.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 538
  • family2.jpg
    family2.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 295
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 479
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Princess Sayako is shaking hand with Chinese ambassador(2004-11-26)
Emperor Akihito ,Empress Michiko and Princess Sayako greet King Abdullah of Joran(2004-12-13)

Attachments

• 20041214-02200638-jijp-soci-view-001.jpg
    20041214-02200638-jijp-soci-view-001.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 313
  • 20041126-02175050-jijp-soci-view-001.jpg
    20041126-02175050-jijp-soci-view-001.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 205
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom